Dual Sheath Redux & Dragonbone Mastery

mentaltyranny

Question

So after spending the last month of free time making my custom compatibility patch in tes5edit, just before I left for work this morning I installed and ran Dual Sheath Redux, as per the instructions. After running the .jar file and creating a mod from overwrite, I noticed it conflicted with Dragonbone Mastery - Weapons Retexture on 3 files. I am away from my gaming computer, so I am not sure what those files are, but if I remember correctly they were textures or meshes. I will post more details tonight, but I am kinda curious if anyone else using STEP Extended 2.10 has noticed this? Thanks in advance for your replies!

4 answers to this question

I'm not seeing any conflicts between Dual Sheath Redux 17.3. and Dragonbone Mastery 2.1.1. I do see 10 files in Dragonbone Mastery and 64 files in Dual Sheath Redux that are override by LeanWolf's Better Shaped Weapons 2.0.9.

Okay I am back to my computer.  It looks like Dual Sheath Redux (not DSR Output) overwrites 3 mesh files from Dragonbone Mastery - Weapons Retexture. They are the meshes/dlc01/weapons/dragonbone folder.  They are SwordSheath.nif, SwordLeft.nif, and DaggerLeft.nif.  Being that there appears to be no overwritten, accompanying textures in Dragonbone Mastery, I am not as worried as I was.  But nevertheless any conflicts involving DSR and the SkyProc patching system are concerning.  Can anyone with more knowledge then I tell me if the conflict is significant?  If so, any help resolving it would be greatly appreciated!

FYI, I reinstated everything in step.2n and above. The conflict is no longer listed under conflicts tab in information (under right click menu), but with Dual Sheath Redux selected in the left plane of MO, it still highlights Dragonbone Mastery - Weapons Retexture green.  Under the data tab in the right pane, the following files are definitely in both mods:

meshes/dlc01/weapons/dragonbone/SwordSheath.nif

meshes/dlc01/weapons/dragonbone/SwordLeft.nif

meshes/dlc01/weapons/dragonbone/DaggerLeft.nif

Granted, all 3 files are themselves overwritten by BSW, so maybe it doesn't matter.  However, all 3 file sizes are different so maybe this is a serious conflict.  Since there are no matching textures in textures/dlc01/weapons/dragonbone/, maybe these meshes all are being used with vanilla textures and there is no real conflict.  But then again, BSA archives are NOT unpacked for viewing in data tab...