Sign in to follow this  
Midig

Making some alterations after STEP

I want to use a couple of mods together that is out of the scope of STEP. But I thought this might be the best place to look for support. Namely, I want to: 

Use Skyrim Flora overhaul original version (The one provided by STEP is too saturated to use along with Vivid Weathers). Preferably I want to make no changes to the trees at all and just have normal LOD. However, if unavoidable I would prefer to generate LOD for trees provided by it. I am not sure if I should hide the tree LOD file in STEP Extended Patch mod. I already managed to change STEP extended patch so it is dependant on Vivid Weathers instead of Vivid clouds and fogs. 

I also want to use Dual Sheath Redux along with Belt-fastened quivers, capes and cloaks, Archery Gameplay Overhaul, Illustrious HDT cloaks and HDT equipment. There seems to be some compatibility hell here, XP32 has some AGO files I may or may not need if I got AGO (does not tell me if I need it with AGO, just tells me it provides AGO animation, annoyingly vague). STEP seems to want me to use back hip daggers last I checked, which is incompatible with Belt-fastened Quivers if I am not mistaken. Belt fastened quivers need its own settings both with HDT equipment and XP32. On top of this, I need to select an option in FNIS to make this all work. 

Edited by Midig

You can switch out SFO versions without issue. In fact, we'll be dropping that mod for the next major release. Just hide or overwrite the billboards from the STEP Compilation.

The rest of your changes are just options in the installers for these mods. Change them however you wish.

Yes, you do need to using the option in XP32 for AGO.

You can switch out SFO versions without issue. In fact, we'll be dropping that mod for the next major release.

That's interesting. What, if anything, will replace SFO in the next major release?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Mousetick
      Discussion topic:
      Labyrinthian Shalidor's Maze Fixes by wSkeever
      Wiki Link
      This fixes a bunch of small layout glitches by repositioning objects and replacing meshes in the Shalidor's Maze area, and it adds sunlight.
      Install: if used with Assorted Mesh Fixes, they should overwrite it. There is an ESL plugin, which must be enabled.
      Conflicts: there is a minor conflict with Atlas Map Markers, which AMM wins using LOOT. It must be patched if sunlight is desired (see below). Otherwise no conflict with the current WIP STEP setup as far as I can tell.
      Before > After of one of the more noticeable fixes:

Before > After of sunlight and shadows - only works if conflict with AMM is resolved:

See Nexus page for more comparison screenshots.
    • By Crimson13
      Discussion topic:
      Security Overhaul SKSE - Lock Variations by powerofthree
      Wiki Link
      SKSE file that turns the default lock into different kinds based on what you're opening; Dwemer, Falmer, Snow Elf, Apocrypha, and snowy chests/doors. Looking at it I feel like I might actually manually open locks now instead of using autopick, haha. There's even an addon already which adds even more, including locks from other mods like VIGILANT.
    • By Mousetick
      Discussion topic:
      Blackreach Tentacle Mesh Fix by wSkeever
      Wiki Link
      Do you like tentacles and/or mesh fixes? Personally, the more mesh fixes, the better, except when it comes to sorting them all out when they overlap. I'll admit this one is kinda "niche".
      Refer to the Nexus page for screenshots. Or you can go to the entrance of the Derelict Pumphouse in Blackreach to see for yourself.
      Install: wherever and whenever, it's just meshes.
      Pros: doesn't overwrite anything else in the STEP guide.
      Cons: a bit pointless and unnecessary perhaps.
      Compares:
      Current STEP --> This mod