xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 109 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

11 minutes ago, hanzabu said:

sry i'm an idiot, i didn't close xlodgen for the file to get generated, here u go & thx for your patience (it would be wise to name those test binaries differently, so we can communicate more effectively)

SSELODGen_log.txt 2.59 MB · 0 downloads

Great! Good to know that test version #4 works as it is based on beta 87.

Now if you could also run test version #3. I expect it to fail. Upload SSELODGen and bugreport please to conclude the troubleshooting.

17 minutes ago, sheson said:

Great! Good to know that test version #4 works as it is based on beta 87.

Now if you could also run test version #3. I expect it to fail. Upload SSELODGen and bugreport please to conclude the troubleshooting.

here r results for test version #3
it did fail and rather quickly compared to the others

bugreport.txt SSELODGen_log.txt

2 hours ago, Mephitic said:

Beta 88 crash. Fortunately I have 86 still archived. No problems with that version - all else identical.

bugreport.txt 128.5 kB · 2 downloads LODGen_log.txt 51.37 kB · 1 download

No SSELODGen_log.txt was created. I assume that is because the window closed itself - I didn't get the chance.

Do not generate into any mod manager folders, especially not into active mod folders while the mod manager is running. Generate into a dedicated output folder outside of game and mod manager folders. The install as a mod.

If xEdit/xLODgen closes "itself" it writes the log file. If it is prematurely terminated by the OS then it can't do that.

No need to upload the LODGen log from the meshes generation if there does not relate to the problem.

Check if the error is repeatable.

Then check with this test version. If the error is not happening consistently try to generate several times if possible.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Do not generate into any mod manager folders, especially not into active mod folders while the mod manager is running. Generate into a dedicated output folder outside of game and mod manager folders. The install as a mod.

If xEdit/xLODgen closes "itself" it writes the log file. If it is prematurely terminated by the OS then it can't do that.

No need to upload the LODGen log from the meshes generation if there does not relate to the problem.

Check if the error is repeatable.

Then check with this test version. If the error is not happening consistently try to generate several times if possible.

Moving the output destination to a dedicated directory outside the mod manager's sphere of influence did not improve the situation, the program still crashed.
The OS must have closed it because a progress bar briefly appeared with a message to the effect of "Stand by a moment" then the window disappeared and no SSELODGen_log.txt was created. I tried the test version and that did complete successfully.

Thank you for your help and advice.

Edited by Mephitic

4 hours ago, Mephitic said:

Moving the output destination to a dedicated directory outside the mod manager's sphere of influence did not improve the situation, the program still crashed.
The OS must have closed it because a progress bar briefly appeared with a message to the effect of "Stand by a moment" then the window disappeared and no SSELODGen_log.txt was created. I tried the test version and that did complete successfully.

Thank you for your help and advice.

Thanks for testing. Uploaded as beta 89

How long should generating occlusion.esp take?   It's up over two and a half hours at this point (for a minimal load order, no new worlds, etc.)  I don't recall it ever taking this long before.  Thanks.

edit: it seems to have woken up.  When it finishes I will post the total overall time, if for other reason so that others can compare.

Edited by Zanderat

21 minutes ago, Zanderat said:

How long should generating occlusion.esp take?   It's up over two and a half hours at this point (for a minimal load order, no new worlds, etc.)  I don't recall it ever taking this long before.  Thanks.

edit: it seems to have woken up.  When it finishes I will post the total overall time, if for other reason so that others can compare.

Impossible to answer.

I started getting this error message with the new version 90, it wasn't like that in the previous version I used (85). Fallout New Vegas, via MO2. Latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, antivirus turned off.

[00:00] [NVDLC02ZionCanyon] Generating Object LOD
[00:01] [NVDLC02ZionCanyon] No options file found: C:\Games\FNVLODGen\Edit Scripts\FNVLODGen_HonestHearts_NVDLC02ZionCanyon_Options.txt
[00:01] [NVDLC02ZionCanyon] Saving LODGen data: C:\Games\FNVLODGen\Edit Scripts\LODGen.txt
[00:01] [NVDLC02ZionCanyon] Building LOD textures atlas: C:\Games\FNVLODGen\Output\textures\landscape\lod\NVDLC02ZionCanyon\Blocks\NVDLC02ZionCanyon.Buildings.dds with 70 textures
[00:01] [NVDLC02ZionCanyon] Objects LOD generation error: Error while loading images from memory 000000006C420050 (5570688 Bytes) (file format: dds). Exception Message: Integer overflow
[00:01] LOD generation complete

FNVLODGen_log.txt

1 hour ago, nognow said:

I started getting this error message with the new version 90, it wasn't like that in the previous version I used (85). Fallout New Vegas, via MO2. Latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, antivirus turned off.

[00:00] [NVDLC02ZionCanyon] Generating Object LOD
[00:01] [NVDLC02ZionCanyon] No options file found: C:\Games\FNVLODGen\Edit Scripts\FNVLODGen_HonestHearts_NVDLC02ZionCanyon_Options.txt
[00:01] [NVDLC02ZionCanyon] Saving LODGen data: C:\Games\FNVLODGen\Edit Scripts\LODGen.txt
[00:01] [NVDLC02ZionCanyon] Building LOD textures atlas: C:\Games\FNVLODGen\Output\textures\landscape\lod\NVDLC02ZionCanyon\Blocks\NVDLC02ZionCanyon.Buildings.dds with 70 textures
[00:01] [NVDLC02ZionCanyon] Objects LOD generation error: Error while loading images from memory 000000006C420050 (5570688 Bytes) (file format: dds). Exception Message: Integer overflow
[00:01] LOD generation complete

FNVLODGen_log.txt 1.75 MB · 0 downloads

Check if there is a bugreport.txt. Upload it if it exists.