Having issues with DynDOLOD And Legacy of the Dragonborn

Shadow3122

Question

my problem is simple; when I have DynDOLOD installed and LoDB I get whole buildings missing from the Hot Springs area. Without the amazing mod installed the building are there and the behave as normal. I'll post my log and some Screenshots so I can illustrate my problem and hopefully find a fix for me.

With DynDOLOD active:

post-11970-0-50587400-1508734408_thumb.jpg

Without:

post-11970-0-24368900-1508734615_thumb.jpg

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

That is very easy to do in xEdit:

Get the form id from console in game. Enter form id in xEdit top left FormID field, hit enter.

In the right window find the row FormID, then the column in the DynDOLOD plugin, CTRL + left click that entry, it will underline.

Now the left tree view highlights the overwrite in the DynDOLOD plugin, right click it, select remove.

This did the trick for me.  I removed all the overwrites to DBM and had to save, exit, and reload the game after DynDOLOD was reactivated and initialized to get the changes to take effect, but it worked like a charm.  I can now see the guildhouse, hot springs, and ramps leading up to the airship from the safehouse porch as intended by LotD.  Thank you so much for your help here.

On a side note, I also figured out a fix for the museum on the map problem.  Having extracted the LOD mesh for the museum and changing it from _1 to _2, I also found the ref in xEdit and then found that ref in the DynDOLOD rules section.  It had no LOD rules set, so I set the 4, 8, and 16 rules manually and told it to keep the full mesh plus LOD, and now the museum shows on my world map.  Of course, I forgot the dome, so will need to get its ref and regenerate the LOD, but point is, it worked and I no longer have that gaping hole in my Solitude arch on the world map where the museum should be.  :D

Thank you so much for your help and advice.  There are a couple of other mods where DynDOLOD seems to be overwriting some things and making them not show, such as Hearthfire Guards and Fortifications and Heljarchen Farm, giving me some invisible structures in the open world, so I'll need to go in and remove those overwrites as well, but now I know how to fix it so it's a non-issue at this point.  Just a matter of cracking it open and getting it done.

I couldn't have gotten this fixed without your guidance.  Thank you for your time and patience with helping me on this.

Edited by ScottyRage

Okay, so decided to experiment with something after watching one of the tutorial videos again.  I'm regenerating the LOD, this time with the museum and dome sections set to the usual, 4, 8, and 16 with FarLOD and references unchanged.  I've also added the safehouse and planetarium to the list, had to use full models for them since they don't have LOD meshes, FarLOD and refs unchanged, as that should make them only visible after they've been enabled.  Wish me luck!