Mod Organizer 2 Development Status

LePresidente

Question

Hi, Just thought i would place this here kinda to give feedback on what the current status is and Items that I simply don't have the skills to fix.

Latest Release:

2.0.8.3b - https://github.com/LePresidente/modorganizer/releases/tag/v2.0.8.3b

Items Requiring a C++ Developer (Things I can't fix):

These fixed themselves (Shrugs)

Profiles:

Custom profile locations are  currently not supported, Please either use portable or the %appdata% locations for now, I'm planning on adding a new option when creating the profiles called "Custom Location" that will create everything in the location and setup all the internal settings correctly.

Games Supported:

Currently due to time restraints I will be looking at only fixing the SkyrimSE and fallout4 bugs, Please use MO1 for the others if MO2 has issues with those games.

*Note on the silence up till now*

Sorry for the long delay there was work happening in the background, And I kinda went into radio silence since a few of us were stumped by the memory issues, Should be a Test release here soon as well once we are sure it will work as expected. I was against making any claims until now due to that people were comparing my "quick fixes" to Tannins work as a whole which is not fair to tannin's great contributions or myself for just getting things compiling in general. So I have waited for some sort of testing to take place and the project to get some momentum. 

Fixes coming in 2.1.0

1. Building with VS2015 and QT5.9.1
  2. All memory bugs have gone by magic (I'm serious no idea how, Using Qt's Binary install has helped)
  3. ESL support has been done by Helidoc and Silarn [WIP
  4. Tutorials are back and working and updated (Thanks to Silarn)
  5. Few null exceptions are caught now, So no more hard crashes due to firewall/network issues
  6. sort button uses the new loot api that supports esl
  7. A few SkyrimSE/Fallout4 fixes (e.g fallout4 mods don't deselect anymore after running loot)
  8. Local profiles and saves are working, Though tester has notified us disabling local profiles doesn't work so still [WIP]

Issues in 2.1.0

No issues in latest test build

You can find the test builds on discord in the testers channel.

No wix installer yet though I have been slacking

**** Updates to come ****

Edited by LePresidente
  • +1 7

Considering this place has been dead for some time I'm going to do a small report on the latest news:

Links:
MO2 bugs report mostly for more advanced users: https://github.com/Modorganizer2/modorganizer/issues
MO2 Discord the best place to get support fast and not only on MO2 related problems, good for both noobs and advanced users: https://discord.gg/tjvukjU

The ModOrganizer 2 team is always looking for new developers if you have the time or are interested please considering helping the project!

Now to the latest news report:

Latest official version: 2.1.5

[spoiler=New Features and Improvements]Added "enable selected" and "disable selected" to plugin list context menu
Added "enable selected" and "disable selected" to mod list context menu
Allowed the user to cancel launching an executable when VFS mapping is canceled
Prevented the user from deleting the currently active profile
Added detection of errors when writing downloads to disk (e.g., out of space), notify the user, and cancel the download to prevent corruption and crashes
Allowed stylesheets to modify toolbar widgets
Added "Open File" to downloads context menu (thanks, Freso!)
Updated included Paper themes by 6780-00/Kob to version 3.0.1
Modified dark and dracula themes to show colors on downloads text
Modified dracula theme to better distinguish disabled options (thanks, Kob!)
Allowed python plugins to be an IPlugin object
Added "mwse" to the list of top level directories (thanks, NullCascade!)

Modified mod/plugin load order backups to list from newest to oldest

[spoiler=Fixes:]Fixed included Paper Dark 3.0.1 theme for disabled menu items (introduced in Dev Build 1)
Fixed plugin sort button for Skyrim VR
Fixed endorsement of newly downloads mods (broken in 2.1.4)
Fixed selecting the active profile when opening the profiles dialog
Fixed the file category (main, update, etc.) when manually querying info
Fixed capitalization of "Open in Explorer" in the mod list context menu (thanks, Freso!)
Fixed possible crash during write to disk error

All unofficial releases are posted into the Discord server in the #builds channel, USE ONLY FOR TESTING, ask for information before downloading!

Latest Stable build: 2.1.6 Dev Build 2 (Safe to use)

[spoiler=Fixes and improvments:]Fix for nxmhandler.exe crashing
Updated libraries (lz4, pyQt, Python, SIP, Qt) (should be the same as 2.2.0 now)
*** Note: Python was updated from 2.7.14 to 3.7.0. Any and all python plugins will need to be updated accordingly!
Morrowind: Fixed local game settings and local game savesAdded arguments to nxmhandler.exe to allow compatibility with Vortex, et al.
Added ModGroups contents icon and flag

Latest unstable Build: 2.2.0 Dev Build 4 (Experimental build for Archive conflicts)

[spoiler=Known Issues:]Opening and closing a mod Information dialog messes up conflicts until a refresh is triggered (press F5).

Wrong default right Tab

[spoiler=Changes:]added the ability to parse and show conflicts with Archives.
added a button to hide files from archives in Data Tab
added a button to disable the archive related features

Edited by Project579

As a random question - many guides now make use of 'sections' of mods - IE, mods all in a particular vein. Is there any possibility of being able to create 'Headers' in the mod list as an actual object, as opposed to creating an empty mod instead? The latter works (sorta), but are really easy to lose in the lists, as they look just like any other mod.

If BodySlide does not generate new files, it will overwrite the old ones, in case this is not the desired behavior bodyslide has the ability to output the generated meshes into a folder by pressing CTRL before pressing Batch Build.