.fomod based mods not installing through most recent version of Mod Organizer (v2.0.8.3)

subshadow

Question

Although this doesn't pertain to Fallout 4 or SkyrimSE, it does have to do with the updated version of MO, not the last version TanninOne released.

I recently attempted to mod Fallout New Vegas using the 2.0.7 build and discovered that I was unable to download files using the "Download with Manager" link on the nexus, this was because the 2.0.7 build was requesting nxm links from nexusmods.com/FalloutNV/ instead of nexusmods.com/newvegas/ (similar to how it was requesting Special Edition nxm downloads from /SkyrimSE/ instead of /skyrimspecialedition/). Thankfully, this was addressed in the updated version LePresidente released on the SE nexus.  However, I found I was unable to open fomod based installers through any versions released by LePresidente. It could very well be something on my end that is preventing it, however, I have been troubleshooting and researching the issue the past couple of days and was unable to find a solution. So far I have disabled my anti-virus (BitDefender), completely uninstalled all instances of Mod Organizer from my system and reinstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled New Vegas, made sure I had full permissionary access to the files on my computer, launched as administrator and normally, checked to see if my .NET framework was up to date (however I don't think that is the issue), and tried previous versions of Mod Organizer.

I found that 2.0.7 could run .fomod installers fine, but all subsequent versions of Mod Organizer have had visible errors when installing a fomod file, or will just not do anything when double clicking to install, which is the case only with the most up to date version (2.0.8.3). I don't normally ask for assistance on these matters and try to solve the issues myself, but I'm at my witts end with this. The easy solution would to just install NMM or FOMM, but Mod Organizer is such a superior program with flexibility that the aforementioned managers don't have and avoids the mess that would accompany said options.

tl;dr

Most recent version of MO won't open fomod installers. Help me please.

2 answers to this question

Welcome to STEP @subshadow

As these new versions are still very much in beta @LePresidente has instructed that all issues should be posted in the GitHub issue tracker.

If previous versions of the MO2 build were working for you and you do not wish to provide details to him, I suggest returning to one of those versions.

If you are able to provide details via GitHub please be sure to include information about the mods you are trying to install. Fomods come in 2 styles, C# & XML. I'm assuming the mod in question was using a C# style fomod as they are more problematic for MO2.

Thanks for the reply, I was unaware that LePresidente wanted issues to be reported to the GitHub. I don't really know a whole lot about C# or XML, or how to identify which style the mod in question is, however it's not isolated to one mod but a multitude of different fomod based files (all I ahve tried so far to be specific). I would like to try and resolve the issue if possible so I will go ahead and post to the issue tracker on GitHub. Thank you again for your assistance.