Is there maintenance going on? The Wiki is constantly going down.

Danni293

Question

For the last 4 hours or so the wiki page has been up for maybe half an hour total, it comes back online for 10 minutes or so just to go back down for usually an hour at a time. What's going on? I can't find any info from mods or other users and I know it's not just me, I've checked a couple different "is it down" sites that all confirm that the server is unresponsive. So what's going on? Is there maintenance or just technical difficulties?

2 answers to this question

Lately the wiki is getting fairly high usage at various times of day which causes this. The STEP team has been working for a while on getting a replacement for the hosting service with more capacity. You will see a lot of messages about this in the forums.

Lately the wiki is getting fairly high usage at various times of day which causes this. The STEP team has been working for a while on getting a replacement for the hosting service with more capacity. You will see a lot of messages about this in the forums.

I see, thanks for the info. I'm not active on the forums since I don't use STEP very often unless I'm reinstalling Skyrim (really gotta see if there's just a mass download of all the mods so it doesn't take me a whole weekend).