Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I've been testing the particle patch and Subsurface Scattering Shaders for Skins with Vivid Weathers and Skyrim re-engaged ENB looks OK to me, however I did think that Sofia's face was a little bit dark.

I think I'll stick with Vivid definitive and re-engaded..I've seen many tint mismatches on NPCs except from vitruvia and bijin I think..there should be a guide for making the skin textures as seamless as possible and uncompressed tintmasks...also using .bsa for npc retexture mods could fix some conflicts..

I think I'll stick with Vivid definitive and re-engaded..I've seen many tint mismatches on NPCs except from vitruvia and bijin I think..there should be a guide for making the skin textures as seamless as possible and uncompressed tintmasks...also using .bsa for npc retexture mods could fix some conflicts..

can you still keep BSA's packed for the NPC Retextures since I will be providing a merged esp?

Hey DarkladyLexy,

I was so excitied to find this thread this morning! I ran through the pre-req's and I found one edit for you in the below section.

Installing Mod Organizer 2

• A 5th popup should appear asking if you want see the tutorial. Those who are new to Mod Organizer 2 should select Yes those who are very familiar with it should Select No.
  • On the "Instance" pop up be sure to select "Portable"

10694-0-1499007443.png

I chose "New" on that popup and because of it, ran into the problem linked below where the Merge Plugins settings won't detect MO 2's path and therefore won't let you save the settings; 

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/11848-having-issues-with-merge-plugins-standalone/?do=findComment&comment=195999

I'll run through the DynDoLOD section(s) next.

I'm SO excited about this project!!!!

-Xaxilis

Edited by Xaxilis

For the DynDOLOD Pre-Req Section, I'm getting confused on this part;

1. Once the above is done both TexGen64 and DynDOLODx64 can be added as excutables in Mod Organizer 2
  2. Add to the Arguments -sse

For #1, when I add these to MO2 am I pointing to the shortcuts I just edited or the actual .exe's?

For #2, I'm guessing if I'm adding the arguments in in MO2 then the answer to #1 is "no".  But, if that's the case, why did I make the shortcuts?  Aren't I only going to use these tools inside MO 2?

Apologies if I'm over analyzing here.

-Xaxilis

Hey DarkladyLexy,

I was so excitied to find this thread this morning! I ran through the pre-req's and I found one edit for you in the below section.

Installing Mod Organizer 2

• A 5th popup should appear asking if you want see the tutorial. Those who are new to Mod Organizer 2 should select Yes those who are very familiar with it should Select No.
  • On the "Instance" pop up be sure to select "Portable"

10694-0-1499007443.png

I chose "New" on that popup and because of it, ran into the problem linked below where the Merge Plugins settings won't detect MO 2's path and therefore won't let you save the settings; 

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/11848-having-issues-with-merge-plugins-standalone/?do=findComment&comment=195999

I'll run through the DynDoLOD section(s) next.

I'm SO excited about this project!!!!

-Xaxilis

When we were testing we had issue with the portable version of MO2 found it a bit buggy. So what we did was when we wanted to use Merge Plugin we would switch to the portable version do there merge then switch back.

For the DynDOLOD Pre-Req Section, I'm getting confused on this part;

1. Once the above is done both TexGen64 and DynDOLODx64 can be added as excutables in Mod Organizer 2
  2. Add to the Arguments -sse

For #1, when I add these to MO2 am I pointing to the shortcuts I just edited or the actual .exe's?

For #2, I'm guessing if I'm adding the arguments in in MO2 then the answer to #1 is "no".  But, if that's the case, why did I make the shortcuts?  Aren't I only going to use these tools inside MO 2?

Apologies if I'm over analyzing here.

-Xaxilis

Lexy got an Answer from TechAngel about that cos she was unsure as well.

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/12363-techs-skyrim-special-edition-guide/?p=213816

Uh oh.. "buggy".   What did you guys run into? Should I redo my setup again?

Lexy had issues with not being able to change the location of the downloads folder, cos we use a separate drive to house downloads. So we had to use a new instance instead and point the folder path were we wanted them since those 5 folders end up in stupid buried location on your C: Drive.

OK guys I have added the installation and setup of DynDOLOD to the Prerequisites page and the Resources installation to the main page please check it to make sure  it sense and I have not done anything silly.

My heartfelt thanks to you, Darth_Mathias, Paul666root, Nozzer66, and everyone else responsible for creating and posting this guide, and it's predecessor (SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn).

I'll be following the DynDOLOD instructions you posted to the Prerequisites page as I re-install Skyrim Special Edition and follow Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition .

i am assuming when we extract a bsa such as simple autoi unequip that we can then hide the esp/bsa file in the MO folder and just have the extracted scripts remain??

Edit, nvm, found this was the case 2 mods down the list sorry lol

Edited by Hodegar

I working my way through the Prerequisite's and think a "Special Installation:" statement {similar to the one in the [Champollion a PEX to Papyrus decompiler] section} needs to be added to the [bethesda Archive Extractor (BSA and BA2)] section.

you think so? It's a program and doesn't strictly need to be in the main directory unlike Champollion

i am assuming when we extract a bsa such as simple autoi unequip that we can then hide the esp/bsa file in the MO folder and just have the extracted scripts remain??

Edit, nvm, found this was the case 2 mods down the list sorry lol

actually for simple Auto unequip I kept the esp cos it was add to a merge. Since the esp isn't a dummy it is needed. But After you have extracted the BSA that can be removed