Tourist

MO2 pulling mods from MO folder

Question

I've been using MO for Skyrim for years, and now i'm trying to use MO2 2.8.3 for SSE and it's reading files from my Skyrim data location even though it's set to read the SSE folder(s).  So even though MO2 has nothing installed yet, the Data tab has all this junk in it from my other install.  

How can i clean this up so it's not trying to read from folders it shouldn't (and doesn't) have access to?

2 answers to this question

Navigate to %AppData%\Local\ModOrganizer\SkyrimSE\ModOrganizer.ini and check to ensure the path to the game is correctly set.

There should be something like this:

[General]
selected_profile=Tester
ask_for_nexuspw=true
gameName=Skyrim Special Edition
gamePath=D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim Special Edition
first_start=false

If it isn't then you can either delete this INI and create a new instance with MO2 or simply edit it to point to the correct game.

Navigate to %AppData%\Local\ModOrganizer\SkyrimSE\ModOrganizer.ini and check to ensure the path to the game is correctly set.

There should be something like this:

[General]
selected_profile=Tester
ask_for_nexuspw=true
gameName=Skyrim Special Edition
gamePath=D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim Special Edition
first_start=false

If it isn't then you can either delete this INI and create a new instance with MO2 or simply edit it to point to the correct game.

You, sir/ma'am, are just awesome.  Thank you so much. :)