STEP v2.10.0 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

Finished STEP:Extended install and CTD immediately when opening inventory. It was fixed with Crash Fixes (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/?), might want to consider it.

Also according USLEEP's page Weapons and Armor Fixes is marked as obsolete. As for Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade I believe it is still incompatible with USLEEP (Try: player.additem 5abc3 1), might worth some more testing.

Once I installed the STEP Compilation at the end of the STEP Guide I got the famous black bars on candles, which I  think originate from Ruins Clutter Improved.

It could be, that I messed up the installation of another mod, resulting in this mess, but I read every instruction and in case of a FOMOD I double check all the options before installing.

It looks just like in this screenshot

https://rs756.pbsrc.com/albums/xx205/hatchback_01/20170304110810_1.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

PS This is not my screenshot, but the problem is the same

So far no major issues with my STEP:Extended installation i finished today. Ran 1-2hours around today just to test with Skyrim performance monitor running. Solid 50+ fps average.

quite happy, as i mostly took the higher quality options and was already afraid of too low fps and stutter. No ctd in normal play yet.

Thanks a lot. I might have some remarks concerning the step guide and some minor typos and stuff.

Once I installed the STEP Compilation at the end of the STEP Guide I got the famous black bars on candles, which I  think originate from Ruins Clutter Improved.

It could be, that I messed up the installation of another mod, resulting in this mess, but I read every instruction and in case of a FOMOD I double check all the options before installing.

It looks just like in this screenshot

https://rs756.pbsrc.com/albums/xx205/hatchback_01/20170304110810_1.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

PS This is not my screenshot, but the problem is the same

Some people have mentioned this as a potential issue with Ruins Clutter Improved, but I think it's more likely something in the guide wasn't installed quite right since you are the only one reporting this issue. You might start by running BethINI just to make sure your INI settings are correct and then reinstall Static Mesh Improvement Mod per the instructions in the guide. Unfortunately I don't know offhand which mod is providing this specific portion of the candle effect for the glazed candles (although it's probably in the STEP Compilation so reinstall it as well and make sure it installs the appropriate Core or Extended patch).

Some people have mentioned this as a potential issue with Ruins Clutter Improved, but I think it's more likely something in the guide wasn't installed quite right since you are the only one reporting this issue. You might start by running BethINI just to make sure your INI settings are correct and then reinstall Static Mesh Improvement Mod per the instructions in the guide. Unfortunately I don't know offhand which mod is providing this specific portion of the candle effect for the glazed candles (although it's probably in the STEP Compilation so reinstall it as well and make sure it installs the appropriate Core or Extended patch).

So I looked into it and the meshes for the glazed candles are in the STEP Compilation and they don't overwrite meshes in another mod from the STEP Guide, NifSkope shows me a texture path that leads to three textures which are provided by SMIM, these textures aren't overwriten either. Removing the meshes from the Compilation "fixes" the issue but gives me ugly vanilla meshes. I also refreshed my INI settings and followed the instructions for BethINI. still nothing worked. Help :(

I usually tested it in the Bannered Mare, I also tried Shriekwind Bastion.

I tried both versions of the compilation Core and Extended (Normal Res - 2.10.0a). No change.

I also just extracted the candle textures from RCI and put them manually into the mod directory of the compilation, which fixed it.

The Textures are:

\textures\dungeons\candles01.dds
\textures\dungeons\candles01_g.dds
\textures\dungeons\candles01_n.dds

These textures are in SMIM but they look different to the ones in RCI and don't work with RCIs meshes.

I usually tested it in the Bannered Mare, I also tried Shriekwind Bastion.

I tried both versions of the compilation Core and Extended (Normal Res - 2.10.0a). No change.

I also just extracted the candle textures from RCI and put them manually into the mod directory of the compilation, which fixed it.

The Textures are:

These textures are in SMIM but they look different to the ones in RCI and don't work with RCIs meshes.

Hmm...strange. I just tested it and mine are fine; no issues. Textures are being provided by STEP Compilation (overwriting the SMIM textures). I didn't find any meshes for these assets, though, so I'm assuming they are being provided by vanilla.

The meshes are:

\meshes\clutter\common\candlelanternwithcandle01.nif

\meshes\clutter\glazedcandles01.nif

\meshes\clutter\glazedcandlesstatic02.nif

They are from RCI and are provided by the STEP Compilation, though in my case the proper textures for these meshes as mentioned above are not, which originally left me with the wrong ones from SMIM.

I might try redownloading and reinstalling the compilation. Btw did you use the Normal Res version?

Edited by DreamerSteamer

Yes the meshes are in the compilation.

I did use "replace", just reinstalled it once more.

I just tried it only with LAL and the STEP Compilation as the only two mods active. Still the same issue.

And yes, the meshes

\meshes\clutter\common\candlelanternwithcandle01.nif

\meshes\clutter\glazedcandles01.nif

\meshes\clutter\glazedcandlesstatic02.nif

are in the Compilation, it is the textures that I am missing

Did you find these three textures in the STEP Compilation? Cause I didn't find them in the mod directory after the installation, I also looked through the archive by using 'manual' during the installtion and didn't find them in the Core Compilation directory where they should be.

I Just looked into the STEP Compilation Files.txt

candles01.dds       Ruins Clutter Improved    (not included, overwritten by SMIM)
candles01_g.dds    Ruins Clutter Improved    (not included, overwritten by SMIM)
candles01_n.dds    Ruins Clutter Improved    (not included, overwritten by SMIM)

So it looks like, they are indeed not included and that this is the way it should be "\/(o_O)\/"

Maybe I'm getting this wrong, but the STEP Compilation should be at the bottom, overwriting every other mod from the STEP Guide right?

It's not that anything is broken for me right now, I can add the missing textures manually from RCI, it's just really confusing and also a bit annoying. Also seems strange, that we are apparently doing the exact same thing and getting different results. I would really like to stick to STEP as my baseline for my setup, it just looks like, I'm doing something wrong.

Edited by DreamerSteamer

I, indeed, have those textures in my Compilation (using the High Res version). This is probably another issue of Ess doing the Normal Res version and I doing the High Res version. I have no idea why he would have chosen to keep the SMIM textures overs RCI because even before we incorporated RCI into the Compilation, we didn't have that combination (I just checked).

I'll have to reupload the Normal Res version. I'll do it this evening.

Just to cover all the bases while TechAngel straightens out the normal version of the STEP Compilation, did you hide these three textures in the Re-Defined Dungeons mod?

Textures/Dungeons/Candles01.dds
Textures/Dungeons/Candles01_n.dds
Textures/Dungeons/Candles01_g.dds