Relighting Skyrim (by NovakDalton and JawZ)

z929669

• 7 months later...

STEP recommendations specify a Priority 960000 LOOT rule for Relighting Skyrim (in https://wiki.step-project.com/Relighting_Skyrim). When I launch LOOT 0.10.1, enter a Priority of 960000 and click the save icon, loot underlines the Priority value in red and does not save the value.  Anyone able to duplicate this behavior? Thoughts?

-First Time STEPper...

Until other info comes along, you could always try just dropping all the zeroes. This is happening cause LOOT changed how it sets priority. Guides are still catching up.

Try setting something like Priority 96 and work from there. 

Edited by Nozzer66

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone help me figure out why interiors are so dark in my game?

For reference, this is a screenshot from the Relighting Skyrim mod page on nexus, showing one of the rooms in Bleak Falls Barrow:

17609-2-1355422204.jpg

This is the same room in my game:

Z3ioHAy.jpg

I set up the game using the current (2.2.9;2) STEP Extended guide, following the baseline suggestions for all mods. If somoene can show me a simple/easy way to export a mod list and/or load order from Mod Organizer I will get that for you as well.

Make sure you have the correct versions of ELE and RS and that you've not chosen a darker interior option. Also make sure you're using just ENBoost and not a preset.

Your mod list can be found in the MO "profiles" folder in the profile name that you are using. The file is call "modlist.txt".

Make sure you have the correct versions of ELE and RS and that you've not chosen a darker interior option. Also make sure you're using just ENBoost and not a preset.

Your mod list can be found in the MO "profiles" folder in the profile name that you are using. The file is call "modlist.txt".

Thanks for the response. Pretty sure I chose the STEP preferred options for both mods, but I will redownload and reinstall to make sure. Judging by your response, I assume that what I am seeing is darker than the interiors should be?

Here is my modlist:

https://pastebin.com/wuFMJjaf

And here is the load order:

https://pastebin.com/EXyFTr0i

edit:

Just checked and I did install the STEP specific version of ELE, which only has the one .esp file, and there is no option in the JIT version of RS for darker interiors. Only Interiors/Exteriors/Interiors+Exteriors, and the DLC options. Also I am only using ENBoost atm. Wasn't intending to mess with presets, though I am open to the option if it will provide a better lighting solution for me.

Edited by aroth

STEP calls for the non-JIT version of RS. Not possible that would have any impact here, though. Looking at the pics again, that actually might be how it should look. ELE will be the mod that is altering the image spaces to provide a more realistic environment. I don't know of a mod that actually brightens the dungeons...they all darken them for realism. If it is too much for you, you can choose to skip ELE and reinstall the STEP Compilation in order to get the non-ELE patch.

STEP calls for the non-JIT version of RS. Not possible that would have any impact here, though. Looking at the pics again, that actually might be how it should look. ELE will be the mod that is altering the image spaces to provide a more realistic environment. I don't know of a mod that actually brightens the dungeons...they all darken them for realism. If it is too much for you, you can choose to skip ELE and reinstall the STEP Compilation in order to get the non-ELE patch.

I meant to say the non-JIT version, sorry. One of the things I tested while waiting on replies was to disable ELE and reinstall the STEP patch with the non-ELE option. The resulting lighting was much closer to what I expected (nearly identical to the screenshot I posted from the RS mod page).

From the sounds of it I will probably just go forward with that configuration, unless there is some reason I should not use RS without ELE.

This is the same room in my game:

Z3ioHAy.jpg

I set up the game using the current (2.2.9;2) STEP Extended guide, following the baseline suggestions for all mods. If somoene can show me a simple/easy way to export a mod list and/or load order from Mod Organizer I will get that for you as well.

I just compared in-game and this screenshot matches my STEP Extended profile.

• 1 month later...

MOD UPDATE

RS updated to v4.1, the no-JIT version.

Only includes Legendary with no other options, a simple .esp file archived in a 7zip folder.

Change log

- Made USLEP a master for RS, forwarded necessary records and used USLEP v3.7. 
- Fixed Dawnguard "quest light". 
- Added light bulbs to light sources reported in the bugs section. 
- Removed some light bulbs that had no light source to begin with. 
- Removed FormIDs. 
- Removed reported issues, with TES5Edit.

Edited by JawZ
  • +1 2