Skyrim Redesigned (by Dracomies)

Farlo

Correct. There is a lot of the sets that is incomplete like the furniture, for example. The author didn't want to use the FOMOD I wrote either. I don't think he understood that it's the same (but better) as picking and choosing folders. He wants it to remain modular and that's all good, but he refused the FOMOD because he didn't understand what it was. He also declined my invite for helping to finish up and expand the mod, saying that he might come back to it eventually...I don't see that ever happening. Oh well...

Saerileth told me she asked for his permission to improve the box for stone of Barenziah, and he declined that as well. It's by all means his right to do so, but it makes you wonder WTF?! The mod is as abandoned as can be.

Edited by Octopuss

Fortunately Saerileth wasn't discouraged.  Have you seen her Stone of Barenziah; it's gorgeous!  I do like the texture of the box from Skyrim Redesigned, but the stone looks awful.  If vanilla retextures don't work with Saerileth's new mesh, and I'm forced to choose between them, then Saerileth's meshes are going to win hands-down.  EDIT: Just read some of the more recent comments, and it sounds like vanilla retextures for the box will work fine with her stone.

I'm having issues with this mod, don't know why, some textures are just black/rainbow-ish until now i found the alchemy table the coin purse and the "spoon" when you use a cooking pot (the one the player use in the animation).
If there is a way to solve it i'd like to know how, otherwise i'm just deleting the dds-files and i was wondering what's the texture for the cooking pot "spoon" in order to delete it, btw the other textures seems to work fine don't know if ALL do, but the anvil, and the bucket ones works fine (and the spider eggs perhaps can't remember)

I used the FOMOD version with STEP Recommended setting

Posted Image

Edited by HSneak

It looks like you got more than just the alchemy table going bad in that shot. However, this has been mentioned in previous posts of this thread.

My bad, error during conversion of the sccen from BMP to JPG

The correct one : Posted Image

Ah and i've seen the older posts, i'm wondering about the texture file of the cooking pot "spoon" (it's white this time, but generally it's black/rainbow-ish) : Posted Image

EDIT : It's fixed now, i've deleted the alchemy table texture, and it's ok now :)

Edited by HSneak

• 10 months later...

This should probably go back into "testing" due to more outdated textures, such as those new releases by Gamwich/Saerileth etc?

Alchemy/Enchanting Table

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62328/?

Barenziah's Glory/Anvil

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/63902/?

HD Charcoal/Charcoal

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37556/?

Edited by Sixxness

• 3 months later...

With Barenziah's Glory added with the most recent version of STEP, was in the intention to overwrite the Crown's texture with the one from this Mod? When installed using the FOMOD file referenced on the Wiki page, that's what happens, even though the list of included items doesn't include it.

Have to say that this one may need reexamination as a whole anyway - between the other mods availiable that meet these texture replacements and the unorthidox way of installing it, not to mention the author's intractability on any improvements, this just feels like more than a little bit of a hassel.

EDIT: Seems that the crown was in the same folder as the (hidden) Gem Box. I've deleted that entire folder (Quest) from the mod on my end, but again, I think we need to look at weither this mod is really needed or not.

EDIT 2: Disregard the problem I noted above... MO pulled a fast one on me and reinstalled into a seperate mod, instead of overwriting the old one. The part about maybe replacing this mod, however, still stands.

Edited by Shadriss
  • +1 1

• 2 months later...

I have a question about installing this mod, specifically this step:

Rearchive the Skyrim Redesigned folder and renaming it Skyrim Redesigned-8954-1-0. (This is so MO will add in the Nexus ID and version) The file structure should be: Skyrim Redesigned-8954.7z\34 individual folders.

I suspect I just don't understand something very basic about archiving files. How does one rename it to Skyrim Redesigned-8954-1-0 but end up with a file without the -1-0 in it?