iFly123

FOMODS vs NexusClientCLI

Question

So I'm currently following Kelmych's and Micheal of GamerPoets' guide to mod FO3 to the to hell and back but when ever I try installing certain FOMODS it gives me a "NexusClientCLI" error message.

-Provided In Picture- The irritating part of this issue is that it only seams to be certain mods i.e. currently FWE. Mart's Mutant Mod works just fine.

I've had this problem somewhat recently in the past too with New Vegas and getting mods like Project Nevada to work, I was able to get a work around by installing it manually but this time around that's not gonna cut it. Someone PLEASE respond quickly, this issue is driving me insane!

Oh and I know it's saying "Is being used by another process" but it isn't.

post-12004-0-93068300-1509640997_thumb.png

Edited by iFly123

If you're following those guides I'm assuming you're using MO, but are you sure you're not using MO2? I see no reason why MO would be using that path.

I'm going to assume this is during a mod installation, perhaps when a fomod is called?

Could you also elaborate on how you manually installed any mods? Into a folder inside MO's structure or directly into the Data folder?

If you're following those guides I'm assuming you're using MO, but are you sure you're not using MO2? I see no reason why MO would be using that path.

I'm going to assume this is during a mod installation, perhaps when a fomod is called?

Could you also elaborate on how you manually installed any mods? Into a folder inside MO's structure or directly into the Data folder?

Yeah sorry I forgot to mention that. Yes I am using MO v1.3.11 and it is when the fomod is called.

This issue started around the time people started getting sevenzipsharp errors, however I'm able to get around that by disabling my Anti-Virus

Are you on the Windows 10 with the latest update, the so-called Fall Update?

Okay, I've just forced an update on my machine to the latest Win10 update and I'm checking all the latest issues people have mentioned and so far nothing has stopped me. I'm going to assume therefore that something specific to each user's setup is at play.

So, what specific mod is being installed in the screenshot?

Also you mentioned Project Nevada in your OP but you're modding FO3 based on @Kelmych's guide. How were you expecting a FNV mod to install on your FO3 installation?

Okay, I've just forced an update on my machine to the latest Win10 update and I'm checking all the latest issues people have mentioned and so far nothing has stopped me. I'm going to assume therefore that something specific to each user's setup is at play.

So, what specific mod is being installed in the screenshot?

Also you mentioned Project Nevada in your OP but you're modding FO3 based on @Kelmych's guide. How were you expecting a FNV mod to install on your FO3 installation?

I'm installing Fallout Wanderers Edition. I mentioned that I had this problem with Project Nevada when I was modding New Vegas.

Well now the fomod script for FWE doesn't work at all for me, but any other C# style script installer does, e.g. Project Nevada. The error I get however is very different to yours.

Clearly there is something odd about the specific code in this script that is bugging out when called on a Win10 system.

Are you able to manage a manual install of FWE?

So to sum up what I have seen: Only certain C# style fomod scripts, these are the ones that call the NexusClientCLI routine, are broken under Win10. 

Most installations can however be bypassed with a manual install.

I'll let the MO team know and see if they can track down what exactly is bugging out.

The FWE FOMOD script for FO3 has always seemed a little unstable. I haven't tried installing it in Windows 10, and I don't have the Creators Update yet.

Fomods are great and there are a few C# style ones that may cause slight issue (xml style are fine) but I agree with @Kelmych, FWE's one has always been flaky and I think it may be premature to say there's a fault in MO/Win10 because of it.

My buddy Joe made an installer with animations for Fallout 4 Silence, very cool. But thinking that some may be causing issues with w10 it makes me feel like being safe and going the long way around. I never had issues in the past with win10 or MO using fomod installers. First I've heard of it, here. 

I never really understood why some mod authors created the C# style installers. It seems to me the XML style FODMOD does the job fairly nicely and the XML schema isn't all that difficult to understand.