STEP v2.10.0 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

Just read this Stability Performance Optimization ENB Configuration - a Comprehensive Guide

2.Useful software and mod to stabilize Skyrim

Install Skyrim Project Optimization by rgabriel15, this mod use Occlusion Culling technique to improve fps and reduce stuttering in interior area, load it just before USLEEP.

Does Skyrim Project Optimization really need load before USLEEP?

Use LOOT sort result Skyrim Project Optimization load after USLEEP now.

Awesome work on the whole project and i like where it is going

Detected some problems with a few things i opened a new game.

I allways get Faendal as a follower to lvl up in riverwood and experienced some problems when i tried to switch to a standalone follower

Then i started another game and removed that follower before i started the game.

Tried to switch the follower from faendal to lydia and after a few tries got the same weird issue, the follower did no longer responded as it should on simple commands like do a task or follow ... lydia actually hardly followed me at all in some dungeons

Then i want to go towards markarth and guess what the wagon to markath kept saying enter the wagon while i had paid and sat in the wagon.

So it refused to move to the town i choose. So even a city i had been before was not working.

I also experience my game freezing when i am in battle or try to shoot with my bow at any target.

It really became nasty because i could not fight back and died several times because of these freezes.

I have a i6700k, 16 Gb ram, 16 Gb swap, running on a nvme ssd (2400 MB/s) with a gpu gtx 1070 graphics set at medium settings to make sure that is not the issue. Normally i can run the game at high without issues. I think i might be able to run even at ultra because i think this card can handle it.

But i had to test at lower settings to make sure its not the gpu messing up.

The issues even appear at low settings so thats 100% certain not the gpu

As far as I'm aware, there is nothing in STEP that touches the follower system or carts. Those issues sound like typical game engine oddities. I once lost Lydia and had just give up on her, but eventually ran across her walking around the path that leads to Bard's Leap Summit. When I checked for conflicts, I had nothing installed that touched Lydia but the UPs, which all they added was a cleanup script for when she dies. It was just the game engine gone wacky.

I believe the GTX 1070 should handle ultra settings, but the issues you are reporting seem to be unrelated to the low/medium/high settings. You may experience some stutters or perhaps even crashes if you're exceeding VRAM (the card's VRAM limit on Windows 7 or 4GB on Windows 8/8.1/10). You can use Skyrim Performance Monitor to check VRAM allocations. I doubt this is the issue, although I'm running Ultra settings on Windows 7 and haven't used Skyrim Performance Monitor to verify VRAM usage yet. Post a new topic in support and we'll see if we can help figure it out, although your first step should be to go back through the guide to verify every step was followed correctly.

STEP recommends the Performance Repack for High Quality Food and Ingredients, however the Raw Venison textures found in the Performance Repack have significant errors/artifacts. The main 'cumulative' file does not have this problem. Artifact examples seen below:

20qj4ao.jpg

o797on.jpg
ekbjl.jpg

Edited by Vlain

STEP recommends the Performance Repack for High Quality Food and Ingredients, however the Raw Venison textures found in the Performance Repack have significant errors/artifacts. The main 'cumulative' file does not have this problem. Artifact examples seen below:

20qj4ao.jpg

o797on.jpg
ekbjl.jpg

Just looked and it's the normal file. I've added a note to the mod page to hide that texture.

i7-4510u/AMD HD 8500m

Thanks, the reason I asked was to make sure our listed minimum requires are good enough. Unfortunately, that mobile card doesn't even meet the requirements for the base game, much less a modded one. Slowdowns would be expected here.

Thanks, the reason I asked was to make sure our listed minimum requires are good enough. Unfortunately, that mobile card doesn't even meet the requirements for the base game, much less a modded one. Slowdowns would be expected here.

I also experienced some slowdown, although haven't got time fiddling with it yet. I am not sure whether it is caused solely by Vivid Clouds and Fogs, but I noticed quite a substantial fps drop (10+) in the fog near the river at the Riverwood lumbermill. I don't know if this is "Groundfog" or some other kind of fog.

I also have a notebook (disgraceful to the PC master race, but it is better than my current desktop). It has:

Intel i5-6200U 2,3GHz w/ Turbo Boost up to 2,8GHz

GeForce 940MX 2GB GDDR5 VRAM

8GB DDR4 RAM

the game is on an HDD, because my SSD is small

I am not sure how can the desktop and mobile cards be compared. Would you say it is simply not sufficient enough or do I need every performance-friendly option available? Currently I've seen around 29-30 fps in my game, inside it was well over this (40+), but sometimes outside there was a drop, like in the fog.

However, how I already mentioned, I haven't had time trying a lot. I had to fix ILS & CTD, because my skse memory allocation patch was not taking effect (I needed -forcesteamloader arg) - could this fix repair some fps drops?