Lynnmcd

Audio issues

Question

Hi there,

So, I finally made it through the setup and got into a new game! Yay me!

(BTW, no idea why, but my new character came into the game with a helmet on! Unable to take it off during character creation phase. Weird.)

Here are the issues with my audio:

1. I have to preset my volume on my computer up way high before entering the game as I have no ability, other than the in-game audio settings, to adjust the volume. Once in-game I can go in and fiddle with volumes. But that seems odd.

2.  The audio only comes out of my speakers...I am completely unable to hear anything through my headphones! @-@ Roommate will dislike super much!

Any hints as to these anomalies?

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Audio is on the hardware side of things. I'm able to use speakers or headphones without any issues. Make sure your audio drivers are up-to-date. That's all I can think of for that.

The helmet is linked to a specific mod, though I can't member which one. It happens at random, though. You can use race menu to change your look later. That's usually what I do when I encounter this.

Thanks, again! I got the headphone thing working...well, just used my Bluetooth earbuds and it worked fine. :-) Now to figure out what to adjust to eliminate the little bit of stutter going on. And to let the creator of the Whiterun mod know that the cobblestones in front of the WR stables are not set to the ground! :-D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By steppystep
      Hello all!

Desperately seeking help for a consistent and mysterious (to me) ctd. The trouble is upon completing the partial STEP install that as far as I can tell, I've followed instructions on, I have a consistent ctd that seems to be triggered by certain audio, particularly gunfire. I know enough to be able to follow instructions and use the utilities that STEP suggests, but not enough to sleuth my way to a solution! The only other hint I have is that at the time of ctd there remains a consistent repeated sound as if the audio system is hung up on that particular spot. 

[spoiler=Hardware Specs]
      CPU Manufacturer: Intel
      CPU Model:I5 4670
      CPU Speed (GHz):3.4
      CPU Cores:4
      GPU Manufacturer:NVIDIA
      GPU Model:Geforce GTX 660
      GPU VRAM:4 GB
      # GPU's:1
      System RAM:8 GB
      Storage Type:HDD
      OS Architecture:64bit - Vista
      FO3 Specs
      Resolution:1920x1080 (16:9)
      DLC's:GOTY

I use Mod Organizer.

[spoiler=LOOT Load Order]
        0  0 Fallout3.esm   1  1 Anchorage.esm   2  2 ThePitt.esm   3  3 BrokenSteel.esm   4  4 PointLookout.esm   5  5 Zeta.esm   6  6 Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm   7  7 Advanced Recon Tech.esm   8  8 CALIBR.esm   9  9 Mart's Mutant Mod.esm  10  a DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esm  11  b Mothership Crew.esm  12  c AWorldOfPainFO3.esm  13  d Vault 101 Revisited.esm  14  e CRAFT.esm  15  f FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm  16 10 Detect Traps.esm  17 11 Project Beauty.esm  18 12 Inventory Access.esm  19 13 iHUD.esm  20 14 RH_IRONSIGHTS.esm  21 15 FO3 Wanderers Edition - Alternate Travel.esp  22 16 aHUD.esm  23 17 tubrrCompound.esm  24 18 Advanced Recon Range Finder.esp  25 19 FWEAlienWorkBenchFix.esp  26 1a DarNifiedUIF3.esp        Detect Traps - DLC.esp        Detect Traps - Perk.esp  27 1b Advanced Recon Tech.esp  28 1c DynamicCrosshair.esp  29 1d Flashlight-LOS.esp  30 1e PPA - The Pitt.esp  31 1f GNR Enhanced.esp        Flora Overhaul.esp        Advanced Recon Tech - Detect Traps.esp  32 20 JIP Selective-Fire.esp        Mart's Mutant Mod - DC Interiors.esp  33 21 RubblePilesFix.esp  34 22 Realistic Interior Lighting.esp        PPA - FWE Tougher NPC Power Armour.esp  35 23 The Mantis Imperative - FlatVATS.esp  36 24 The Mantis Imperative - SkillBooks.esp  37 25 The Mantis Imperative - XP.esp  38 26 The Mantis Imperative - Nasty Zeta.esp  39 27 Rivet City Realignment.esp  40 28 HeirApparent.esp  41 29 (TWPC) RIL-UUF3P-DM Patch.esp  42 2a WeaponModKits.esp  43 2b RH_WMK_Bridge.esp  44 2c WeaponModKits - BrokenSteel.esp  45 2d WeaponModKits - OperationAnchorage.esp  46 2e WeaponModKits - ThePitt.esp  47 2f WeaponModKits - Zeta.esp  48 30 WeaponModKits - PointLookout.esp        DIFF WMK.esp  49 31 WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp  50 32 DIFF.esp  51 33 FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp  52 34 FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp  53 35 FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp  54 36 Advanced Recon Tech FWE.esp  55 37 FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp  56 38 FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp  57 39 tubRRCompound.esp  58 3a The Mantis Imperative - Jello.esp  59 3b PLweightadjust.esp        (TWPC) TMI-FWE Patch.esp  60 3c NotSoFast.esp  61 3d The Mantis Imperative - Mantis.esp  62 3e CALIBRv14 Ammunition Schematics for FWE-WMK-CRAFT-V1_3-18639.esp  63 3f MoreMapMarkers.esp        FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers.esp        FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers (automatics only).esp  64 40 Dree Perks.esp  65 41 Advanced Recon Gear.esp  66 42 Detect Traps - The Traponator 4000.esp  67 43 IntoTheDeepWoods.esp  68 44 Existence 2.0.esp  69 45 Scout Outfits.esp  70 46 Lookout Outfits.esp  71 47 Tattered_suits.esp  72 48 Freebooter_Armor.esp  73 49 DIM TYPE3clothesRETAIL.esp  74 4a FO3NeckChains.esp        WeaponModKits - FWE Talon Loot Crash Fix.esp        (TWPC) WMK-UUF3P-FWE Patch.esp  75 4b FasterMorePowerfulMines.esp        (TWPC) RRE-PB-FWE Patch.esp  76 4c The Mantis Imperative - Medical.esp  77 4d The Mantis Imperative - Combat.esp  78 4e Powered Power Armor.esp  79 4f PPA - FWE.esp  80 50 FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp  81 51 UUF3P - FWE Patch.esp  82 52 Blackened FWE + MMM + Project Beauty.esp  83 53 Project Beauty- Broken Steel.esp  84 54 Project Beauty- Point Lookout.esp        (TWPC) DIFF3-UUF3P-FWE Patch.esp        The Mantis Imperative - Nasty Zeta No Scaling.esp  85 55 YearlingBooks.esp        Zeta Turret Drone Karma Fix - MMM Merged.esp  86 56 T3_leather armors.esp  87 57 PPA - Broken Steel.esp        PPA - FWE 2.esp  88 58 PPA - Mothership Zeta.esp  89 59 PPA - Operation Anchorage.esp  90 5a Conelrad 640-1240.esp  91 5b PLFewerItems.esp  92 5c Bashed Patch, 0.esp     I follow STEP all the way through and have the CORE components, there are only a couple of optionals I've skipped.   I stuck with the STEP ini mods.   Specifically: the ctd comes when I encounter certain fights, inside buildings, or out in the wasteland. It appears to trigger off of my own weapon firing at times, others, from the NPC's.    Any helpful suggestions on where to tackle this would be appreciated. This is about the fourth or fifth time I've attempted to get FO3 modded and stable and I'm about ready to call it in.    **edited for format, additional info.
    • By Kesta
      So, I thought it was already included in STEP. Turns out it's not, and it doesn't even have a single entry in the forum.

Waterbreathing Breathless Emerge

3 Very small edits which makes a great change : A single conditions on the "Hhhhhhhaaaa, hhha, hhha" played whenever the PC put his head out of the water : If he's under waterbreathing effect (argonian's ability, alchemy, magic, whatever...), the sound will play.