xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 109 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

8 hours ago, sheson said:

So, while removing new files seems easy, you may need to reinstall any mod from its download archive that has loose LOD files because they were replaced.

Thanks, just asked in case where is something im not expect.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sheson,

I've got a problem I never encountered before when using xLodgen to generate terrain LOD. I use TechAngel's settings as usual.

Somehow when generating LOD it skips a lot of "chunks" of worldspace. For example tamriel.4.0.8 is missing (most of them actually) and only when I choose "specific chunk"  and set it to level 4 it generates this chunk. I can also verify that a lot of LOD is not generated ingame. I attached my log, if this helps.

I also have a problem when generating Occlusion data with any mode except for "ALL". I get something like 

[00:07] [Tamriel] no suitable CELLs found for mode -TVDT +Border

I have a feeling these might be related and come from a problem in my setup?

Appreciate any help as always!

SSELODGen_log.txt

Edited by gigan2

57 minutes ago, gigan2 said:

Hey Sheson,

I've got a problem I never encountered before when using xLodgen to generate terrain LOD. I use TechAngel's settings as usual.

Somehow when generating LOD it skips a lot of "chunks" of worldspace. For example tamriel.4.0.8 is missing (most of them actually) and only when I choose "specific chunk"  and set it to level 4 it generates this chunk. I can also verify that a lot of LOD is not generated ingame. I attached my log, if this helps.

I also have a problem when generating Occlusion data with any mode except for "ALL". I get something like 

[00:07] [Tamriel] no suitable CELLs found for mode -TVDT +Border

I have a feeling these might be related and come from a problem in my setup?

Appreciate any help as always!

SSELODGen_log.txt 1.24 MB · 4 downloads

I can really only address the issue about Occlusion, since only that is what is shown in the log.

From Skyrim-Occlusion-Readme.txt:

Mode - helps to limit the amount of CELL records that need to be processed. This either applies for all available CELL records for a worldspace (LODGen mode) or just for the CELL records that already exist in the highlighted plugin(s) (Edit mode) - regardless if the records are added or overwritten. CELL records without terrain height data are always skipped. -Flat means to skip cells with terrain height data that is perfectly flat - it typically means the cell is way outside the playable area. +Border means to only process cells if they are linked to a region that has the Border Region flag set - since the player is normally restricted to cells inside the border region. Do not use +Border for plugins which require to disable borders in the Skyrim.INI. Do not use if no suitable cells are found in case the worldspace has no border region defined. +TVDT will update cells that already have TVDT data and -TVDT will update cells that do not already have TVDT data. +Border is ignored for child worldspaces that use the selected worldspace for LOD.

Since the vanilla Tamriel already contains TVDT data for every cell, that settings means they are no CELLs that need to be updated.

Use DynDOLOD 3 Alpha to generate Occlusion.esp. It will automatically use the appropriate mode for Tamriel.

37 minutes ago, gigan2 said:

Thanks for the answer! I attached the log coming from terrain lod generation, that was my mistake.

SSELODGen_log_1.zip 324.12 kB · 0 downloads

From the first post:
Use -o:"c:\OutputPath\" command line parameter to change where files are generated to, default is the game folder. Do not generate into any game or any mod manager folders.

LODgen overwrites the 

From Terrain-LOD-Readme.txt:
Use -o:"c:\OutputPath\" command line parameter to change where files are generated to, default is the game folder. Use this if a mod manager with a virtual file system (like MO) is used. Do not generate into any game or any mod manager folders that are part (direct or indirect) of the virtual file system.

If terrain LOD textures already exist in the output folder, their generation will be skipped. This can be used to continue generating terrain LOD textures for large worldspaces in case there was a problem like not enough space left on a drive. Simply restart with the same options. Otherwise move or selectively delete old terrain LOD textures before generating new ones.
Take note of the skipping messages. If the diffuse or normal texture for a higher LOD level already exists, then all lower LOD levels that are covered by the higher LOD level are skipped as well. So in order to re-generate a LOD level 4 texture, it is not enough to just delete the LOD level 4 files for the diffuse and normal texture, the higher LOD level diffuse and normal textures files need to be deleted as well.
Generating Meshes always overwrites old files.

From the log:
<Notice: Skipping chunk 32 [-64,-64] because file already exists: c:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.32.-64.-64.dds>

16 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

It looks like you need to generate proper terrain LOD with xLODGen if you are referring to the ground textures being too dark.

9 hours ago, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Seasons
In addition to DynDOLOD generating object, tree and dynamic LOD for seasons, also use xLODGen terrain LOD beta to generate terrain LOD meshes and textures for the different seasons.

Even after running xLODGe the results are still the same

FVrBRdhH_o.jpg

X73BJlrd_o.jpg

NpNyVQWD_o.jpg

QBoBETcM_o.jpg

u22GaKUH_o.jpg

P8eoPUUF_o.jpg

Here is a link to the xLODGen Logs: https://ufile.io/f/6z4oq

34 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Even after running xLODGe the results are still the same

Here is a link to the xLODGen Logs: https://ufile.io/f/6z4oq

I moved the post to the xLODGen terrain LOD beta thread.

You need to generate terrain LOD for the different seasons, obviously. See Seasons-Readme.txt in the download archive. Alternatively disable switching of terrain LOD for seasons.

10 hours ago, DarthVitrial said:

I got a crash while generating terrain lod, beta 93. ("Invalid pointer operation.")
Log and bugreport attached.

SSELODGen_log.txt 1.35 MB · 0 downloads bugreport.txt 402.94 kB · 0 downloads LODGen_log.txt 432.8 kB · 0 downloads

The SSELODGen_log.txt upload seems incomplete or is that really all that is in the log file?

11 hours ago, sheson said:

Do you have a (somewhat) repeatable test case?

I'll try running xlodgen again and see if it happens at the same point.

...last time I did it my PC fan started making very concerning sounds though, I've never had my CPU temps spike that high before.

OK it crashed again, different worldspace this time.

[31:00] Error creating textures for cell [-2,-9] Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\xEdit\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 17354)
[31:07] Error creating textures for level 4 quad [-4,-12] Error creating textures for cell [-2,-9] Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\xEdit\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 17354)

This was a weird one. It gave about 40 errors in a row (with each bugreport overwriting the prior one). the first 39 were identical - ": Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\xEdit\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 17354)." link to one of the bugreports, they were all mostly identical: https://pastebin.com/pPaT6aqn

The 40th and final error was "Access violation at address 00007FFEF930416A in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of address 0000000000000024.", which might be an unrelated error just caused by xlodgen crashing as a result of the assertion failure above?

Bugreport for the ntdll one and the LODGen_Log attached. SSELODGen log was too big, mega link: https://mega.nz/file/050nEBqQ#ixvN3tGvjJw37SXXYJXU7Gidw9k0V-UrUze7EAVwj_0

bugreport.txt LODGen_log.txt

11 hours ago, DarthVitrial said:

OK it crashed again, different worldspace this time.

[31:00] Error creating textures for cell [-2,-9] Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\xEdit\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 17354)
[31:07] Error creating textures for level 4 quad [-4,-12] Error creating textures for cell [-2,-9] Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\xEdit\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 17354)

This was a weird one. It gave about 40 errors in a row (with each bugreport overwriting the prior one). the first 39 were identical - ": Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\xEdit\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 17354)." link to one of the bugreports, they were all mostly identical: https://pastebin.com/pPaT6aqn

The 40th and final error was "Access violation at address 00007FFEF930416A in module 'ntdll.dll'. Write of address 0000000000000024.", which might be an unrelated error just caused by xlodgen crashing as a result of the assertion failure above?

Bugreport for the ntdll one and the LODGen_Log attached. SSELODGen log was too big, mega link: https://mega.nz/file/050nEBqQ#ixvN3tGvjJw37SXXYJXU7Gidw9k0V-UrUze7EAVwj_0

bugreport.txt 73.57 kB · 0 downloads LODGen_log.txt 2.37 MB · 0 downloads

See if there is anything different with this version https://mega.nz/file/tAoGjDJK#zdpwaZ2QP-rFhXuxyRQoUxz6NZMg9_UCuxByA205n9g

9 hours ago, sheson said:

See if there is anything different with this version https://mega.nz/file/tAoGjDJK#zdpwaZ2QP-rFhXuxyRQoUxz6NZMg9_UCuxByA205n9g

Same error, different cell.

[05:48] Error creating textures for cell [18,19] Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\xEdit\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 17354)
[05:55] Error creating textures for level 4 quad [16,16] Error creating textures for cell [18,19] Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\Projects\xEdit\Core\wbImplementation.pas, line 17354)

Logs attached. The ntdll bugreport overwrote the assertion failure one before I could grab a copy this time, sorry

bugreport.txt logs.7z