NVIDIA Inspector

i don't have Optimus with my GTX560 M . Can you tell me more about you Vsync tweak you use ? Like the FPS limiter in Nvidia inspector, what is the value used for the limiter ? 30 FPS ?

Vsync can lower my FPS ? or triple buffering ?

I have some micro stuter , even with Vanilla game without ENBoost or SKSE . That strange ... if y just move without use my mouse, there is no real probléme, but when i look around, i can see some micro stuter. The probléme can be from my mouse ?

i don't have Optimus with my GTX560 M . Can you tell me more about you Vsync tweak you use ? Like the FPS limiter in Nvidia inspector, what is the value used for the limiter ? 30 FPS ?

Vsync can lower my FPS ? or triple buffering ?

I have some micro stuter , even with Vanilla game without ENBoost or SKSE . That strange ... if y just move without use my mouse, there is no real probléme, but when i look around, i can see some micro stuter. The probléme can be from my mouse ?

I rather think that might be if you did not optimize the Vanilla textures with DDSopt-Guide. Microstutters can be because of tweaking heavely your .ini's, too.

60 fps is the limit usually, because over 60 the Skyrim engine gets troubled. But if your system never goes over 60 fps anyway, do not use the fps-limiter, it's for high-end graphic cards, i believe. If you use VSync=true in your enblocal.ini, disable it (or set it to application-controlled) in the driver profile (make sure, it's off in your Skyrim launcher too). I can say, the VSync over enblocal.ini is performance-wise better, on my system.

Triple buffer is off in my profile. Basically, I adapted the .ini settings from STEP 2.2.8 (including Enboost/enblocal.ini) and I have in the Skyrim Steam Launcher everything off (FXAA, VSync, and AO and AA). In my Driver's Skyrim Profile these things are on application-controlled and the .ini settings controls them. Rest (advanced tab in launcher) is set according to what my Ghraphic card performance is (some stuff on high, some on Ultra), Water reflects everything which looks nice ingame, might has some performance impact. I go fine with this.

You'll have to try out a bit, i guess. Maybe start with pristine .ini-files (backup the ones you have now) and implement one by one (or line by line) your old tweaks to figure out, if one of them was the cause of microstutter ingame. Can't go wrong with STEP .ini settings, as far my experience goes.

As for ingame imagespace improvements, I am quite happy with RLO (Interiors/Dungeons only) - Skyrim Project Optimization for performance-increase (No Homes version) - Climates of Tamriel - LoS Lanterns of Skyrim (preset 2 for CoT, LoS 'cuz i hate pitch-black nights, but i don't like too bright ones either...) and Pure Waters. I do not use ENB since my GPU is kind of limited and i rather install some nice texture packs.

My GPU: GTX 550 Ti, 1GB VRAM

Running a Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit, i-5 @ 3.5 GhZ, 8GB RAM

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In the guide introduction, you have a link to Orbmu2k, presume this used to be the site the download was on ..

The site is up for sale, so the link is dead

I dont know if he has moved to another site, but it can also be grabbed from guru3d ..

www.guru3d.com/files_details/nvidia_inspector_download.html

‎

Thanks.

It was just a link to the author's website out of respect. The download for Inspector is on the next page. I've fixed the link though and removed the external link to "the definitive Guide" because we should not be linking to external guides, but rather improving our own if it's insufficient. Besides, I used that "guide" as a reference when I originally overhauled our Inspector Guide.

• 2 months later...

Techangel, please don't shoot me b/c I'm soooo annoying :D  One can not learn without asking questions.  It says in the guide: 

Anisotropic filtering mode Anisotropic filtering is a texture filtering technique that improves clarity of textures when those textures are viewed at an angle such as when walking down a path or viewing water from the shore. It is recommended to force AF through the drivers. When doing this, turn off anisotropic filtering on the Skyrim launcher. The recommended setting to force anisotropic filtering is User-defined / Off.  

My dumb question is: If setting this to user-defined /off in Nvida Inspector, how do you force it through the driver? I'm thinking this IS forcing it through the driver, just the verbiage is throwing me off, and if I'm wrong, please correct me.  Thanks.

• 4 months later...

Hello there, sorry if this is not the right place to post this but maybe someone can help.

My old graphics card "died" so I bought a brand new one and installed it. The problem is that I did a clean driver installation and I forgot to backup my customized NVIDIA Inspector profile settings, so I lost them all... yes, my bad :'( . Well, the good news is that I have a recent full backup of my hard drive so it should be possible to recover my old profiles from there; they have to be stored somewhere, right? but I don't know what to do. Can somebody help me please?

Edited by z929669

The profiles for Nvidia used to be stored in an XML file; however, they've moved on from that a few years back. They are now integrated into the API from what I understand. If you've exported them using Inspector, the default location of the exported profiles is in the Inspector folder. You can import them again using Inspector. If you didn't export them, I don't know of any way to retrieve the profile from the Control Panel itself.  Searching on Google will be your best bet if you didn't export the profiles using Inspector.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone mess around with "Vertical Sync Smooth AFR behavior"?  I haven't spent a lot of time messing with it, but I just tried it out for a few minutes and it "seemed" like it smoothed out a lot of spots in the game that normally get very microstuttery.  On the other hand, areas that don't normally get microstuttery seemed like they may have not been quite as smooth.  Overall, I thought maybe what was occurring was it was moderating stutter and smooth motion so that motion wasn't as smooth when it normally is smoother and stutter wasn't as bad when it normally is more jarring.  I guess that kind of fits the description though?  Anyway, seemed like it overall produced a more smoother gameplay experience... but of course, that was just a quick observance of it without really doing any "good" analysis of the average FPS or anything.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

I ended up disabling it, because when I looked it up online it sounds like it was designed for coordinating vsync rates (or something like that) for multiple graphics cards in SLI rather than to be used for just 1 card.

Edited by oqhansoloqo