Morrowind Mod Guide Compendium

I have been going through many different sources in the last few days to find the perfect modding guide that will modernise Morrowind. Below are many written and video modding guides that new or experienced users can follow to create a perfect gaming experience on this ageing gem of a game.

I will try to keep this list of links updated as frequently as possible and I hope that other users will help add to this list to create a large depository of mod guides for Morrowind. 

Written Guides

1. Morrowind Today

[by danjb] - [Link]

[Guide last edited: 12th July 2016]

2. (Re)installing Morrowind

[by Life in Ink and Pixels] - [Link]

[Guide last edited: 1st May 2017]

3. Guide: A Modern Morrowind

[by Step users] - [Link]

[Guide last edited: 11th July 2017]

4. Gluby's Guide to a Modded Morrowind

[by Gluby] - [Link]

[Guide last edited: 11th October 2009]

5. Morrowind 2017 : Cynderal Edition

[by Cynderal] - [Link]

[Guide last edited: 15th February 2017]

6. Morrowind - An Alternative to MGSO

[by Anthony Dotson] - [Link]

[Guide last edited: 10th November 2015]

7. GeeTee's Favourite Morrowind Mods

[by GeeTee] - [Link]

[Guide last edited: 23rd February 2017]

8. Tomorrowind 2016

[by Povuholo] - [Link]

[Guide last edited: 17th January 2016]

9. Morrowind Modding Guide

[by cml33] - [Link]

[Guide last edited: 9th March 2013]

10. Morrowind Mega Modding Manual

[by Ashlandroadwarrior] - [Link]

[Guide last edited: ?]

Video Guides

1. Modding Guide for New Players - "Modernising Morrowind"

[by Zaric Zhakaron] - [Link]

[Uploaded: 1st August 2015]

2. Modernising Morrowind

[by GamerZakh] - [Link]

[Uploaded: 3rd May 2017]

• Upvote 1

Written Guide

11. 30 Minute Modding

[by dac0152] - [Link]

[Guide Last Edited: 2nd March 2017]

12. Beginners Guide

[by Morrowind Modding Wiki] - [Link]

[Guide Last Edited: 1st April 2015]

Edited by redryan19

Thank you for this list. I'm a newcomer to Morrowind from other TES and FO games. I've come across n.3 and am currently following n.6, which someone told me is gorgeous from a graphical stand point. Being from 2015 you'd expect some things to be outdated or broken, but for the most part, they aren't. Just do a search for the latest python dev. (or standalone if you prefer) Wrye Mash v.87 which has many bug corrections over v.84 linked to in the guide. And this guide, despite being of very few words, does teach you a thing or two about working with BAIN.

• Upvote 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Gutmaw
      Hey all, I'm very familiar with the STEP guides for Skyrim (including SRLE and SRLE Extended), and looking to jump into FO4.  I found a handful of FO4 guides, looking for your experienced opinions on the best/most stable/current FO4 mod pack/guide.  

Here are the guides I found so far...
      Fallout 4 Mod List and Load Order Guide (BiRaitBec Modlist)
      wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2 by Gernash
      https://forum.step-project.com/topic/12227-fallout-4-mod-it-till-it-breaks-my-personal-guide/ by Fenris95

Any guidance is appreciated!

Thanks

Rig:
      MSI SLI PLus Z270 mobo...Intel i5-7600K (4.5GHz OC)...Team T-Force Night Hawk 16MB DDR4 3000 RAM...EVGA GTX 1070 8GB FTW Gaming GPU...Crucial m4 256GB SATA SSD (OS and misc)...PNY 480GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SLC SSD (Gaming)...Hitachi GST Deskstar 750GB 7200 HDD (Storage)...Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI Express Sound Card...Qnix 27" 2K IPS display
    • By keeveekoomoo
      I am new to nifskope and modding morrowind in general so I am sorry if this is a stupid or already answered question.
      I have made a .nif file for a morrowind mod with a texture of the same name. I thought this would be enough but when loading the game with the plugin, the sword exists but it is invisible, I searched online and found that using nifskope may help. I loaded the nif into nifskope and also the texture, they are both present as blocks however the texture is not applied to the mesh. I have searched around but have not been able to fix this issue, does anybody know what the issue could be?

Things I have tried:
      In the resources tab, I have set the folder to the textures folder with the path being
      "C:/Users/(my username)/Desktop/Games/Morrowind stuff/Morrowind/Morrowind/Morrowind/Data Files/Textures/"
      I have tried using "Alt + T" being the render textures command but nothing happened (I don't know if that is how I use it, it is just something I tried)
      I've tried applying a new texture in place of mine and that also only shows in the block list and not on the mesh; I know the problem isn't my custom texture.

Again I am sorry if this question has been answered but I couldn't find a solution 

• By dreadflopp
      I posted a couple of weeks ago about a STEP SE guide addon. It has developed into a proper STEP build, which is why I decided to start a new topic. This is a guide based on STEP SE and you use it instead of STEP SE. It is in a finished state and I am currently game testing.  I will add the guide to the STEP wiki soon, which is as easy as cut and paste some text. It is currently on Github only.

On the todo-list:

Revisit the animations section of the guide and check out Project New Reign - Nemesis PCEA as well as other animation mods.  

Introduction: Welcome to Dread's Skyrim Build
      Link: https://dreadflopp.github.io/dreadsskyrimbuild/

This guide is a STEP build based on the STEP: Core build. The STEP team has built a base with mods that enhances and fixes Skyrim without breaking the vanilla look and feel. This guides further enhances Skyrim, adds to it and alters elements of it in several ways.

The mods featured in this build are chosen to be immersive and realistic. Realistic in a fantasy setting means believable. The mods should feel like they expand or enhances vanilla Skyrim, like they could have been there from the beginning.

What to expect
      Support for the Survival mode from Bethesda Creation Club. HD textures for landscapes, structures and buildings that keeps the vanilla look and feel. HD textures for clutter, armors, weapons other items. Bigger trees for a truly immersive forest. Enhanced visuals with Cathedral Weather, Relighting Skyrim and Luminosity Lighting Overhaul. New unique armors are added to the game. New weapons types with custom animations. More adventures with new quests and new lands to visit. Overhauled cities, towns and villages. Expanded character creation with the CBBE female body with realistic presets. Overhauled character leveling and skill system: Overhauled skill trees with new perks. Overhauled magic with new spells. A new class system. New experience system that encourages exploration. Slower leveling to allow you to experience the dlc-sized added content before maxing out your character. New, tougher bandits and dragons. New NPC's and followers. This build is made to be easy to install
      No LOOT rules, every conflict is resolved with the patches. Run LOOT and you are done. No bashed patch. All level list conflicts are resolved by the patches. No merging of plugins. Every patch is esl-flagged to make sure the plugin limit count is not reached. Advanced FOMOD installer for the patches. No need to choose which patches to use, the installer does the work for you. Almost all mods are optional

All mods in this build are optional, except for:
      Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch. Cloaks of Skyrim and Winter is Coming. Use them both or not at all.