Fallout 4 configuration tool with MO2

VikingFPS

Question

Hey guys, Just wondering how to setup MO2 to run with the tweaks made in FO4CT. I'll try and explain my problem best as possible.
Starting FO4 through configuration tool alone (Fallout4configtool) works fine, but then i don't have the mods from MO2, trying to start FO4CT through MO2 crashes. Running F4SE through MO2 starts games with mods but no config edits. if anyone has any ideas on how to get this to work would be much appreciated
*FO4CT (Fallout 4 configuration tool)

4 answers to this question

From the authors mod page:

How do I run this?
This is a standalone executable, installing via NMM will help you with
update notifications, but you need to launch this program yourself
manually. You can do this by either downloading this file manually and
putting it on your computer (Desktop/documents/etc) or download it with
the Nexus Mod Manager and run it from the Fallout4\Data folder.

This should not be run from MO at all. You will have to point it to the location of the Ini file being used, either the "My Games" folder or the active profile at the moment MO is being used. This also is true for Bethini.

So if you do not have the "Local Game Settings" enabled in MO, the Config tool "INI location" in settings needs to point to the "My Games\Fallout4" folder. If it is checked, then point it to the current active profile.

Set up this way everything should be automatic.

Ok so i apparently i hadn't set the .ini files from the tweaked version to be activated in MO launch, Thank you for the help. Just ended up over thinking it and trying to force MO2 to start it through FO4CT launcher, it renamed the files to custom ini and mo2 only had the originals and not the tweaked versions. TY.

OK so im having the same problem...and I cant figure out how to change it to read the FO4CT settings ??

Im familiar with FO4Edit, Bodyslide and LOOT ....which all run fine from MO2. But from reading the comments above, I still do not understand how to get FO4CT to be read by MO2...BethINI does shave the MO2 path set correctly. The only option in BethINI is to change the INI Default path, which I haven't tried.

Can someone please literally spell this out in point form? I'm not a complete idiot but can't find how to get it to read the changes.

It does seem that BethINI settings are being activated when launching F4SE through MO2 though, as I've set  the opening logo to run but not the SPECIAL intros in BethINI and that is what happens....but

When I untick "Local Game Settings"  in Profiles, 2 things happen:

1 - the INI Editor info box has only 2 of the INI files there to be seen - "Fallout4prefs.ini and Fallout4Custom.ini" - and is missing the "Fallout4.ini"...so that's clearly wrong.

2 - the message about "Mods enabled, achievement's disabled" at the start screen is gone, which means MCM settings are being read from the start, as with it ticked the message is there.

Please some help to get this to work properly as I can't stand using NMM and I've used MO2 the whole time with FO4 and TESV

In each program there is a setting for the location path to the games ini files.

If the "Local Game Settings" for the profile is unchecked then in both programs the ini location should point to "C:\Users\User_Name\Documents\MyGames\Game_Name" to use the My games ini files. This is the preferred method to use as the ini files will always be active in game when switching profiles.

If the "Local Game Settings" is checked then they need point to "C:\mod organizer\Prifiles\Active profile" then the programs will only modify the active profile ini files. The down side of this is if you change the active profile the programs will need to be pointed to the new active profile.

Think of it this way, in the first example above this is a global setting and in the second example this is a local setting and requires user action upon each active profile change.

I hope this helps to clear up the confusion for you.