DynDOLOD not activating.

Razcal

Question

I have DynDOLOD.esp plugin activated, I followed GamerPoets Start to Finish video to the letter, However I cannot get DynDOLOD to activate. The option is greyed out, and there's no way to activate it.

I installed it the way the video showed to install with Open Cities, The only difference was the Output folder with the .esp file did not have the SKSE folder that the gamerpoets had in his video.

I am not sure if that is needed to activate DynDOLOD . Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you

9 answers to this question

I have DynDOLOD.esp plugin activated, I followed GamerPoets Start to Finish video to the letter, However I cannot get DynDOLOD to activate. The option is greyed out, and there's no way to activate it.

I installed it the way the video showed to install with Open Cities, The only difference was the Output folder with the .esp file did not have the SKSE folder that the gamerpoets had in his video.

I am not sure if that is needed to activate DynDOLOD . Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you

If there is no SKSE folder there is no dynamic LOD to activate. If there is no SKSE folder it is probably because "Generate DynDOLOD" was not checked.

I suggest to really read the manual and to really watch the gamerpoets video for specific instructions for Open Cities Skyrim. You probably didn't do the 2 pass LOD generation correctly.

Alright got it. I watched and read the video again, I got the SKSE folder, I guess i didn't click the generate DynDOLOD the first time around although i remember doing so. Weird.. however still cannot activate it,(I'm just starting new games through live another life because its inside and hoping it will let me activate), I believe its the same problem someone you helped a year ago had, But your solution to him was for MO and I have NMM and I'm not sure how to translate your instructions to NMM. Your instructions were: 

"I suppose the new papyrus scripts are not in the correct location and it still loads the old ones.

When you installed DynDOLOD the first time, those old DynDOLOD papyrus scripts will not be in the PayrusUtil mod folder but the DynDOLOD mod folder (whatever you named it) together with the LOD source meshes and textures. Those are the ones that should be overwritten by the new ones.
Use MOs right window Data tab to verify which mod folder (second column "Mod") the SHESON _ DynDOLOD _ *.pex files come from in the unfolded [+] Scripts folder."

Thanks for your help. 

At this point I cannot even go outside anymore lol, Soon as i try it either gives me an infinite loading screen or just a black screen.. I'm just going to uninstall everything and try again. I goofed up hard somewhere. =/ 

Alright got it. I watched and read the video again, I got the SKSE folder, I guess i didn't click the generate DynDOLOD the first time around although i remember doing so. Weird.. however still cannot activate it,(I'm just starting new games through live another life because its inside and hoping it will let me activate), I believe its the same problem someone you helped a year ago had, But your solution to him was for MO and I have NMM and I'm not sure how to translate your instructions to NMM. Your instructions were: 

"I suppose the new papyrus scripts are not in the correct location and it still loads the old ones.

When you installed DynDOLOD the first time, those old DynDOLOD papyrus scripts will not be in the PayrusUtil mod folder but the DynDOLOD mod folder (whatever you named it) together with the LOD source meshes and textures. Those are the ones that should be overwritten by the new ones.
Use MOs right window Data tab to verify which mod folder (second column "Mod") the SHESON _ DynDOLOD _ *.pex files come from in the unfolded [+] Scripts folder."

Thanks for your help. 

DynDOLO can not be activated in interiors since they have no LOD. I urge you to read the included manual and watch the gamerpoets video.

At this point I cannot even go outside anymore lol, Soon as i try it either gives me an infinite loading screen or just a black screen.. I'm just going to uninstall everything and try again. I goofed up hard somewhere. =/

FAQ: Skyrim: ILS or CTD

DynDOLOD is meant for enthusiast modders who are familiar with using TES5Edit. Enthusiast modders have a general knowledge of computers, folders and files, especially Skyrims 'Data' folders and how to install mods safely with a manager or manually. Enthusiast modders can read manuals and FAQs, can post questions on a forum where they get qualified support from the creators of the tools, use the memory patch build into SKSE, verified it works with memory blocks log and already submitted their firstborn.

Hi, i have succesfully created the outputs and installed these via nmm, the gameworld looks stunning already,

However in the skyUI dyndolod active box is *unchecked*

I have read in this post this is because i forgot the generate dyndolod?

If this is correct, can I update dyndolod with this "generate dyndolod" without having to remove the existing output?

if this is not correct, if you will provide me with how to activate dyndolod.

thanks in advance

Hi, i have succesfully created the outputs and installed these via nmm, the gameworld looks stunning already,

However in the skyUI dyndolod active box is *unchecked*

I have read in this post this is because i forgot the generate dyndolod?

If this is correct, can I update dyndolod with this "generate dyndolod" without having to remove the existing output?

if this is not correct, if you will provide me with how to activate dyndolod.

thanks in advance

If the check box "Generate DynDOLOD" is not check, no Dynamic LOD data is generated for any worldspace and it can not be Active in any worldspace.

You can try unchecking "Generate static LOD" and "Generate tree LOD" and only check "Generate DynDOLOD" and merge the output to maybe save some time.

For me the "DynDOLOD is Active" option in game is grayed out I can't activate it, is it also because it has no LOD as well? but I thought I followed the Gamerpoets video and generated both TexGen and DynDOLOD. I also installed the SKSE from him, and installed+generated xLODGen following outdated TV. The only thing I don't have is RaceMenu and xEdit, are they important? I've installed some visual and texture mods from Nariva TV, I launch the game and only some of them work I think, but when nigth came it's very dark I can barely see, that's probably because the DynDOLOD is not activated and I can't, that's why I'm here. Is there a way I can share you my screen of MO2? if not how can I explain to you more? or any advice?

Edited by ShadowSam

1 hour ago, ShadowSam said:

For me the "DynDOLOD is Active" option in game is grayed out I can't activate it, is it also because it has no LOD as well? but I thought I followed the Gamerpoets video and generated both TexGen and DynDOLOD. I also installed the SKSE from him, and installed+generated xLODGen following outdated TV. The only thing I don't have is RaceMenu and xEdit, are they important? I've installed some visual and texture mods from Nariva TV, I launch the game and only some of them work I think, but when nigth came it's very dark I can barely see, that's probably because the DynDOLOD is not activated and I can't, that's why I'm here. Is there a way I can share you my screen of MO2? if not how can I explain to you more? or any advice?

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum. In particular https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Use-the-Latest-Versions

In case the problem persists make a proper help post as explained in above link and first post of  https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-114/page/466/#comment-269524