xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 109 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

Hi Sheson,

I have an odd issue which started today. I ran xlodgen 86 which suddenly started throwing out errors in the screen log. This started when it was generating dlc1hunterhqworld and intermittently for all the following worlds.

Example:

Spoiler

FAILED (80070003: Het systeem kan het opgegeven pad niet vinden.) [translation: the system can't find the provided path]
[14:21] Error: Executing Texconv failure 80070003: "C:\Games\Skyrim SE AE\Tools\xLODGen 87\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -aw 256 -sepalpha  -f BC7_UNORM -bc x -o "c:\games\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\dlc2apocryphaworld" -flist "C:\Users\Wim\AppData\Local\Temp\SSEEdit\Texconv_DLC2ApocryphaWorld_22_0.txt"

So I checked here and saw there was an update to version 87. Installed that, changed the MO2 path to correctly find xlodgen64.exe and retried. But again it is throwing out these errors. When I check the logs, there is no mention of it. These errors only show up in the screen log as the lodgen is being generated... I had xlodgen terrain extended and xlodgen for Cathedral landscapes activated while generating. To be sure, I redownloaded those files and generated again, but the errors keep occurring. Needless to say, I have no idea what is causing this.

Attached are the logs. I copied the screen log from dlc1hunterhqworld onwards, since before that there were no errors.

Generating screen log.txt LODGen_log.txt

EDIT: Yeah, so I am a moron. Always fun when you post something and then get an idea that sorts it out. Turns out I had my bashed patch activated as well. Turning that off made the problem disappear *sigh and eyeroll*

Sorry.

Edited by ButchDiavolo
Cos I am a moron...

8 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Hi Sheson,

I have an odd issue which started today. I ran xlodgen 86 which suddenly started throwing out errors in the screen log. This started when it was generating dlc1hunterhqworld and intermittently for all the following worlds.

Example:

Hide contents

FAILED (80070003: Het systeem kan het opgegeven pad niet vinden.) [translation: the system can't find the provided path]
[14:21] Error: Executing Texconv failure 80070003: "C:\Games\Skyrim SE AE\Tools\xLODGen 87\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -aw 256 -sepalpha  -f BC7_UNORM -bc x -o "c:\games\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\dlc2apocryphaworld" -flist "C:\Users\Wim\AppData\Local\Temp\SSEEdit\Texconv_DLC2ApocryphaWorld_22_0.txt"

So I checked here and saw there was an update to version 87. Installed that, changed the MO2 path to correctly find xlodgen64.exe and retried. But again it is throwing out these errors. When I check the logs, there is no mention of it. These errors only show up in the screen log as the lodgen is being generated... I had xlodgen terrain extended and xlodgen for Cathedral landscapes activated while generating. To be sure, I redownloaded those files and generated again, but the errors keep occurring. Needless to say, I have no idea what is causing this.

Attached are the logs. I copied the screen log from dlc1hunterhqworld onwards, since before that there were no errors.

Generating screen log.txt 1.7 MB · 0 downloads LODGen_log.txt 348.88 kB · 0 downloads

EDIT: Yeah, so I am a moron. Always fun when you post something and then get an idea that sorts it out. Turns out I had my bashed patch activated as well. Turning that off made the problem disappear *sigh and eyeroll*

Sorry.

The English version of the error message from the OS is "The system cannot find the path specified". If you search for it you will find that, the OS, Antivirus or some other third party program is preventing write access. 

If disabling a plugin actually has an effect on antivirus it must mean the generated texture is different - e.g. the content of the file is actually different and that is what triggers the anti virus.

As the first post explains, use the -o command line parameter to generate into a dedicated output folder that is not inside game or mod manager folders.

44 minutes ago, hanzabu said:

Upload bugreport.txt and  answer the question if the error happens at the same part of the process, e.g. check the if the error message "Error saving textures" is for the same LOD level and coordinates / same filename.

If it is make sure the output folder is empty, best delete it so it is create anew and that OS anti virus do not interfere with writing files.

17 minutes ago, sheson said:

Upload bugreport.txt and  answer the question if the error happens at the same part of the process, e.g. check the if the error message "Error saving textures" is for the same LOD level and coordinates / same filename.

If it is make sure the output folder is empty and that OS anti virus do not interfere with writing.

No i doesn't crash at the same part or at the same filename & my AV is disabled.
Also never had this problem with the older versions.

bugreport.txt LODGen_log.txt log.txt

30 minutes ago, hanzabu said:

No i doesn't crash at the same part or at the same filename & my AV is disabled.
Also never had this problem with the older versions.

bugreport.txt 62.01 kB · 0 downloads LODGen_log.txt 87.18 kB · 0 downloads log.txt 1.15 MB · 1 download

There is no need to upload the discreet log from the LODGen.exe meshes generation.

Do not install the game into special Windows folder like Program Files x86 to avoid problems with UAC and antivir.
Do not generate into mod manager folders. Especially while the mod manager is running.
Remove the dedicated output folder to make sure it is really empty and there are no hidden blocked files or folder accessed by other processes.

See what happens when using this test version. Upload bugreport and SSLODGen_log.txt

1 hour ago, sheson said:

There is no need to upload the discreet log from the LODGen.exe meshes generation.

Do not install the game into special Windows folder like Program Files x86 to avoid problems with UAC and antivir.
Do not generate into mod manager folders. Especially while the mod manager is running.
Remove the dedicated output folder to make sure it is really empty and there are no hidden blocked files or folder accessed by other processes.

See what happens when using this test version. Upload bugreport and SSLODGen_log.txt

i really did all of the above but still have the same problem, can u please make available version 86, i made the mistake of deleting it.

12 minutes ago, hanzabu said:

i really did all of the above but still have the same problem, can u please make available version 86, i made the mistake of deleting it.

The test version from the last post is beta 86. As expected it makes no difference. The terrain LOD generation code did not change between beta 86 and beta 87.

Upload the bugreport and SSELODGen log. Troubleshooting is about finding the cause of the problem and fix it. Not ignoring problems.

Then test with this test version and upload bugreport and SSELODGen log of that as well.

13 minutes ago, sheson said:

The test version from the last post is beta 86. As expected it makes no difference. The terrain LOD generation code did not change between beta 86 and beta 87.

Upload the bugreport and SSELODGen log. Troubleshooting is about finding the cause of the problem and fix it. Not ignoring problems.

Then test with this test version and upload bugreport and SSELODGen log of that as well.

sorry i thought u were posting the same test binary,
i confirm when using 86 it's working perfectly without ctd.

LODGen_log.txt

7 minutes ago, hanzabu said:

sorry i thought u were posting the same test binary,
i confirm when using 86 it's working perfectly without ctd.

LODGen_log.txt 352.95 kB · 0 downloads

Again, there is no point in uploading the log from LODGen generating terrain LOD meshes.

Upload the SSELODGen log.

Then run this test version and upload its SSELODGen log and bugreport - if it exists.

7 minutes ago, sheson said:

Again, there is no point in uploading the log from LODGen generating terrain LOD meshes.

Upload the SSELODGen log.

Then run this test version and upload its SSELODGen log and bugreport - if it exists.

sry i dont know which log file you r refering too, the only files generated r those i posted, do u want me to copy the output in xlodgen window ?