Rid thy Body of this Evil!

TechAngel85

Yeah' date=' I'm usually up til around 4am my time. When I posted that it was about 12:30am my time. I can tell you the forums die around 2:30am my time...been calling it "dead time". LOL!

I'm still down. I can only function when my fever is below 100 which has been about 50% of the time. When it's over that I'm a vegetable.

PS: that Polish remedy sounds like it would make me loose my lunch. I lactose intolerant anyway. Think it would work with Almond Milk?[/quote']

Should do.

I don't know how old you are ;), but there is another thing involving hot lager (sic!), kind of eggnog, cinnamon, sugar and some spices :D

Yes, I know, it sounds ridiculous - I tried to sell it to British people, it didn't work... It's quite normal all over Europe though.

I'm in my late 20s. The second one sounds a bit better. I thoroughly enjoy spiced rum and coke...so spiced rum would replace the lager.

In Texas we just eat a big meal' date=' drink 4-5 ounces of whiskey, and then go to bed. You'll wake up a sweaty mess, but it works pretty good.[/quote']

That's Oklahoma's philosophy too. Basically, you just have to wait out the storm. I woke up about 6am this morning completely drenched. Had to change my clothes and change the sheets before I could go back to bed.

You're right - if it were pure ethanol applied directly to the virus. Unfortunately it doesn't work the same way in the body when imbibed. Viruses aren't alive in themselves, they hijack your cells. You'd be dead from the booze long before the virus was affected, if at all.

Hot meal with lots of garlic will also do you good - garlic boosts your immune system.

I'm adding this in my agenda today.

Cooking the rum will cook out all the medicine' date=' I'm pretty sure that most viruses can't survive contact with ethyl[/quote']

Pretty sure I'm not going to get drunk just to fight off the flu. I hate the feeling of being drunk and haven't been in years. :D

On a good note, this morning was the first morning I woke up without a fever. Pretty sure my sheets need to be washed again though. It was another sweat drench night. (and NO for those of you with your minds in the gutter :><:>