Lantern Caretakers

Kelmych

I'd say - remove it and save a slot. (Personally, I've never had it installed in any of my proper playthroughs)

Lanterns caretakers with DAEDRIC weapons? Really? Seriously? They could just run away, sell such a weapon to anyone, earn themselves a little fortune and quit that horrible job of lantern caretaking forever!

I'd say - remove it and save a slot. (Personally, I've never had it installed in any of my proper playthroughs)

Lanterns caretakers with DAEDRIC weapons? Really? Seriously? They could just run away, sell such a weapon to anyone, earn themselves a little fortune and quit that horrible job of lantern caretaking forever!

They are out by themself without a cadre of guards. What kind of weapon would you carry if you were lighting lanterns? I'll admit it would be more realistic if there were a few guards with them, in which case the weapons should be ordinary guard weapons.

They are out by themself without a cadre of guards. What kind of weapon would you carry if you were lighting lanterns? I'll admit it would be more realistic if there were a few guards with them, in which case the weapons should be ordinary guard weapons.
Yes, but it's like a mailman or utilities worker who is going out to a remote area or has to go work in a dangerous part of town.  I'm sure they sometimes wish they had bullet proof vests and armored vehicles, but that isn't going to happen.  Their employers aren't likely to provide it, and if the workers could personally afford those items, they probably would be working other jobs.  In Skyrim someone with a deadric weapon and the skill to use it could make much more money as a mercenary or bodyguard.

As far as the mod goes, I agree that it generally sounds like a nice idea, but it's something so minor that I've never considered it worth the plugin slot or the script additions.  I didn't even know that they had daedric weapons.  To me that directly contradicts any increased immersion this mod might otherwise add.  I vote to drop.

I think it required some forwards and combining of a couple records. Let me make the necessary changes and we can drop it then. I'll be a able to do it in a little while as I agree with everyone that it is a nice little plugin for lanterns of skyrim. Personally, I don't use it because I don't like the lanterns on roads, that makes no sense to me that there are lights all over an entire territory of Tamriel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, I'm done looking it over, there were only a couple changes so I got lucky.

I'm betting z will agree with everyone that guards walking around with daedric greatswords is outside the scope of STEP, even Extended, and we can drop this mod.

I wonder if the author would let us make our own version with just a couple guards that walk around with a steel weapon.

Yes, but it's like a mailman or utilities worker who is going out to a remote area or has to go work in a dangerous part of town.  I'm sure they sometimes wish they had bullet proof vests and armored vehicles, but that isn't going to happen.  Their employers aren't likely to provide it, and if the workers could personally afford those items, they probably would be working other jobs.  In Skyrim someone with a deadric weapon and the skill to use it could make much more money as a mercenary or bodyguard.

As far as the mod goes, I agree that it generally sounds like a nice idea, but it's something so minor that I've never considered it worth the plugin slot or the script additions.  I didn't even know that they had daedric weapons.  To me that directly contradicts any increased immersion this mod might otherwise add.  I vote to drop.

I admit I had never looked at the weapons; daedric is extreme and having the skill to properly use these weapons is even more extreme. Maybe we can suggest to Manny that he look at this issue; I do like the immersion of having someone light the lanterns.

I realise I have no voting "rights" here, but if I did I would certainly vote to remove this - it's a nice-enough-but-not-at-all-necessary addition to an otherwise great mod. Save a plugin slot, streamline the step install a bit, simplify, it's win all round IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I realise I have no voting "rights" here, but if I did I would certainly vote to remove this - it's a nice-enough-but-not-at-all-necessary addition to an otherwise great mod. Save a plugin slot, streamline the step install a bit, simplify, it's win all round IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Only admins (and coordinators possibly? not entirely sure tbh) have the "proper" right to vote (which happens behind the scenes anyway afaik), but each and every opinion is valued, so never hesitate to express your thoughts :)