Skyrim Redesigned (by Dracomies)

Farlo

Add them all to the Wiki. There is no need to have differing download locations.

The only issue is that this creates two resources to upkeep .... that seems more inefficient to me
I'm saying use the Wiki instead. Previously you recommended to add some to the Wiki rather than the Nexus, and that in fact requires more upkeep. Since anything we are doing should be STEP specific (and temporary), it makes the most sense to put them on the Wiki.

I remember the list said no conflicts but I could swear SkyrimHD addresses a few of these such as alchemy table and enchanting table. Anyone done a compare? If it's being added back in we should have a look-see.

You're right, I wonder how I missed that.  I'll grab some screenshots right now.  Also, wasn't there another mod that did a really good job of retexturing these?

Add them all to the Wiki. There is no need to have differing download locations.

The only issue is that this creates two resources to upkeep .... that seems more inefficient to me
I'm saying use the Wiki instead. Previously you recommended to add some to the Wiki rather than the Nexus, and that in fact requires more upkeep. Since anything we are doing should be STEP specific (and temporary), it makes the most sense to put them on the Wiki.
Except for files that pertain to the general modding community that are already on the Nexus ;)

• Soul Gems Differ
  • Skill Interface Retexture
  • Golden Gods Shrines
  • Visible Windows
  • That's Ice
etc... all of them accept for Skyrim Redesigned.

If they are already on the Nexus, we may as well handle from there (especially since we control all of those Nexus 'mods' anyway)

Except for files that pertain to the general modding community that are already on the Nexus ;)

• Soul Gems Differ
  • Golden Gods Shrines
  • Visible Windows
  • That's Ice

If they are already on the Nexus, we may as well handle from there (especially since we control all of those Nexus 'mods' anyway)

That's fine, I'm referring to STEP specific BCF's. Most should be for testing purposes anyway.

• Tankards and Plates - SMIM has these and they're much better IMO.
I have these installed and the only conflict I have is with Tobe's (diningset01 series). I have full SMIM installed.
Sorry, didn't have WB open when I typed that.  Either way I thought Tobe's was better.

• Soul Gems Differ
  • Golden Gods Shrines
  • Visible Windows
  • That's Ice

That's fine, I'm referring to STEP specific BCF's. Most should be for testing purposes anyway.
Well they're all on the Wiki now anyways, if you want to redirect them to the Nexus for those that are there go for it.

• 2 months later...

First of all I highly recommend you ditch the NMM and use either Wrye Bash or Mod Organizer. They have a slight learning curve but once you get your head around it you'll never go back. MO is more user friendly than WB and has almost all of the same functionalities (everything you need for STEP).

As for the DAT file, you must have downloaded it from the Wiki, yes? If so, that is not the mod. The mod itself must be downloaded from the Nexus. That DAT file is called a BCF (BAIN Conversion File) and is only used in Wrye Bash. It restructures the file you get off the Nexus into one that can be recognized as a "normal" mod and installed easily. If you're not using WB you'll need to download the mod from the Nexus, and install the files specified on the mod's Wiki page manually.

• 10 months later...

First of all I highly recommend you ditch the NMM and use either Wrye Bash or Mod Organizer. They have a slight learning curve but once you get your head around it you'll never go back. MO is more user friendly than WB and has almost all of the same functionalities (everything you need for STEP).

As for the DAT file, you must have downloaded it from the Wiki, yes? If so, that is not the mod. The mod itself must be downloaded from the Nexus. That DAT file is called a BCF (BAIN Conversion File) and is only used in Wrye Bash. It restructures the file you get off the Nexus into one that can be recognized as a "normal" mod and installed easily. If you're not using WB you'll need to download the mod from the Nexus, and install the files specified on the mod's Wiki page manually.

I guess that I am stupid. I have been trying to follow the STEP core installation process to a "T" and I cannot seem to manually install Skyrim Redesigned through adding the mod package through Mod Organizer because it gives me the "no game data on top level" error and will not allow me to either create a new directory to set as the data directory, or just right click the parent directory (as I have with most mods) and set as data. It still gives me the "no game data on top level" error.

After this frustration, I added Wrye Bash to my executables list via Mod Organizer. After configuring the .ini to point to the necessary directories (my steam folder is on my SSD which is my S:\ drive) Wrye will open from Mod organizer but refuses to list the BCF (.dat) as a packacge under the installers tab. I am at a loss as to where to go from here, because I cannot continue with the incremental mod additions until I finish with this step.

I realize this thread is pretty old, so hopefully I can get some insight and some help from the more experienced people here. Thanks in advance.