SSE - FNIS not finding any other animations

Wodenedow

Question

I have FNIS working fine in MO2 with SSE with one small but very critical exception:

FNIS never finds any additional animations.

I am using PCA (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3761/?) so there SHOULD be something there to find.

My base directory is not the install directory for MO2.

I also have it set to put Output to a specific mod instead of overwrite, but it fails to do that as well (this not the cause of the above issue, above issue existed before I started trying to put output directly to a mod "FNIS Output" instead of overwrite).

If there is any info I can give to help figure out what is going on please let me know.

FNIS Output:

FNIS Behavior V7.0   3/9/2017 11:43:42 AM
Skyrim SE: 1.4.2.0 - E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations"
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"

Reading FNISSpells V5.0.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 9 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading FNISBase V7.0 ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...
 1 GENDER modifications for Animations\male
 17 GENDER modifications for Animations\female
Alternate Animation mods: 0 sets: 0 total groups: 0 added file slots: 0 alternate files: 0

Creature Pack not installed

94 animations for 2 mods successfully included (character)

2 answers to this question

If you're basing you assertion on the fact that FNIS doesn't specifically mention PCA in the list of mods in its dialogue then you may be surprised to know it doesn't do that in old Skyrim either.

PCA just supplies a lot of meshes for use by the game which you can see are in use if you open the "Data" tab and check through the list of meshes.

So if PCA is used that mod is replacing vanilla meshes which FNIS will use when you run that tool.