Building references and conflict resolution

tjax323

Question

Just a quick question. Holding down shift when loading plug-ins I know will load everything a lot faster by doing so without building references. To quote Peter King, I think I think this is an important thing to do for conflict resolution. It takes a bit of time when constantly loading xEdit over and over while doing this, so it occurs to me to ask rather than assume. How important is it to load reference for conflict resolution? Also, generally speaking how would one take advantage of building references? Just find myself wondering as use this awesome tool.

Note: I've never done it without building references, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Edited by tjax323

2 answers to this question

The only reason you need to build references is if you need to access the "Referenced by" tab on a record (which tells you which records reference that record), OR you are going to run a script which needs to access that tab.  Conflict resolution generally does not require this.

• +1 1