SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Hey Darth ! 

Thanks for doing this. I took a look at the load order, it doesn't seem to change that much from SRLE Extended, does it ? Are you gonna drop more mods ? I imagine we'll have to be careful about string counts but what do I know... ^^ Anyway, when do you think the guide will be "usable" ? I don't wanna seem to rush you or anything, just wondering If I should go on with my playtrough or go play W3, waiting for your guide to release... 

Hey Darth ! 

Thanks for doing this. I took a look at the load order, it doesn't seem to change that much from SRLE Extended, does it ? Are you gonna drop more mods ? I imagine we'll have to be careful about string counts but what do I know... ^^ Anyway, when do you think the guide will be "usable" ? I don't wanna seem to rush you or anything, just wondering If I should go on with my playtrough or go play W3, waiting for your guide to release... 

Yes I will be dropping more mods adding others that will improve LoTD that are not required by my other guide. I don't have a date yet for completion yet probably months (Look how long it took me to to SRLE Extended). Please bare in mind that Install guide currently gives a rough idea of my plans and will help me when I come to write up the new guide I will course be tweaking it.

I will be taking a look at the save tool restringer thing I believe that can help further reduce string count.

Father's and daughters I know that feeling lucky mine is now 13, yes 13 she is now a teenager (oh god help me). although my mother let the cat out the bag yesterday and I found the twins are also girls I am never going to win a fight ever again.

My brother had twin daughters. You are in for quite a ride!

Cool, I'll be watching this with great interest. I added LotD to my build, and it will be nice to see if I did it right. I imagine I may be tweaking mine out once I read over this, heh

heheh Ron It was in fact your series that inspired me to do this plus all the question i kept getting about it. so in a way this is all your fault (only joking :;): ).  I haven't watch all your SRLE Build videos but I have watched some of them they are a great and welcome resource.

any advice to can contribute would be awesome.

Edited by Darth_mathias

Is string count still an issue? I thought Crash Fixes got rid of the limit.

I've got this in my build and thought I'd followed the instructions to the letter but for some reason I have purple forts everywhere! Must have missed something, either that or it's a TexGen/LOD issue as I've only noticed them in the distance so far.

I'm testing this right now and I have no purple that I've found yet....

hehe my deepest apologies then ::):

I don't know that I could offer any advice that you don't already know (you are a far more experienced modder than I will ever be). The only thing I'd say is that I personally found the LotD patch page to be highly confusing. I ended up installing the "overall" patch and then the individual patches on top of that (in the videos). But in retrospect, I don't think that was right. I suspect the "overall" patch already encompasses everything below it. But you may want to double check on that.

My understanding is that Crash Fixes helps solve the issue but if you're above the ~65k limit then the script cleaner programs won't work on the save, even though Crash Fixes allows the save to still work.  

My understanding is that Crash Fixes helps solve the issue but if you're above the ~65k limit then the script cleaner programs won't work on the save, even though Crash Fixes allows the save to still work.  

That's what Resaver is for in SkyrimTools is it not?

Hmm, strange.  I have aMidianborn Forts installed, and copied the exteriorwallwhateveritwas into the Spice of Life folder.  I'll doublecheck again tonight.  Like I said, might be a LOD issue then.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76776/?

Its my understanding that Crash Fixes actually changes the format of your save game once it hits 65K. Its great to keep from losing a save but I wonder its a great idea to run it that way for a long period of time.

Restringer seems to work as advertised. I have been using it for awhile now.