Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

You could just use Windows Explorer (or File Explorer) to add the esm to an archive and then install the archive normally, or you can create a new empty mod with the appropriate name in Mod Organizer, right click the empty mod, select Open in Explorer (or a similarly named option) and copy the esm into the mod folder.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I appear to have an issue with SKYUI (I think?) on a new install.

When I open the items menu in game, the bar with all the categories is not visible. I can see and scroll the items, but the entire top of the menu appears to be missing. I thought it might have something to do with having a resolution of 3440 x 1440, and I tried messing with some of the offset options but didn't have any luck.

Appreciate your help!

SingleMalt

Hi, I appear to have an issue with SKYUI (I think?) on a new install.

When I open the items menu in game, the bar with all the categories is not visible. I can see and scroll the items, but the entire top of the menu appears to be missing. I thought it might have something to do with having a resolution of 3440 x 1440, and I tried messing with some of the offset options but didn't have any luck.

Appreciate your help!

SingleMalt

Ignore this comment, for all other widescreen users, there is a mod specifically for skyui on widescreen. Its located here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1778?tab=files

Hello, I've just finished the install guide up to the first testing point and I am crashing at Main Menu. I followed the tips in the section and am still getting a crash. I can enable plugins sequentially up to ESF Companions and have it launch, but when I enable ESF C it crashed again. I tried redownloading and reinstalling that mod, extracting the bsa, and converting it from scratch, but no luck there. Any idea what else could be causing the CTD?

It crashed any time I enabled a plugin that needed BSA Distracted. I didn't realized you had to delete the original BSA file.

Edited by Newguys

So I got everything working, but I have a couple broken textures, is as simple as reinstalling the mods they are from and rebuilding merges? For example, I have some purple tree trunks. Can I just reinstall the trees and flora section and merge to fix it? Also, will adding QuickLoot to this pack break anything?

Edited by Newguys

So I got everything working, but I have a couple broken textures, is as simple as reinstalling the mods they are from and rebuilding merges? For example, I have some purple tree trunks. Can I just reinstall the trees and flora section and merge to fix it? Also, will adding QuickLoot to this pack break anything?

you need to come to discord and grab Lexys LOTD Static Hybrid Models and Billboards v1.04 RC2

Hi everyone,

Having issues understanding an instruction as part of the heads up display merge. I merged the files (with general assets checked when I did), but am not quite sure what this means or what I should do with it:

"As this merge uses Copy General Assets it would of copied all the original plugins used in the merge you need to delete these extra plugins. The only plugin you should have is Heads Up Display Merged.esp"

Thanks for your help!

Hey all,

I'm just getting back into Skyrim since like 3-4 years back, first time on SE, I started downloaded a bunch of mods, found a crap ton of dependencies that made my head spin.  Back when I played Skyrim LE, I never found.. really looked for, a guide to keep me from having a very unstable frequent CTD and usually rage quit experience.  So, thank you.  I'm looking forward to playing SE for the first time and having a good guide to keep a moded setup stable. 

I am looking for advice on how I can contribute to the community, specifically is there a recommended way to give feedback or recommend mods.  I don't want to spam you all with a bunch of personal "I want" requests, but if I found something that would improve the current guide, for example I found what might be a better replacement for "SkyUI SE - Flashing Savegames Fix"  --> "Remove QuickSave Button from SkyUI System Menu" by uranreactor, it says it fixes the flash save game issues and removes quick save, but also allows for reordering the menu putting Mod Configuration on top and renamed to MCM which I think is cleaner.  Sorry if this recommendation was already brought up.

I also found https://trello.com/b/V4o4FPSl/lexys-legacy-of-the-dragonborn-special-edition-suggested-mods which great to see what is currently being worked on, but I'm assuming it's locked down from just anyone posting requests on there? or is this another avenue to support you all with any research I found that could potentially help the guide?

Thanks for the great community and effort putting this all together. 

Hi everyone - I'm 52, and recently started a new playthrough with Skyrim and loved the Lexy guide so decided to go with it. I played the original Morrowind and Oblivion and loved all the games. Modded both Skyrim and Fallout using templates in the past but never worked 100% due to inconsistencies in the guides that made the final product sketchy. What I loved about the Lexy guide was that every little step was explained so I knew that I was proceeding as I should. When I got to the end, my game started up great and I started the "Relic Hunter" alternate start with me being the Guildmaster of Legacy. I went in to the Akivari temple and defeated a ghost - when I accessed his inventory there was a "Silver Spear of The Soil"  that had a weird effect of when the enemy is staggered, a stone spike hit him or something like that and when I picked it up there was a message that said "you've found a fate card"?? I have the fate card retexture mod installed but can't find what mod the spear came from - anyone know of this error or know how to find out what the problem is or what mod this spear came from? I love the fate cards and don't want to lose the new card look. Somehow the spear is mixed up with fate cards?? I KNOW I followed every step precicesly in the guide so I'm not sure what I did wrong or if this is a problem that others have come across. I looked on the internet but there is no result for the spear. Again, love the look of the world and how all the mods integrate with each other, though this happened within the first few minutes of my playthrough so I'm not sure to continue or not. Any help would be much appreciated.

Point of clarification: at the beginning the merge page the instructions state to create a new profile "Blank for Merges"  then the instructions state "Switch to your newly created profile, right click on the list of mods, and select ALL --> DISABLE ALL MODS"  this is not an option for me, I can either ctrl+a to select all the mods in the left panel then right click and "DISABLE SELECTED" or I can right click on the right panel and choose "DISABLE ALL"

1) Does it matter if I am disabling all from the right or left panel?

2) I don't see anywhere "DISABLE ALL MODS"  (sorry for being literal, but this guide has been very specific or bad things can happen, using MO2 v2.2.2.1)

3) I'm assuming the left pannel is "MODS" as the column name is "Mod Name" and the right panel is "PLUGINS" as indicated by the tab above the sort button "Plugins."

The confusion mostly comes from the left panel requires a ctrl+a to select all, and I'm not sure if #1, weather it matters to unselect all from the left or right panel matters.

Not sure if you would ever consider this, but I think it would significantly reduce the time to follow the guide and manually install all the mods if there was an FMOD created to install all the mods.  The user could be instructed to download all the mods and places them in a specific folder structure and then the FMOD could run, instal the mods, I'm not sure how you could manage dependencies for conversion such as for extracting BSAs I think would be trivial, but CAO conversion or loading and converting to form 44 in CreationKit would be harder.  Another thing the FMOD option could enable customization of the installed preferences, such as not installing all the HD graphics, or removing the NSFW components. Options such as choose Vokrii or Ordinator, or Ars Metallica or CCOR could be full automated to handel all dependencies for different options.

point of feedback, I really appreciated the old change logs on S.T.E.P. and nexus where removal of a mods also stated the reason (Unstable, or just preference, or integration issues with a specific mod)  helped me understand why, such as removing Bruma.  I would encourage the same for the new mod guide page.

This is just some of my random thoughts, no expectations, and thank you for all your hard work and time on this, i personally really appreciate it.

Current Lexy's guide, in the LOOT ordering section, conflict resolution group it askes to add "Lexy's LOTD Consistency Patches Merged.esp" but I could not find any instructions on creating this file, it looks like the merged mod was created in a past guide on S.T.E.P. with the same merges as th current instructions provide for the merged mod "LOTD Patches Merged.esp" which current instructions place it in the "Merged" mod group, then following the "Lexy's LOTD Consistency Patches Merged.esp" mergerd mod is asked to be placed in the "Conflict Resolution" group.  Any insight into what I'm missing or if this is a typo, thanks for any help.