sheson

DynDOLOD Skyrim Special Edition

Question

I ran into a small problem when it comes to tree billboards packed in BSA files. Yes, I do not use any loose files. Everything is properly packed, basically the same way I did stuff on Oldrim.

DynDOLOD in general runs fine, it finds it data, but the 3D Tree LODs (I use EVT, custum large trees) are smaller in size than the actual tree. If I unpack the same BSA then the processes work flawless and the LOD matches about in size. It is like it doesn't see the .txt files and goes to some kind of default.

I first thought: too small? Well some mod must have provided a wrong billboard, and as loose files take priority it only worked then. So I disabled all mods and only had my tree mod loaded and ran the process again. Still LODs are smaller than the actual tree.

Sadly logging doesn't show any specifics here that help me to track down stuff.

Any idea what I causing that? Sure, I can use loose files for the billboards and it works fine (and remove them afterwards) but this behavior puzzles me and I want to know what I am doing wrong. Any insight here?

I ran into a small problem when it comes to tree billboards packed in BSA files. Yes, I do not use any loose files. Everything is properly packed, basically the same way I did stuff on Oldrim.

DynDOLOD in general runs fine, it finds it data, but the 3D Tree LODs (I use EVT, custum large trees) are smaller in size than the actual tree. If I unpack the same BSA then the processes work flawless and the LOD matches about in size. It is like it doesn't see the .txt files and goes to some kind of default.

I first thought: too small? Well some mod must have provided a wrong billboard, and as loose files take priority it only worked then. So I disabled all mods and only had my tree mod loaded and ran the process again. Still LODs are smaller than the actual tree.

Sadly logging doesn't show any specifics here that help me to track down stuff.

Any idea what I causing that? Sure, I can use loose files for the billboards and it works fine (and remove them afterwards) but this behavior puzzles me and I want to know what I am doing wrong. Any insight here?

Your observation is correct. The txt file currently needs to be a loose file when doing 3D tree LODs. It is not "seeing" it when it is in a BSA. I will try to update that with the next version.

Edited by sheson

Thanks for the quick answer. Will keep the files loose then during the LOD generating process. 

Are there any resources available detailing how to create the hybrid lods needed for dyndolod 3d tree lods?  I have some trees that I'd like to create hybrid lods for but am unsure as to how to proceed.

Are there any resources available detailing how to create the hybrid lods needed for dyndolod 3d tree lods?  I have some trees that I'd like to create hybrid lods for but am unsure as to how to proceed.

See ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\tools\DynDOLOD_CreateStaticTree.html in the standalone archive

See ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\tools\DynDOLOD_CreateStaticTree.html in the standalone archive

Hot damn that's exactly what I wanted.  Thanks Sheson and sorry for not noticing it before!

Hi sheson,

For Beyond Reach SE; are there any specific instructions or patch needed like it was for Oldrim?

Thank you!  ::):

Hi sheson,

For Beyond Reach SE; are there any specific instructions or patch needed like it was for Oldrim?

Thank you!  ::):

The patch contains 3 tree LOD billboards that you can also use for the Skyrim SE version. Otherwise I can not say much how well rounded the generated LOD will be as I do not test mods as long as Skyrim SE has game breaking bugs.

Thank you!

I will give these billboards a go and will let you know if any issues.

I have a little problem with dyndolod.esp. Activating it does add Whiterun Tree to the lod, but also removes some small objects. Comparison GIF. LOD is created with "High" preset with Vanilla game. Is it normal?

I have a little problem with dyndolod.esp. Activating it does add Whiterun Tree to the lod, but also removes some small objects. Comparison GIF. LOD is created with "High" preset with Vanilla game. Is it normal?

I can not really tell from the image if those small objects are large references? DynDOLOD is not supposed to touch them.

What did the large reference report at the end of the log say? 

Can you get close to one or two of them with tfc and check if they have a form id and post it. Also a close up comparison screenshot could help.

Log says that "No large reference is overwritten by an esp". Actually those objects do appear as i move towards them with free camera. I've checked their IDs in SSEdit, and dyndolod.esp does not touch them. Its not a big deal actually I was just curious why it's happening. 

Log says that "No large reference is overwritten by an esp". Actually those objects do appear as i move towards them with free camera. I've checked their IDs in SSEdit, and dyndolod.esp does not touch them. Its not a big deal actually I was just curious why it's happening. 

If zou could let me know the form ids, I would like to have a look when I get the chance.