sheson

xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 93 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

1 hour ago, MAYBEARD said:

Yup yup. It's on WastelandNV and the co-ords are X- 53893.09  Y- 76238.75

The one I'm using isn't but it happens with all scoped weapons/binoculars.

This is with beta 93?

Any mods that change zoom? Default INI settings? FOV?

I have no such problems with the binoculars.

Edit: Wait, isn't that the vanilla bug where LOD water is disabled if you keep looking slightly upwards? Happens with vanilla LOD also, it just looks a bit different due to the skirts (the side walls that terrain LOD meshes have)

55 minutes ago, sheson said:

This is with beta 93?

Any mods that change zoom? Default INI settings? FOV?

I have no such problems with the binoculars.

Edit: Wait, isn't that the vanilla bug where LOD water is disabled if you keep looking slightly upwards? Happens with vanilla LOD also, it just looks a bit different due to the skirts (the side walls that terrain LOD meshes have)

Ahhh yes what you described is correct, looking slightly up. I just didn't realise it happens with vanilla too cause it looked different. I guess there's no way to minimise this? Good thing there isn't much bodies of water around. :D

23 minutes ago, MAYBEARD said:

Ahhh yes what you described is correct, looking slightly up. I just didn't realise it happens with vanilla too cause it looked different. I guess there's no way to minimise this? Good thing there isn't much bodies of water around. :D

This came up before but I do not remember if there was a mod/DLL/shader thing  that can fix that. 

29 minutes ago, sheson said:

This came up before but I do not remember if there was a mod/DLL/shader thing  that can fix that. 

Thank you! I'll keep an eye out for it and will update about it here if I ever find it.

Okay I might have found a way to minimise it by a ton by using FNV Reloaded v1.3. Disabled all settings except the Water shaders and it doesn't happen most of the time except for certain angles. I'm not sure if it's recommended to use it but the game seemed to run just fine for now. Water looks a heck of a lot better too.

I don't suppose that it would be possible to change xLodGen to write output by default into <installation path>\xLodGen Output, similar to what DynDOLOD currently does?

I was surprised to find that, by default, it writes into the game path; I had expected similar behaviour to the other tools that are under active development.

Happily since I use MO2, fixing things shouldn't be terribly difficult, now that I've read the relevant section of the fine manual, and output isn't being written into the game directory.

10 hours ago, mrudat said:

I don't suppose that it would be possible to change xLodGen to write output by default into <installation path>\xLodGen Output, similar to what DynDOLOD currently does?

I was surprised to find that, by default, it writes into the game path; I had expected similar behaviour to the other tools that are under active development.

Happily since I use MO2, fixing things shouldn't be terribly difficult, now that I've read the relevant section of the fine manual, and output isn't being written into the game directory.

xLODGen is a tool mode of xEdit to replace CK LOD generation. CK/xEdit loading/saving/creating files to the data folder is the standard and explained and known for decades.
https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/13451-xlodgen-terrain-lod-beta-93-for-fnv-fo3-fo4-fo4vr-tes5-sse-tes5vr-enderal-enderalse/?do=findComment&comment=245835