SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

Just a little confused about the Sort Your Load Order, section  when other mods are loaded.

Do I run LOOT and the restore the load order using the downloaded loadorder.txt.

Sorry if it is a dumb question.

Do not run LOOT.  Do not create a bashed patch.

The load order for Requiem is very particular and I've also arranged the current set of mods specifically to minimize conflicts while patching the remaining relevant pieces.  Jumbling up the load order would lead to bad juju.

Edited by jdsmith2816

Just a little confused about the Sort Your Load Order, section  when other mods are loaded.

Do I run LOOT and the restore the load order using the downloaded loadorder.txt.

Sorry if it is a dumb question.

LOOT does not work in this case... it is really hard to make loot behave in the way we want even with locked esps, loot rules... so this will only bring problems and let plugins overwerite what we do not want to...

use loadorder.txt by copying it to you MO profile. When you restart MO they will auto sort exactly as in the loadorder.txt

then backup your new LO so that you can restore it anytime you update merges. If you want to make additions i suggest creating a different MO profile and manually move your added plugins then backup your LO. We cannot offer support for additions but if you ask and we know the answer we'll help.

I'm confused... this whole guide is based around Requiem.  Why are you using it?  It seems like you'd be better served by Darth's SRLE LOTD Extended guide.  Feel free to do whatever you like, it's your Skyrim and all.  I'm just honestly trying ot understand what you're trying to accomplish.

Edited by jdsmith2816

actually the substraction thing with 170 i took it from STEP ini tweaks. There it says this about windows 7. For windows 8/10 use the number it displays (4064) and i can't find anything on the download page about setting this exact value on boris' site.

reserved memory is really dependent on systems... i can't really say what value to put there only to test it until stutter goes away.

about ini's i will check them again

edit: f3PBoltTiltUpAngle this exists and adjusts the aiming angle for bolts the same as f3PArrowTiltUpAngle is for Arrows. this is also a tweak in Neovalen's Guide from where i took it.

Yes the STEP hint to subtract memory values from vramsizetest is wrong, and always was. You run the tool and plug the number it gives you in to enblocal.ini.

Reserved memory is system dependant, but you should always start at the lowest value and work up, not some random value in the middle and work up.

I'd have to defer to Doubleyou on the ini value, I was fairly certain only 3 of the values for bolt/arrow aiming were cared about by the game, hence why only 3 options not 4 in spini/bethini

Yes the STEP hint to subtract memory values from vramsizetest is wrong, and always was. You run the tool and plug the number it gives you in to enblocal.ini.

Reserved memory is system dependant, but you should always start at the lowest value and work up, not some random value in the middle and work up.

I'd have to defer to Doubleyou on the ini value, I was fairly certain only 3 of the values for bolt/arrow aiming were cared about by the game, hence why only 3 options not 4 in spini/bethini

Ahh maybe the vramsizetest needs to be brought with the STEP guys as well

as for Reserved memory for me I started at 64 and worked my way up to find the right number for me and that is what is in my guide.

Yes i would usually defer to DoubleYou maybe some confirmation fro him would ease my mind I'll ask him.

Edit: LordOfLA is right about the f3PBoltTiltUpAngle ini tweak DoubleYou has confirmed it does not exist I am going to remove it from my guide.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Guys, seriously - VRAM test tool/subtracting 170/blah blah blah - none of this is needed. Just set AutoDetectVideoMemorySize to true.  I have had this set for months as per advice from Hishy and it works perfectly, you'll see the video memory size displayed on the menu screen when you see the ENB info pop up in the top left as it initialises and I'll guarantee it will always show the value you'd have arrived at setting it manually.  The added benefit is that if you are dual booting say Win7 and Win10 it will adapt itself as required.

Edited by dunc001
  • +1 1

Ok and to the manual values you set nothing? Or by enabling that those values are ignored?

Manual or Auto Set the value will showed up in game. Most of us using manual because there were words spreading that the AutoDetectVideoMemorySize gave up a wrong value. I'm using Auto and the results is always the same with the VramTools. If you set it to True, the manual values will be ignored, but for me I just left it at blank.

So with the modular patches I still have some issue with a couple of the Acronyms like

- bds

- dpa

- nsfmq

- rbb

- tfm, is this the same as tafm?

- wmff.

Edit: Oh wow @jdsmith, I've separated your modular patches and it gave me 63 folders and there are still some in the main extracted folder mostly requiem stuffs. You've been busy! Thank you for providing this, I'm gonna try and check and put this in my LotD load order.

https://imgur.com/a/jhszN

https://imgur.com/a/VsLZ7

Edited by reddvilzz

Wmff is on the merge page. Wisemans flire fixes.

Rbb realistic boat bobbing

Tfm, nsfmq we do not have this

Bds if from nsutr patches and is better dynamic snow

Dpa is from lotd patches... dragon priest armory

I was looking at jdsmith's note on the Modular Patches from his dropbox. Thank you Paul.

Guys, seriously - VRAM test tool/subtracting 170/blah blah blah - none of this is needed. Just set AutoDetectVideoMemorySize to true.  I have had this set for months as per advice from Hishy and it works perfectly, you'll see the video memory size displayed on the menu screen when you see the ENB info pop up in the top left as it initialises and I'll guarantee it will always show the value you'd have arrived at setting it manually.  The added benefit is that if you are dual booting say Win7 and Win10 it will adapt itself as required.

I am in agreement with you Dunc think it might be worth me changing a few things in the section and retesting.

i can confirm this works. Displays exact value as vramsizetest tool. Thanks for the info dunc.

ENB's autodetection of vram size isn't reliable. You should set it manually with vramsizetest. It's why boris made the tool.

Edit: and the guide should say to start at a value of 64 for reserved memory. Certainly users of 900/1k series nvidia gpus will always stutter if using other values.

Edited by LordOfLA