Strange graphical glitch when loading a save

Dragora

Question

Hello, this is my first post.

Currently trying to play Nehrim.

When I`ve created my character and exited the creation screen everything is fine. I can play the game without any problems.
But when I load a save my character has a second headless torso behind the main torso.The second torso´s arms are stretched tightly backwards.
I first thought that maybe the problem was Invalidation, but now I don`t know.

The main mods I use are Oblivion Reloaded, the revamp (ORN) and OBSE.

The other mods I use are a couple of hair mods needed for ORN, Blockhead, Fast Exit 2, Meshes and Normal Maps Beta, Custom Autosave, Nehrim HighRes Palm Tree Retexture and Phinix Immersive DarkUI.

I maintain my own load order since I use so few mods.

I use the GOG version of Oblivion.

I did try to solve this problem by reinstalling everything.
Unfortunately that was a waste of time.

I have found out that:

1. Running the game with OBSE in MO with all mods give this glitch.

2. Running the game with OBSE IN MO and no mods gives this glitch.

3. Running the game with Oblivion.exe in MO does not produce the effect.

4. Running the game with it`s launcher and OBSE does not give the effect..

5. Running the game with Oblivion.exe outside MO does not give the effect.

I hope this is enough info for you to be able to help

This topic was first posted over at SureAI (the mod`s devs) but they don`t know MO.

Edited by GrantSP
Corrected point 2 as per the user's stance

Do you know why?

Mo2 loads the launcher just fine, but insists on starting Enbhost to early when selecting Play..

That causes imediate crash.

Is that because Enbhost is the only real 64bi exe?

So, the launcher is 32bit but MO thinks it is 64bit and refuses to load it. And MO2 can't launch the game?

Whatever the guys at SureAI have done in their code is giving the same feedback to MO that a 64bit executable would so MO thinks that is what it is. Remember we're trying to shoehorn a modded game executable into a manager that 'hooks' into what it already had difficulties handling. MO and Oblivion never really played nicely together so using Nehrim is always going to be an uphill battle.

Do you really need ENB? That too is only a 32bit exe, Boris doesn't even have an up-to-date Windows installation to edit code on so there is no way he's coding 64bit stuff.

If you must use MO/MO2 then I'd stick with MO2 and run the launcher from it, skipping any ENB stuff. I truthfully don't wish to try and get any ENB stuff working in my system but if you insist on using it I may have to see if there is a workaround.

I use Enboost for memory management.

It is so strange that when I launch the launcher in MO 2 and click play then right away Enbhost is warning about it has been launched too early, and the Oblivion.exe crashes.

The very first time I used the launcher in MO 2 I was able to get into the game. After that I have had the above problem every time.

The time I was able to load the game I found out that launching the launcher in MO 2 still had the glitch.

It really seems like I have to give up on using MO with Nehrim.

Perhaps I should install everything manually instead since I don't have many mods.

You forgot the other bigger point (at least for me): Keeping the game's INI and data-folder in vanilla condition,

Anyway, it baffles me why only the saves are affected and not the original gameplay after char. creation.

Edited by Dragora