wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

• 4 weeks later...

What do you mean "Vivid Weather will be depreciated in VERSION 2.2.0"?

Should I not install it?

Is there a new version?

Also there in no NAC for PCR file, I dont know what to do.

Please help!

Edited by GNinja89

@GNinja89

I've not touched the guide for a while.

But..

I removed Weather mods and Lighting as people were using different ones and combos and they are special in them selves (So many complaints)

i.e. should really mix them unless you are looking for an effect so Stick to one type

so

sound Mod-->lighting Mod--> weather Mod

Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply. I am sure I will work it out.

On another note, im reluctant to install weaponsmith extended because it looks like an absolute chore and I dont even want half the weapons. However, I do want everything else, but it says it is core.

If I skip it and install everything else will it all work?

Just wanted to say, thanks for the guide, Gernash. I'm in the process of implementing it currently. While I'm not even halfway done after several days, for once I feel like I have a direction that I'm going in, as opposed to my previous "throw a bunch of mods together and hope they don't explode" strategy.

That being said, I was hoping to get an idea of if you're still working on this at this point. I didn't see anything within the last month that could give me a good idea about this, so I was hoping to hear it from you.

Once again, thank you!

@GreenGhost21

I have not been doing very much in relation with the guide. The patches will be out of date in relation to Armorkeywords etc.

I've been waiting on a couple of things

• The newer versions of MO2 for use with SkyrimSE and FO4  also VORTX.
  • Update to the S.T.E.P Wiki Server as I dont want to rewrite code bits again as the old stuff hurt my brain.

Basically I'll have to reset My mods in MO2 to update the wiki due to all the expermenting I've been doing, and If I do that, then, I'll alter the mods slightls as I made a couple of Combat oriented loadouts for friends and they are very entertaining (NON WSE)

I think I'll have a dream and see if I can create some base mod groups and patches with How to Videos/Guides as that may be more enduring than Pssst! HEAYGUY... INSTALL THIS TEE HEE and If I dont keep updating then then it's not as seemless as it should be

But That will be a another headake in itself. (And only usefull to a few who like to fiddle)

I know the Site get heaps of hits, I'm assuming (from past comments) people are just referencing the modlist rather than use of the patches. So maybe an overview of patch groups and Controller mods(They are ones that drastically alter the game and others are there to just enhance them i.e. AWKCR, raider Overhaul etc )

No Idea Just rambling....Basically IT's not abandoned just Out of date.

It is definatel out of date, sorry to rain on the parade but wearable backpacks and pouches cant be installed with MO2 and it is a dependancy for the core patch. The installation of some mods like WSE is convaluted and ill explained, but you need it. There are various mistakes oversights, and a lack of explanation, i feel, on key points. Many mods have updated and have different files (not Gernash's fault obviously).

2 other things i must note. The half constructed guide is the first one that shows up on google, it sould really be removed. Second, your suggested load order is wrong, you have masters loading after there dependancies.

Problem I have is that I cant install all the core mods (as I said some dont work) I also cant install the core patches, and I been skipping patches on pages because I was told to. Now I have to manually search for patches just to make this work.

I would advise people with an updated note that this guide should only be taken as a general guideline at best until it is updated.

Sorry to be so negative, I thought I had found the one, 3 days later im in the situation I was trying to avoid by using a guide.

@Gninja89

The half constructed guide is the first one that shows up on google

What's this about? what are you searching

WSE installation was for "that version" it's changed since I wrote it.

PAtches will not work unless I update them as they are version specific and can only be used as a guide for overwriting if you make your own patches Atm (as there is many hours of time saving in them)

The last time I looked/updated at it was 6/12/2017 almost 5 months ago so all good to the negative part unless I update it weekly it will always be a resource/guide for fiddlers

and a lack of explanation

this is where it's hard as I can write volumes or just do this is it a guide or a resource. I'm not sure and this is why I'm still procrastinating about it's future direction.

Side note it's almost 2 years old... was supprised when I looked/

Just checked back, and I just wanted to say: Oof.

I was hoping to have a straightforward working-right-from-the-start modlist, but from what you're saying, this one isn't going to cut it at this moment.

I guess I'll shove this stuff aside in the meantime and look elsewhere then. The main thing that drew me to this in the first place was the inclusion of WSE as an option, but I guess I'll just have to throw it in haphazardly to something else.

But I do hear you, Gernash. While it is disappointing to hear that it's inactive, I totally understand your reasons for not updating it at this time. Thank you for your response.

And thank you, Gninja89 for your forewarning about this. I'll have to start over, although I am not looking forward to it.

Aww man...came back hoping maybe it would have been updated by now, but still no luck. That makes me a sad panda. Has anyone found any other decent mod list guides that incorporate WSE? I've found one decent, working guide, but his system is kind of weak, and the list is built as such. No WSE, and several other things that I'd like to try. I'll keep checking back. Glad to see that you're at least still alive, Gernash, and here's hoping you find time/reason to update it soon. Cheers.