SRLE - not listed in the STEP Packs list

Replacing some of the location mods in SRLE LOTD with some mods in REGS (e.g., replacing some of the Arthmoor Village mods with Expanded Towns and Cities) or adding some REGS location mods not in SRLE LOTD (e.g., the city mods) shouldn't require a lot of work in Conflict Resolution. This requires a little expertise with xEdit to look at the conflict resolution patches. Some of the Merges in SRLE LOTD (e.g., Blowing in the Wind, No Snow Under the Roof, Farmhouse Chimneys) would need to be redone to use some different location-mod-related patches.

The locations affected by REGS mods, including the location mods being reviewed and considered, can be seen here.

I think I am going to start by getting SRLE LOTD setup and then I will look at tackling the REGS portion as a copied profile in MO.  Is there anyone else trying this already/ is this forum/thread a good place to ask for help when I get to that step?

I have never used the creation kit and only limited experience with loot and tes5edit. I don't know what xEdit is. 

The base name for the program called TES5Edit is xEdit. The same program is used for multiple Bethesda games and can be renamed (e.g., TES4Edit) for use with other games.

It is a little harder to merge plugins that include navmesh records (the modular ETaC files); unfortunately the Creation Kit is the only way I know of to fix the navmesh record when this is done. It's use is simple in this case since you just open the plugin with Creation Kit and then save it and close the program, but the Creation Kit in general is always daunting.

Many of the REGS mods can just be added to a SRLE Extended LOTD build, or are already included.

So im mid process through the SRLE LOTD install and the guide says I need:

• OPTIONAL FILES - CORE PACK -> The Forgotten City Patches

However there does not appear to be any optional files of that name on this page: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77331/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D77331&pUp=1

Is it not needed, or am I missing something?

So im mid process through the SRLE LOTD install and the guide says I need:

However there does not appear to be any optional files of that name on this page: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77331/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D77331&pUp=1

Is it not needed, or am I missing something?

there in here CORE Pack along with a few other patches you'll need. it best if you extract the archive manually

Thanks for your help again Jarl.

As I continue the install I got to the alternate start mod where it says:

Leave Alternate Start - Live Another Life Packed in It's BSA

Sadly it looks like earlier in the process I was told to do this for the optimized textures but I failed to do the step where I set it back

Once installation is complete reset BSA Extractor back to TRUE.

So my question, will this impact any of the mods I installed between optimized textures and the Alternate Start mod?  DO I need to start over/ reinstall all of the mods?

Thanks for your help again Jarl.

As I continue the install I got to the alternate start mod where it says:

Sadly it looks like earlier in the process I was told to do this for the optimized textures but I failed to do the step where I set it back

So my question, will this impact any of the mods I installed between optimized textures and the Alternate Start mod?  DO I need to start over/ reinstall all of the mods?

Firstly my name is DarkladyLexy Not "Jarl" that is just a rank used by the forum.

Secondly you should be Ok to leave everything you have done so far Packed in there BSA's

thirdly bare in mind we only advise BSA extarction becuase some mods need some files remove that are packed in there BSA, If you don't extarct you can't remove these files. So it si easier just to extrcat all BSA part from the one we say not to.

Thanks for all your help DarkladyLexy!

Question about Legacy of The Dragonborn.  It looks like the files instructed to download in the guide are no longer available under the main file section as the mod has been updated a lot.

[Legacy of the Dragonborn (Dragonborn Gallery)]
CORE
Legacy of the Dragonborn - V18Final - by icecreamassassin

Files to download :

• MAIN FILES - Legacy of the Dragonborn V18 Final Core
  • MAIN FILES - DBM_UnofficialFix_Patch v1.16.5

Should I just download the new main file and update file? I am guessing this mod is the reason for the mod pack name, so I don't want to screw this up.

Edited by sweetaction