xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 109 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

6 minutes ago, z929669 said:

There should be a config text file for Wabbajack somewhere (probably a MO-Nexus .meta file). I would reach out to Wabbajack people to determine the workaround if you can't figure it out.

Developers don't share past versions purposefully.

I already asked lots of times. Their only answer is to wait or to do some hackerman action and try to decipher machine code of the .wabbajack file. I really really hope dev can send me 82 so I just play skyrim (best game of all time).  I still cant understand why there is no option to download older versions of something. People in wabbajack discord have specific rule about sharing files and protection of the developers. I really cant get my mind around that my biggest problem that I cant just get older version of file from anywhere. Really would be grateful if they did, but if they dont its okay. Have a good day.

8 minutes ago, sheson said:

Do not use or request outdated versions. Use the latest version linked from first post with the latest bug fixes. Beta 83 has been out for over a month.

Do not use badly made programs, modpacks or guides that force or even allow users to use outdated versions of mods or tools.

The problem is with the modpack or with 3rd party tools that can not correctly deal with updates.

No playing Skyrim for me I guess. Sorry for bothering. Quite sad tbh.

7 minutes ago, Jasper said:

really cant get my mind around that my biggest problem that I cant just get older version of file from anywhere.

Older versions are removed because they contain bugs that are fixed by newer versions.

This is a problem of an outdated modpack and/or badly made modpack software.

Made it to step 5, xLODGen, Generation, Terrain LOD Generation. After running xLODGen from MO2 executable drop-down list, I do not have any options to "select all worldspaces" or to tick anything like it is shown in the examples. All I see is this: Capture.thumb.PNG.de0394bd10be06dc5769cce2e41b4d7f.PNG

Having trouble figuring out where I went wrong. Any idea as to why I'm not seeing the full program?

9 hours ago, moyer137 said:

Made it to step 5, xLODGen, Generation, Terrain LOD Generation. After running xLODGen from MO2 executable drop-down list, I do not have any options to "select all worldspaces" or to tick anything like it is shown in the examples. All I see is this: 

Having trouble figuring out where I went wrong. Any idea as to why I'm not seeing the full program?

Do not post screenshots of text. Copy and paste the entire message log instead. The message log is appended to the log file when closing the program. Truncate the logfile to the last meaningful process from start to finish before pasting/uploading.

It is unclear what step 5 of what guide you are referring to.

Double check the command line arguments are correct and valid. Especially check -o points to a valid driver letter like -o:"C:\..."

Thank you so much!!! I apologize for being illiterate and probably annoying. After trying to parse through your response for 20 minutes it finally clicked that I needed to change the driver letter to C. You guys are saints for putting up with dopes like me.

• 4 weeks later...

A question if you please, I have gotten into the habit of recreating DynDolod everytime I install changes to worldspace like towns and settlements. But now that I've recently been playing around with xLodgen as well, I'm wondering whether re-running xLodgen is also necessary if I install those towns or settlements mod. By necessary, I mean does it actually matter if I do it or not?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, AlbertH69 said:

A question if you please, I have gotten into the habit of recreating DynDolod everytime I install changes to worldspace like towns and settlements. But now that I've recently been playing around with xLodgen as well, I'm wondering whether re-running xLodgen is also necessary if I install those towns or settlements mod. By necessary, I mean does it actually matter if I do it or not?

Thanks.

Generate terrain LOD if you notice visual discrepancies.

Update Occlusion for any worldspace a new or removed plugin modifies. Or in case of adding a new plugin you could just check if there are new conflicts on worldspace and cell records with xEdit and forward them as desired.

I have a problem with the LE 8.5 version of my mod « Star Wars Worlds in Skyrim » (Very curious because the port to SE works satisfactorily! See the ENDOR videos made with SSE): bad display distance in ENDOR only (despite the fact i work on the Lods with the same software « xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 84 »); ... I need your help : If an expert in LODS (which I am not!) Could download my mod (it's heavy!), Test it and maybe find a solution, that would be great!   ... Thanks in advance!

« Star Wars Worlds in Skyrim » (LE)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/108345

47 minutes ago, gg77 said:

I have a problem with the LE 8.5 version of my mod « Star Wars Worlds in Skyrim » (Very curious because the port to SE works satisfactorily! See the ENDOR videos made with SSE): bad display distance in ENDOR only (despite the fact i work on the Lods with the same software « xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 84 »); ... I need your help : If an expert in LODS (which I am not!) Could download my mod (it's heavy!), Test it and maybe find a solution, that would be great!   ... Thanks in advance!

« Star Wars Worlds in Skyrim » (LE)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/108345

If I generate terrain, object, tree LOD for both Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition and compare the problems will be obvious or is there anything specific I need to look for?

"the problems will be obvious": On LE the display distance is extremely small ... on SE "acceptable" (but not exceptional) display distance

ENDOR_LE

ENDOR_SE

LE

Star Wars Worlds in Skyrim at Skyrim Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

SE

Star Wars Worlds in Skyrim SE at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

For the "Tataooine desert" with your program, I get the same rather satisfactory result !

Edited by gg77

2 hours ago, gg77 said:

"the problems will be obvious": On LE the display distance is extremely small ... on SE "acceptable" (but not exceptional) display distance

ENDOR_LE

ENDOR_SE

LE

Star Wars Worlds in Skyrim at Skyrim Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

SE

Star Wars Worlds in Skyrim SE at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

For the "Tataooine desert" with your program, I get the same rather satisfactory result !

This is all about the *.lod files in  the lodsettings folder. 

The game will use the *.lod file it finds in the BSA over a loose file. It is the one case where a loose file does not win - in the game.

However, xEdit/xLODGen still uses the loose file always wins method.

So, if the BSA contains one version and the loose files another, xLODGen will generate LOD files based on the loose file *.lod file but the game tries to  load LOD based on the *.lod file in the BSA. If they do not match with  south east coordinates etc. it can not properly determine the LOD file names and thus no LOD is shown.

Just in case, I suggest to use https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10896 to create them and to use a south/east corner at -32,-32 or -64-,64.

Then make sure only one file version exists in the entire load order when generating LOD and that this *.lod file is the one you pack into the BSA when shipping the mod.

I finally get the same result for LE and for SE ! As "LodFileGenerator" doesn't work, I generated a new "lod settings" (without changing my previous settings though) with the CK; then generated lods with your program, made up a .bsa with all these files (by deleting after the loose files in Data), TO KEEP ONLY ONE COPY IN THE .BSA, with settings in the .esp corresponding to the lods thus constituted. Thank you again for all your advice!

1 hour ago, gg77 said:

I finally get the same result for LE and for SE ! As "LodFileGenerator" doesn't work, I generated a new "lod settings" (without changing my previous settings though) with the CK; then generated lods with your program, made up a .bsa with all these files (by deleting after the loose files in Data), TO KEEP ONLY ONE COPY IN THE .BSA, with settings in the .esp corresponding to the lods thus constituted. Thank you again for all your advice!

Great!

The LodFileGenerator tool  creates *.lod files with the values you enter. You have to makes sure those values make sense, though.