Windowed Borderless Mode FTW! 60fps and zero screen tear!

Thanks for your assistance Dubya!

Is windowed borderless mode problematic at all for running heavily modded Skyrim though or can I crack on now?

I've been using borderless window mode for the past several years without any noticable issues. I prefer it in my case because it allows me to easily Alt+Tab back to the desktop.

Whenever I choose any of the BethINI presets and/or recommended tweaks it seems that my gamepad gets disabled. Everything else recognises it. But even if I go in and manually alter bGamepadEnable=1 and whether I tick/untick it within the games UI my gamepad inputs simply don't function. When I revert to any vanilla presets however functionality is restored.

I can't find any other ini line other than bGamepadEnable that BethINI might be changing that could be causing this? Any ideas?

Another slightly less annoying issue is that when I'm remoting to my PC via Parsec, if any BethINI tweaks have been added when I tab out or quit the game my mouse cursor is invisible. The only way to get it back is to disconnect via parsec and reconnect again. Again this doesn't happen if reverting to vanilla.

Hmmm. That shouldn't happen. Could you please pastebin a copy of the INI files that cause these issues? Also, the gamepad can be toggled in the in-game settings. Check and see if it is enabled or not when it isn't working.

Thanks for making BethINI! It's made managing my INI files and customising my game so much easier. Any chance of adding a section on the Interface tab for Controller Settings next to the Mouse Settings?

fGamepadHeadingXScale

fGamepadHeadingYScale

fGamepadHeadingSentivity

There are other controller settings as well, but that would be a good start. I haven't tried adjusting other controller settings, but I've seen other people recommend adjustments to them. Having those 3 that I listed might encourage feedback from other people though. 

EDIT:

Here's some recommendations I've seen:

fGamepadLookAccelPitchMult
fGamepadLookAccelYawMult
fGamepadLookAccelSec
fRThumbDeadzone
fRThumbDeadzoneMax
bGamepadLookApplySnapToAxis
Edited by novastark

I see there are a bunch. I'll put it on the list. I want to get major version 4.0 finished before I start adding new features. Making good progress, but probably a while to go yet. Sneak peek:

Screenshot-2021-02-02-202034.png

• Upvote 1

I see there are a bunch. I'll put it on the list. I want to get major version 4.0 finished before I start adding new features. Making good progress, but probably a while to go yet. Sneak peek:

Screenshot-2021-02-02-202034.png

Awesome thanks! Also cool to see the new version!

Not sure where to ask this next question though. I saw in Bethini, the tooltip for Shadows>Exterior Draw Distance says Performance=Negligible. However, I tried setting this to 200,000 for testing purposes and found that exterior shadows become blurry, lowres, and flicker with that setting set that high. I'll have to do more testing to find the maximum value before shadows because garbage. However, maybe this is something wrong on my setup, so if anyone has any insight, do let me know.

A good high value is 10000 iirc. You have to increase the shadow resolution when you increase the shadow distance for it to look good, as the resolution gets stretched the farther the distance.