Beards (by Hvergelmir)

Jorus

Beards update WIP

Posted Image

More info here.

Look at this quality ! It almost looks like my own beard :). All your vanilla retextures are a true inspiration. They reveal your usual attention to details, stay in line with Bethesda's artistic direction and show a very high (and rare) quality of execution. Yea I just love your work. Keep them up coming !

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scissored from Beards News on Skyrim Nexus

Posted Image

Hi Nexus,

Beards has finally been updated with some drastic changes. First and foremost all retextures has been repainted from scratch to get a much better and more realistic appearance - now beards look near photo realistic.

Second Beards.esp has been remade from scratch with a few added beard styles still lacking from previous versions. They weren't added previously because they were considered of less importance, but now they're available should you ever want to use them.

Many of the complaints and issues people reported to me has been sorted out. While it is impossible to not get some mirror effect on the chin area of beards (namely the non full beard styles) it is now much less obvious and better seamed together. Mustache area has also been improved and looks fuller and much better. This should be good news to those that complained about that previously.

If you're one of those that looked at the screenshots previously (or actually tried out Beards in game) and for whatever reason decided to not download / use it there is no longer any excuse not to do so. Beards has been perfected and really compliments the vanilla appearance while now actually looking photo realistic. It's almost like a completely new mod.

Enjoy!

Posted Image Posted Image

Beards has finally been updated and is now looking better than ever. Whatever reasons there were before to not recommend Beards in S.T.E.P should have been completely eliminated.

Cos I think the majority here uses yours anways :)

And like them ^^

I don't think a majority here on S.T.E.P use my beard textures. The current version/change log of S.T.E.P (as far as I understand) favors HQ Beards over previous Beards version, so I assume users of S.T.E.P would install that instead as if they didn't know any better. Therefore I'm curious as to what 'judgment' will be put on the latest version of Beards as it - surprisingly - was less favored than HQ beards. Beards may now be the more favored beard texture on Nexus (even the HQ Beards author is an active user), but that is not really the point...

Cos I think the majority here uses yours anways :)

And like them ^^

I don't think a majority here on S.T.E.P use my beard textures. The current version/change log of S.T.E.P (as far as I understand) favors HQ Beards over previous Beards version, so I assume users of S.T.E.P would install that instead as if they didn't know any better. Therefore I'm curious as to what 'judgment' will be put on the latest version of Beards as it - surprisingly - was less favored than HQ beards. Beards may now be the more favored beard texture on Nexus (even the HQ Beards author is an active user), but that is not really the point...

That was decided by the STEP team, I think most other users from around this forum use your textures. They're even listed in the Skyrim Revisited guide by Neovalen. Any textures bugs have been corrected, as far as I can tell, and I'd be glad if STEP finally switched over to the (subjectively) superior textures.

That was decided by the STEP team, I think most other users from around this forum use your textures. They're even listed in the Skyrim Revisited guide by Neovalen. Any textures bugs have been corrected, as far as I can tell, and I'd be glad if STEP finally switched over to the (subjectively) superior textures.

But that is it - subjectively.

I personally think my textures now not only look better in the texture files, but also in game with all previous issues/concerns corrected - as far as I am concerned my work is polished to be near perfect (with a few things I could probably do better, but better off left alone for now). I also thought so before, but there was a few concerned users with some issues...

I fully and completely understand the subjective opinions and favors of one texture pack over another, but when obvious "superior" craftmanship/texture work is less favored by multiple users for an enhancement guide like S.T.E.P I get a tiny bit concerned. But I take that as constructive criticism.

It wasn't because of S.T.E.P though I decided to update my work and improve my textures. I wasn't completely satisfied with my work yet so that was already planned long before. S.T.E.P can pick whatever mod over mine they want - even if I don't agree, I may just get a bit concerned. I just take it, like I said before, some of the best constructive criticism I can get. As for who favor what textures is completely subjective.

Your textures are the best.

STEP have HQ Beards listed because when that version of STEP was made your textures are not even out yet. They will not change previous versions of STEP.

They will include your mod in next version of STEP, if not in the next one because maybe already closed, for sure the next after that. :)

STEP have HQ Beards listed because when that version of STEP was made your textures are not even out yet. They will not change previous versions of STEP.

They will include your mod in next version of STEP, if not in the next one because maybe already closed, for sure the next after that. :)

Not really what I asked for. I am aware that HQ Beards and HQ Brows are included in the current release of S.T.E.P for that logical reason.

I am also aware that most favor my textures over those mods, but even when with the release of Beards which quickly became more favored than HQ Beards on Skyrim Nexus S.T.E.P still decided to keep HQ Beards. I asked for reconsideration with the latest version of Beards now that some of the concerns with the previous version should have been sorted out.

EDIT:

Unfortunately rpsgc's comparison screenshots does either mod much justice. :/

Nope, it was rejected for the next STEP 2.2.1 release by quite a few STEP team members.

Well the only reason I see to reject yours mod is because of the lack of a equal nice hair mode. What does not make any justice to your mod IMO.

IMO, with the new hair meshes and the AOF hair textures, the hair doesn't look so bad to go with the new beards and brows.

Unfortunately all I can give is my support towards see your mod in STEP.