Mod Picker (by the Mod Picker Team)

Mator

So I found the WATER mod page that I'm the co-author of and I see no way to edit the page. I am going to say that answer was, "no". It does not automatically add co-authors as curators or as co-authors to the mod pages on Mod Picker.

Per the page I linked:

If you are the original uploader of a mod on Nexus Mods, Steam Workshop, or Lover's Lab that is listed on Mod Picker you can gain automatic authorship

If you aren't the uploader we cannot grant automatic authorship because there is no way for us to automatically determine what Nexus Mods user account(s) have been given access to edit a mod page. If you know of a some kind of hidden Nexus API call we could use to determine who has been given access to the Nexus Mods page I'd be willing to look into incorporating that into our automatic authorship system, but to my knowledge no such route exists.

That is not a bad idea. If a user just needs to get the mod up, they can do so without much fuss. This would still create some re-work from either staff, authors, or curators so that is the trade-off.

Yeah, it could create some work. The main concern I have is IF users are able to use dummy masters they will ALWAYS do so without fail. This could become a problem if users would have gone to the trouble of acquiring the mods that have the master plugins if they didn't have the dummy masters option. On the other hand, it could get more mods submitted to Mod Picker faster (because it'd be easier to submit mods). The cost of not having accurate error information for patch plugins isn't too high, so I most likely will be fleshing this feature out sometime in the next few weeks.

Glad you shared that. I was looking for more information on what a "curator" was. The first time I encountered it was on the mod submission page so I was looking for information about it there. Didn't find it in text, nor in the videos (outdated?) I also tried to follow those instruction to become a curator to WATER, but the button to submit a request didn't do anything. Still an unfinished feature?

Curator Requests are working just fine (I just submitted one to test). It may have been that you tried to submit it at the exact moment I was rebooting the server (a 15-second window). I added you as a curator for WATER anyways. If you'd be willing to try submitting a curator request for another mod on the platform that would be great (to see if there is some kind of browser bug or something).

- Mator

Edited by Mator

Per the page I linked:

If you aren't the uploader we cannot grant automatic authorship because there is no way for us to automatically determine what Nexus Mods user account(s) have been given access to edit a mod page. If you know of a some kind of hidden Nexus API call we could use to determine who has been given access to the Nexus Mods page I'd be willing to look into incorporating that into our automatic authorship system, but to my knowledge no such route exists.

Nope, just an idea. Looks like Nexus could use an update to their API to include some extra information.

Curator Requests are working just fine (I just submitted one to test). It may have been that you tried to submit it at the exact moment I was rebooting the server (a 15-second window). I added you as a curator for WATER anyways. If you'd be willing to try submitting a curator request for another mod on the platform that would be great (to see if there is some kind of browser bug or something).

Nevermind. It's a rep points thing again.

Nope, just an idea. Looks like Nexus could use an update to their API to include some extra information.

Well, they don't actually have an API at all. Every time Mod Picker interacts with the Nexus we're actually pulling an HTML page and parsing stuff from it. It's not pretty, but it works. :P

Nevermind. It's a rep points thing again.

Ahh, derp. I'll run the reputation worker to update your reputation. (it runs automatically once per day - reputation isn't tracked live for most things currently)

-- You now have 27 reputation, Milk Drinker! --

EDIT: And I noticed we aren't creating intermediate reputation milestone events.  Because of this you didn't get the 10 reputation milestone notification, "You can now use a custom avatar and create help pages.".  I fixed the bug in my development environment.

Edited by Mator

Thanks!

I'm going to finish setting up the dev Guide mod list on it. After completing half the list, I think if STEP did use Mod Picker, this is where the separation of Core and Extended should happen. With this, I'll be able to test the cloning feature to separate the two guides. One the Core Guide, and one the Extended Guide. This has been our plan for a very long time, and I think this move warrants making the change now. Mod Picker could also support our idea of "Packs" since users can "clone" the lists. This works perfect for getting the STEP:Core base mods to quickly start building a "Pack" on top of. This would mean STEP 3.0, folks!

However, I still think the real solution is a mashup of both Mod Picker and STEP Wiki platforms, and the result be generated on a page on the STEP website; this being the "STEP Guide".

Do you think something like that is possible and viable?

Basically, we'd be maintaining two mod lists on Mod Picker and submitting our mod testing results to the mod pages there where and when appropriate. We would still maintain our own mod pages on the wiki to house information specific to our project. Then, perhaps feed information from both sources into a generated web page through a CMS? We will likely be using a CMS to make a web front for STEP. Z seems to like Drupal. I haven't used Drupal in years and only have real experience with WordPress, but I think for this project Drupal would be the best choice since it's more secure and already has a more robust dev environment. S4N might have another idea.

So tools can't be added in the Tools section and in the Mods section? Any reason why? Some are both, like DynDOLOD (DynDOLOD Resources file).

Also the sections aren't "talking" to each other. If I have SKSE in the Mods section, the Tools section is complaining that it's a missing requirement. It's not missing...it's just listed in the Mod section as a mod instead. I think STEP can work around this, but getting the sections sharing this information might be something to look into.

Sorry for the random reports. I'm just chiming in whenever I noticed something. You're actually getting off easy. Usually when someone give be a new toy to play with the first thing I do is try to break it. Ganda can attest to that.  :whistling: 

So tools can't be added in the Tools section and in the Mods section? Any reason why? Some are both, like DynDOLOD (DynDOLOD Resources file)

Also the sections aren't "talking" to each other. If I have SKSE in the Mods section, the Tools section is complaining that it's a missing requirement. It's not missing...it's just listed in the Mod section as a mod instead. I think STEP can work around this, but getting the sections sharing this information might be something to look into..

This is happening due to a bug which lets you add a tool to the Mods section. (they are actually added to the tools section, they just appear to be added to the Mods section). If you reload the page you should see them move into the tools section, I think.  EDIT: Hotfixed.  You'll need to reload because the fix was in the frontend javascript.

The way Mod Picker classifies things is anything that requires files to be installed outside of the Data directory or involves a standalone application is an "External Utility", which appears on the "Tools" tab on mod lists. I realize it's a bit inaccurate, but this was the best solution we could come up with.

Sorry for the random reports. I'm just chiming in whenever I noticed something. You're actually getting off easy. Usually when someone give be a new toy to play with the first thing I do is try to break it. Ganda can attest to that. :whistling:

No need to apologize, I really appreciate the reports! It gives me an idea of where you are at with using Mod Picker.  And having issues properly reported to me is really important, because I can't fix bugs that I don't know about!  :thumbsup:

Edited by Mator

Not sure what this error is about with the Analyzer:

Analyzing The Ruffled Feather v4.4-11-4-4.7z...
Calculating MD5 Hash.
Parsing FOMOD Options
Found FOMOD Config at Fomod/ModuleConfig.xml
FOMOD Config Extracted

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.FomodFile..ctor(XmlNode node)
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.FomodFile.FromNodes(XmlNodeList nodes)
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.FomodPattern..ctor(XmlNode node)
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.FomodPattern.FromDocument(XmlDocument doc)
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.FomodConfig..ctor(String xmlPath)
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.ModAnalyzerService.AnalyzeFomodArchive(IArchive archive)
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.ModAnalyzerService.AnalyzeArchive(IArchive archive, ModOption modOption)
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.ModAnalyzerService.BackgroundWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Analysis failed.

FOMOD is good and validates. Mod is found on our Nexus page: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11/?

I thought that one got fixed, but I guess it's persistent. >_

RE: Users being lazy and/or struggling to upload complete and correct analyses: I have a standing offer if anyone is struggling to analyze a mod (for example if it has a lot of patches and you can't get all those masters on your computer) to do it for them (I have so many masters installed right now...). In addition if you notice a mod that's been done incorrectly, please let me know or tag it as "incomplete analysis" and it'll get fixed.

Analyzing The Ruffled Feather v4.4-11-4-4.7z...
Calculating MD5 Hash.
Parsing FOMOD Options
Found FOMOD Config at Fomod/ModuleConfig.xml
FOMOD Config Extracted

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.FomodFile..ctor(XmlNode node)
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.FomodFile.FromNodes(XmlNodeList nodes)
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.FomodPattern..ctor(XmlNode node)
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.FomodPattern.FromDocument(XmlDocument doc)
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.FomodConfig..ctor(String xmlPath)
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.ModAnalyzerService.AnalyzeFomodArchive(IArchive archive)
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.ModAnalyzerService.AnalyzeArchive(IArchive archive, ModOption modOption)
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.ModAnalyzerService.BackgroundWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Analysis failed.
FOMOD is good and validates. Mod is found on our Nexus page: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11/?

Most likely the issue with parsing nested dependencies.  I'll push an update to Mod Analyzer in just a moment...

EDIT: Try Mod Analyzer v1.8.  If it's a complex FOMOD installer you can (and probably should) parse it as a BAIN installer instead (from the classify archives view, uncheck FOMOD and check BAIN).

EDIT 2: Error still occurs in Mod Analyzer v1.8 when parsing as a FOMOD installer.  I'll figure it out.  ;)

EDIT 3: Fixed error and some other things, pushing a hotfix to Mod Analyzer.

EDIT 4: Mod Analyzer v1.8.1 works.  :)

Edited by Mator

I thought that one got fixed, but I guess it's persistent. >_

RE: Users being lazy and/or struggling to upload complete and correct analyses: I have a standing offer if anyone is struggling to analyze a mod (for example if it has a lot of patches and you can't get all those masters on your computer) to do it for them (I have so many masters installed right now...). In addition if you notice a mod that's been done incorrectly, please let me know or tag it as "incomplete analysis" and it'll get fixed.

Thanks! I'll be adding those tags. There are already several incomplete analysis where mod options where skipped just from the Fixes section of STEP alone.

Most likely the issue with parsing nested dependencies.  I'll push an update to Mod Analyzer in just a moment...

EDIT: Try Mod Analyzer v1.8.  If it's a complex FOMOD installer you can (and probably should) parse it as a BAIN installer instead (from the classify archives view, uncheck FOMOD and check BAIN).

EDIT 2: Error still occurs in Mod Analyzer v1.8 when parsing as a FOMOD installer.  I'll figure it out.  ;)

EDIT 3: Fixed error and some other things, pushing a hotfix to Mod Analyzer.

EDIT 4: Mod Analyzer v1.8.1 works.  :)

Sweet! I'll download it now.

I have the mods all listed besides the STEP mods, which I'll be adding soon now that the Analyzer will work. There will be an issue; however, because we're simply using our STEP Nexus page as a file resource. We'll need to list the "STEP Mod" twice in our Mod List because currently two different files are installed at different points in our Guide, both from the same Nexus page. That is not possible since you only allow a single listing for each mod. The only what around this is to use a Custom Mod for one of the entries.

I've started working on the Mod Options for the list and aligning up the Plugins a bit. I'll basically just be following a LOOT sorted list on those for now to speed things along.

Now this:

Analyzing STEP Optimized Vanilla Textures - Performance Version 1.2-11-1-2.7z...
Calculating MD5 Hash.
STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures - ReadMe.txt
STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures - Performance.bsa
STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures - Performance.esp

Extracting BSA at STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures - Performance.bsa...
STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures - Performance.bsa extracted, analyzing entries...
Getting assets from bsas\STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures - Performance.bsa...

Could not load file or assembly 'libbsa.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.AssetArchiveAnalyzer.GetBSAAssets(String bsaPath)
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.AssetArchiveAnalyzer.GetAssetPaths(IArchiveEntry assetArchive)
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.ModAnalyzerService.AnalyzeEntries()
Analysis failed.

I was also thinking, we are basically used to maintaining the mod pages for STEP, if you think it something you would be okay with, you could just add me as a curator to all the mods in the STEP Guide. Some are old and will likely never be update, but then again some authors are turning for updating in preparation of getting their mods to SSE. Instead of me adding "Incomplete Analysis" tag to every mod that I find is incomplete or needs an update, I could just do it as that has always been a part of our process. Also, we'll need to mod pages on Mod Picker updated fairly regularly whenever the authors update the mods. It'll be a lot easier and less work for your staff if one or two STEP staff were able to take care of all that ourselves for the mods in the Guide. ...just some food for thought.

Thanks! I'll be adding those tags. There are already several incomplete analysis where mod options where skipped just from the Fixes section of STEP alone.

Alright, we'll keep an eye out for mods with incomplete analyses. (Mods currently tagged as having incomplete analyses).

I have the mods all listed besides the STEP mods, which I'll be adding soon now that the Analyzer will work. There will be an issue; however, because we're simply using our STEP Nexus page as a file resource. We'll need to list the "STEP Mod" twice in our Mod List because currently two different files are installed at different points in our Guide, both from the same Nexus page. That is not possible since you only allow a single listing for each mod. The only what around this is to use a Custom Mod for one of the entries.

Alternatively you could make separate mod pages for the mods and we could use custom sources that link to the STEP wiki.

I've started working on the Mod Options for the list and aligning up the Plugins a bit. I'll basically just be following a LOOT sorted list on those for now to speed things along.

Sounds good. :)

Now this:

Analyzing STEP Optimized Vanilla Textures - Performance Version 1.2-11-1-2.7z...
Calculating MD5 Hash.
STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures - ReadMe.txt
STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures - Performance.bsa
STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures - Performance.esp

Extracting BSA at STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures - Performance.bsa...
STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures - Performance.bsa extracted, analyzing entries...
Getting assets from bsas\STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures - Performance.bsa...

Could not load file or assembly 'libbsa.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
   at ModAnalyzer.Domain.AssetArchiveAnalyzer.GetAssetPaths(IArchiveEntry assetArchive)
Analysis failed.

It sounds like libbsa.dll is missing from the ModAnalyzer folder.  Did you extract everything from the update archive?  It does contain an updated version of libbsa.dll.  It also could be that you set Mod Analyzer to start a directory other than its root directory from Mod Organizer.

I was also thinking, we are basically used to maintaining the mod pages for STEP, if you think it something you would be okay with, you could just add me as a curator to all the mods in the STEP Guide. Some are old and will likely never be update, but then again some authors are turning for updating in preparation of getting their mods to SSE. Instead of me adding "Incomplete Analysis" tag to every mod that I find is incomplete or needs an update, I could just do it as that has always been a part of our process. Also, we'll need to mod pages on Mod Picker updated fairly regularly whenever the authors update the mods. It'll be a lot easier and less work for your staff if one or two STEP staff were able to take care of all that ourselves for the mods in the Guide. ...just some food for thought.

Even better than that, I can just make you a moderator on Mod Picker and then you'll have access to edit all mods on Mod Picker.  You won't have any official moderator responsibilities.  I can also add maybe one or two other STEP staff members as well, if desired.

- Mator

Edited by Mator

The custom sources sounds like it would work for me. We already have separate pages for them...i think. If not, we will!

libbsa.dll is in the folder. I did not have the "start in" folder set in MO. I will set it to the ModAnalyzer folder and rerun.

Moderators works for me. I don't mind updating the analysis for mods that we use on the guide. Just adding me for now is okay, unless someone else from the staff wants to jump in here. I'm basically evaluating the platform by just using it how we would need to use it for the STEP Guide. So far, so good as long as certain things are accessible from the API like, mods from a list, mod options set on the mods from a lists, etc. Those are the type of things we'd need to pull into the Guide. Are you guys planning on supporting LOOT Meta Rules for setting plugin priority and "Load After" rules, or are you guys rolling that stuff into your own sorting solutions?

Set the start in folder and it still didn't work. Tried it with a different mod:

Analyzing Consistent Older People 31a No Elves USLEEP-19730-3-1a.7z...
Calculating MD5 Hash.
Data\SPTConsistentOlderPeople.bsa
Data\SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp
ReadMe-ConsistentOlderPeople-31a.txt

Getting assets from bsas\SPTConsistentOlderPeople.bsa...

Analysis failed.

I noticed it's storing the BSAs. Is it suppose to do that? That can add up to a lot of storage space quickly, if you're scanning a lot of mods.