STEP v2.10.0 Official Bug Reports

TechAngel85

Tried installing Vivid Clouds and Fogs, as per step: core requirements, and per recommendations on your page. Opened Skyrim (via skse, of course) to ensure my game was still stable. Game wouldn't even get to the start option before CTD.

-EDIT- for those wondering, I know it was Vivid Clouds and Fogs, as I had previously tested stability and that was the only mod I installed between. Used LOOT as per guidelines.

Sounds like a missing master. Check your plugins tab in MO to see if you have any warning icons.

Vivid Clouds and Fogs

Lags during foggy/misty weather. FPS drops from a stable 55-60 FPS to 40 and 30 FPS at worst.
The FPS goes back to a stable 55-60 FPS when turning the mod off.
The FPS also goes back up after using the Clear Skies shout.

Graphic card: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (2gb vram).

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs)

edit: CPU specs

Edited by Blazeflow

Vivid Clouds and Fogs

Lags during foggy/misty weather. FPS drops from a stable 55-60 FPS to 40 and 30 FPS at worst.

The FPS goes back to a stable 55-60 FPS when turning the mod off.

The FPS also goes back up after using the Clear Skies shout.

Graphic card: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (2gb vram).

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs)

edit: CPU specs

Thanks for the report. It's going to be removed as a requirement from the next release.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, new user of the step process here.

Got some user feedback that might serve well for all parties. If the installer fails to find a requirement for core and/or extended that is needed, would it be possible for it to tell what plugin is missing or what the fault is? (I'm guessing the info is there as it can identify that something is missing)

So one can figure out what is needed for eligability without having to go through the very extensive list, and likely miss it, then bother some one here. For something that is likely regarded as a tivial issue.

I am currently in such a pickle and I can't say I'm excited for the trouble shooting I have to do considering the list of mods, though I'm betting it on being the missing masters of realistic water two that mod organizer is giving a warning for

Hi there, new user of the step process here.

Got some user feedback that might serve well for all parties. If the installer fails to find a requirement for core and/or extended that is needed, would it be possible for it to tell what plugin is missing or what the fault is? (I'm guessing the info is there as it can identify that something is missing)

To my knowledge, there is no way of coding that with just the FOMOD script.

Do remember that all the mods (including the patches) have their own topics here: https://forum.step-project.com/forum/9-step-mod-anthology/

The Patches topic is here and the OP lists the required plugins: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/9370-step-compilation/

• 2 weeks later...

I am using Vivid Weathers which includes Vivid Clouds and Fogs. However I cannot run the compliation installer when I've got Weathers enabled instead of Cloud and Fogs. Can I still safely disable Cloud and Fogs after I ran the compliation patches?

Relationship Dialogue Overhaul - RDO is missing all the options which you need to select during the wizard.

I'll have to look into it. Perhaps the mod updated.

I am using Vivid Weathers which includes Vivid Clouds and Fogs. However I cannot run the compliation installer when I've got Weathers enabled instead of Cloud and Fogs. Can I still safely disable Cloud and Fogs after I ran the compliation patches?

You'll have to remove Vivid Clouds and Fogs from the STEP Patch. It really never should have been added to the patch and will be removed from it for STEP 3.0.

Relationship Dialogue Overhaul - RDO is missing all the options which you need to select during the wizard.

Wait...if you're installing for STEP:Extended then you don't need to select any options. Just click "Next", select nothing else, and install the mod.

I expected something like: Select nothing during the install wizard with the Relationship Dialogue Overhaul on the wiki page. But there is only information about what to download from Nexus.

>You'll have to remove Vivid Clouds and Fogs from the STEP Patch.

How would someone do this?

Edited by Eagleman

By loading "STEP Extended Patch.esp" into xEdit and removing the Vivid Clouds and Fogs master file entry, and any associated records.

I expected something like: Select nothing during the install wizard with the Relationship Dialogue Overhaul on the wiki page. But there is only information about what to download from Nexus.

By loading "STEP Extended Patch.esp" into xEdit and removing the Vivid Clouds and Fogs master file entry, and any associated records.

There's actually a script you can run to help you do this. Instructions are not provided because doing that is beyond the scope of STEP. However, just google it. You'll find your answer with a bit of searching.

For now, just skip the Farmhouse textures. The textures you'll be left with are still good.

Maybe we could put this info on the guide? I had to search for nearly 2 hours to find your post that says "skip it." Something that simple and obvious should be trivial to add to the guide page. I know I'm not the only one who had trouble finding this info.

All of the following mods can be configured with the mod configuration wizard in-game:

Auto Unequip Ammo

Burn Freeze Shock Effects
Come together N Out of the way
Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade 
Convenient Horses
Dual Sheath Redux
Dual Wield Parrying
ESF - The Companions Guild
Enhanced Blood Textures
Footprints
Immersive Citizens-AI Overhaul
Immersive HUD
Lanterns Of Skyrim
Lightning During Thunder Storms
Lock Overhaul
MoreHUD
Not So Fast - Mage Guild
Not So Fast-Main Quest
SkyUI
Thieves Guild Requirements
Trade and Barter
Viewable Faction Ranks
Wet and Cold
Wonders of Weather
XPMS Extended

While only the following mods have configuration comments on the wiki:

Auto Unequip Ammo

Dual Wield Parrying
Lanterns Of Skyrim
Lightning During Thunder Storms
Lock Overhaul

On the wiki at: Mod Configuration Menu Settings. is it supposed to contain all these mods with their settings or only the mods that currently have configuration?

All of the following mods can be configured with the mod configuration wizard in-game:

While only the following mods have configuration comments on the wiki:

On the wiki at: Mod Configuration Menu Settings. is it supposed to contain all these mods with their settings or only the mods that currently have configuration?

No, it contains what it contains. We simply have never provided suggestions for those mods. Set them up however you wish.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

It's not a bug, but I think these situations have other motives besides HDD or SSD:

• In the first case (typically slower drives such as HDDs), the Dragonborn.esm is now no longer in the data directory.

This happens if you backup copying the .esm and not cutting it. It will backup the .esm to the xEditBackup in the Overwrite directory of MO and put the modded .esm in the Overwrite root directory.

• In the second case (typically faster drives such as SSDs), a cleaned Dragonborn.esm is now in the data directory (compare the filesize to your backup of Dragonborn.esm to verify that it has been cleaned--it should be smaller).

This happens if you backup cutting the .esm and not copying it. Since there isn't anything to overwrite, the modded .esm will be put inside the Data directory and the backup in the xEditBackup in the Overwrite directory of MO.

Hope this helps.