Sign in to follow this  
Monstamagic16

I'm having constant CTDs...

Question

I have been having constant ctds for about a week now. I have tried everything that I could think of or could find online... I use Mod Organizer to organize my mods. I use LOOT to configure my load order (Some mods I had to move in my load order). I've used Tes5edit to clean the dirty plugins. I've used Save Game Script Cleaner to clean my saves. All my mods are clean, all are up do date, all have the necessary patches. LOOT, Mod Oranizer, and SGSC all say my mods are fine,,, I've fruitlessly edited and unedited skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini. I have scoured my Papyrus Logs to no avail. I am sorry for the ramble.

I usually get a ctd somewhat randomly. It always happens on save(auto,quick, and new save) or when i exit a big inventory. The ctds seem to occur after a certain amount of time. For instance, I could play for about an hour maybe more then a ctd would happen. After the first, It just snowballs form there just happening more and more often. The location is random. Npcs are random.

I have an i7 920, Dell XPS Studio MB, 8GBs of RAM, and a GTX 960 2GB.

My mod list is here: https://modwat.ch/u/kmasonjr@comcast.net All the "Unmanaged" mods have been removed.

My enblocal.ini is here: https://pastebin.com/u/Monstamagic16 

My Papyrus Logs are here:  https://pastebin.com/u/Monstamagic16 

Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you in advance

1 answer to this question

Are you using Crash Fixes or the SKSE.ini memory setup lines?

And Quick saves are notorious for doing this. I never use them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Crackomint
      I have been using Mod Organizer as the manager for my Oblivion installation for some time, and thanks in part to the information in this forum it has worked out pretty well.

However, I was encountering an issue using the Construction Set Extender, and decided to use the nuclear option and re-install, backing up my MO profiles and such. After a lot of trial and error and aggravation I ended up discovering my issue with the CSE was not related to MO at all.

Upon reinstalling though I've encountered a new issue. I am using the Steam GOTY edition with all DLCs. I can load the vanilla game along with OBSE installed using the "default" profile of MO. However, when I create a new vanilla profile, not changing any ini settings or load order of the DLCs, I crash before the main menu can load. I tried disabling the DLCs just in case, no change.

My load mechanism is set to Script Extender and I am closing out of Mod Organizer before trying to run the game through Steam. I am using MO 1.3.11.

I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions on how to get things working again, and will provide any necessary additional information!
    • By thisisbleep
      I have followed the ENBoost guide, but the "Wrapper" version crashes on startup and the "Injector" does not appear to work. I can run the game with the "Injector" version but there is no ENB message in the top left corner and when I enabled the windowed setting, to see if that would change it, nothing happened. I assume that there is a process blocking it from running correctly, but I have no clue what it is. I searched the forum and this came up, but I do not have any monitoring processes running (to my knowledge).

I was active here before, but recently got a new PC which is more powerful and can handle the modding, so I intend to install the STEP Extended.

PC specs
      CPU: Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5GHzGPU: Nvidia Gigabyte GTX 970 G1, 4GBMoBo: Gigabyte G1 Sniper H6RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3PSU: Corsair CS750MHDD: Plextor 256GB SSD & Seagate 2TB HDDOS: Win 7 Professional, 64-bitDisplay: LG 42" TVAudio: Logitech Z906 GPU Driver: 347.09 Processes running on the PCSee attached.  EDIT: I just saw that there is an ENB specific sub-forum, could a mod move my post to there? I was not able to find any solutions there though. :(tasklist.xlsx
    • By CanaryWO
      Hello, this is my first ever S.T.E.P thread, so I'm still pure, innocent and a overall noob.

I've tried to install and run ENB's multiple times, followed countless guides as perfectly as I could, but I still experience the same CTD as when I tried it the first time.
      I'm starting to despair, thinking that it may be my hardware that wasn't good enough, so I finally decided to take it to the experts (S.T.E.P).

I have the following:

Processor:  Intel® Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz
      Video  Card: AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series
      RAM:  12 GB
      Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10240), 64-bit

I should have configured everything correctly according to different guides, do you spot anything here that may be the cause?
      I've also searched different forums and topics, and no, I don't use any overlay or other programs besides Steam.

enblocal.ini
      SkyrimPrefs.ini

I hope this helps in finding the problem but if not, please just ask for any other information.
      I'm truly at a loss for what I should do.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I have DirectX10 but also tried downloading DirectX9 but all in vain.