Official STEP Lighting Solution

z929669

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing with ELFX for about 30 hours and must say as much as I love it, it's just too dark for a near-vanilla experience. At times caves and dungeons are pitch black which means I'll have to play a substantial portion of my game with a torch in hand. If that is not a game mechanical change I don't know what is... Also encountered flickering lights at times.

For CoT I hated it. Some weathers in CoT added a tint to the exteriors that imo didn't fit the atmosphere at all. And some clear days looked so warm I thought the snow would melt. Looked great I agree but didn't fit Skyrim.

RCRN made the game look like a pretty dx9 game rather than a more modern dx9/10 hybrid (which I know might be a false statement - just my impression of the thing). Also had some glitches with water textures looking odd (PURE WATER had black borders around all water surfaces).

Gonna look into RLO when I get back from the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I think some time ago I had read a comment somewhere in the forum about a lighting mod that is still in development. I can't find the post and I'm pretty sure there was a link to the mod's page on the bethesda's forums. Can someone provide the link again?

• 2 months later...

I think there are too many subjective weather and lighting choices for Skyrim, it doesn't make much sense to include one into STEP (suggestions is another topic though). There already is a weather and lighting pack by Smile44 that includes what is probably the most popular solution. I hope I will release an ENB based weather and lighting pack soon, but my second GPU is broke too, that was kind of a bummer for my motivation.