Help required - xEdit showing errors in many core mods

dunc001

Question

Good afternoon all.  I am putting this up as a fresh forum post in the hope that some far more experienced than me can point me in the right direction.

I have an enormous build based off SR:LE and SR:LE Extended which for the past two months I have been adding to.  Unmerged it contains a total of just short of 580 plugins.  My load order now contains 49 merges which reduce the load order before bashed patch/DynDOLOD/DSR/ASIS to 246 (excluding the lvl list patches which bashed patch will remove). Every one of the merges has been individually CR'd, all scripts contained in merged mods checked to ensure there are no 'GetFormIDFromFile' calls on .esp files being merged and so on.  This has been an exhaustive process and I am pretty confident that the merges are all good and are not the cause of these errors.

None of the plugins showing below as containing errors relies on anything in any of the merges, and I have been very careful not to include in the merges any masters unless all dependents are also contained within the same merge.  So I can also pretty confidently say that none of the errors are being caused by renumbering of any of the IDs within the merges. 

So having got the load order to within the limit and updated everything which needed it I am about to embark on the CR for the full build.  I am intending to run through everything in the SR:LE CR followed by the SR:LEX CR and then go through each of the non-core/extended plugins and CR them (all of this into one CR plugin).  In preparation for starting this I reran LOOT on last time an decided to load everything up into xEdit and do some final housekeeping.  With the entire build loaded I selected everything and ran 'Check for Errors' and that's when the SHTF!  xEdit returned errors in a total of 39 plugins, only two of which are minor issues in two of my merges.  Many of the other plugins are core mods.  These are the plugins showing errors:

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
Nock2Tip.esm
ORS_MorthalPain.esm
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esm
Cutting Room Floor.esp
Rigmor.esp
3DNPC.esp
iWil_UselessShopOverhaul.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
Civil War Overhaul.esp
WetandCold.esp
RealisticRoomRental.esp
Valerica.esp
LostGrimoire.esp
LandLord_.esp
Helgen Reborn.esp
MoonAndStar_MAS.esp
Undeath.esp
Basnpc.esp
Skyrim Unbound.esp
Hebrock_Der Schatten von Meresis - EV.esp
The Haven From The Cold And Dark.esp
EFFDialogue.esp
Dynamic Dialogue Followers.esp
Inigo.esp
quest_nomercy.esp
arnima.esp
Nock2Tip.esp
quest_seaofghosts.esp
ForgottenCity.esp
quest_pitfighter.esp
Snowbound Acres.esp
BlackreachRailroadNew.esp
MzarkWonders.esp
summersetisles.esp
Dragon Combat Overhaul.esp
CACO_Immersive_Creatures_Patch_ lvl_list.esp

It should be noted that none of these plugins have been tampered with, they are exactly as they were when I downloaded and installed them through MO.

I have uploaded the xEdit errors to pastebin here

I am looking for any advice or words of wisdom you can offer as to how best to go about addressing these errors, which if any of them can be ignored, whether there are any general rules about how to go about fixing each of the different types of error.

I will upload my mod list and load order to ModWatch this evening.

Many thanks for taking the time to read and I hope someone out there can help!
Edited by dunc001

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

OK, so having scoured through 16500 lines of log text from xEdit loading the plugins in I came across these three warning lines relating to one of the merges:

[00:08] Background Loader: Warning: Record [LAND:020105F4] in file Dragonborn.esm is being overridden by record [ARMO:030105F4] in file Animal Companions and Mounts.esp.
[00:08] Background Loader: Warning: Record [LAND:020105F6] in file Dragonborn.esm is being overridden by record [BPTD:030105F6] in file Animal Companions and Mounts.esp.
[00:08] Background Loader: Warning: Record [LAND:020105F5] in file Dragonborn.esm is being overridden by record [ARMA:030105F5] in file Animal Companions and Mounts.esp.

They all relate to records from the f'ing Dovahbear companion mod which Neo goaded me into including which I had to shoehorn into an existing merge.  I am guessing that Merge Plugins has renumbered something which has then led to these errors when they've been injected back into Dragonborn.esm.  Could these three errors be causing a cascade effect through the entire load which is resulting in so many errors in so many plugins?

This does not look good Dunc. Obviously the references are all mixed up since same FormIDs are used for different assets.

How exactly did you "shoehorn" Dovahbear (God...you really like this mod?  ::D: )  into an existing merge?

You know that this is not the recommended procedure...

This does not look good Dunc. Obviously the references are all mixed up since same FormIDs are used for different assets.

How exactly did you "shoehorn" Dovahbear (God...you really like this mod?  ::D: )  into an existing merge?

You know that this is not the recommended procedure...

Sorry, excuse my incorrect terminology.  I did actually delete the original Animal Companions and Mounts merge completely and rebuild it from scratch with the offending bear included.  I can't confirm my assumption as I'm in the office right now but when I get home I'll check the merge plugins map.txt on that merge and I'll be surprised if I don't find renumbering on the Dovahbear FormIDs.  I'll also test the theory by loading everything EXCEPT that merged plugin in to xEdit and checking for errors again.  If they all magically disappear then I have my culprit...

And no, I'm not that partial to the mod but as you know Neo made me do it :P  If it turns out that this is the cause, then the chicken and the rabbit get to stay and play but I'm kicking the bear out and I'm going to make it my mission to annihilate every last bear in Tamriel!

Edited by dunc001

Can you tell me which mods are in this merge and in what order you merged the plugins?

If i find time tonight I might download them just to see what is wrong...oh boy!! I can't believe I just said that!! Downloading Dovhbear and chickens!!!  ::D:  ::D:

Damn, it's not the bear. With that merge not loaded up in still getting the same errors reported within the same plugins as before so it's something else. Any suggestions as to how I proceed from here to track down the cause?

Dunc I am a bit lost as to which plugins you are loading each time you come with an error or warning message.

Your entire load order? A partial one?

For example the warning messages that you have attached above show that Dragonborn.esm has a loading index of 02...how come? You were not loading Dawnguard.esm and Hearthfire.esm?

It is a bit confusing...therefore, can u pls load you entire order, check for errors and upload in pastebin those errors together with your entire load order?

If you check all these plugins with errors individually, do these errors still occur?

Have you checked if any of these error-plugins needs cleaning?

Edited by Astakos

Astakos knows more about this than I do, but I just wanted to add a suggestion that you can try to re-download the mod(s) that are causing errors if all else fails. It is possible that the mod(s) got corrupted during download, if you were downloading with MO and an antivirus scan was running. Or if you were downloading more than one file at a time. Or just because the Nexus can act like crap on occasion. USLEEP for example should not have any errors (and does not when I just checked in xEdit).

OK guys, so to answer your various questions - https://www.modwat.ch/u/dunc001

The errors are showing up when I load in the complete load order.  I also tried loading in without about half of the merged plugins and most of the errors were still there.  If I load only the main files and, for example, USLEEP and check it individually for errors there are none returned.  So something later in the load order is causing overwrites in USLEEP in this instance which are then reported as errors.  The question is how do I trace which plugin(s) is causing this without having to build up the load order in xEdit one plugin at a time which will take forever.

I have tried redownloading a sample of the mods but that makes no difference and as just stated when checked individually they show no errors.

The pastebin link in the OP is the error report with the full load order loaded up in xEdit, the load order being that shown on my modwat.ch

All plugins with ITMs have been cleaned unless the mod page specifically states not to.

Edited by dunc001

So if I load up the entire load order minus ALL of my merges including the ones specified in SRLE & SRLEX I am still getting errors.  That's with nothing but 'virgin' esps loaded in.  Like this error in USLEEP for example:

ybYUUc1.png

When I then check the first cell/ID I find this:

nZeZaUZ.png

Is it correct that ICW is removing the XTEL record?  Is this what the error is or am I looking in the wrong place?  Surely ICW can't be at fault here?

Woww Dunc!! You really jumped into deep waters with that load order mate!  :lol:

Anyway...as I see you have not done any conflict resolution; which I believe with this mod list it will be massive.

There is a strong possibility that some of these errors appear because of non-resolved conflicting records.

First...ignore any errors that state "NAVM \ Record Header \ Record Flags -> <Unknown: 11>" . Nothing to worry about.

...but errors that state "REFR -> Record marked as deleted but contains: Base" needs attention as usually they are UDRs.

Now, take for example the USLEEP errors...well, we all know that there are no errors in USLEEP!! But perhaps there is a mod that comes after USLEEP and touches the same "quest" records as USLEEP ruining something. You need to take a look in xEdit to see which mod alters what that makes USLEEP complain.

I have checked all the plugins we have in common vs my entire load order and I can assure you that there are no errors present (i.e. EFF Dialogue, DFD, etc) and the ones that have "errors" they are either justified or false positives. But i do not have all the plugins you do, therefore I cannot be more concrete.

For example you can ignore the errors for Forgotten City. They are not game breaking but yes I agree they shouldn't be there. I had brought it up with the mod author back in time but he found no way to correct them. Well, they are removed script properties that can be easily deleted from the plugin...anyway!!  :O_o:

This is the main generalized strategy for nailing some of these errors.

Is it correct that ICW is removing the XTEL record?  Is this what the error is or am I looking in the wrong place?  Surely ICW can't be at fault here?

This is ok! These are he false positives I referred above. ICW is essentially deleting this teleport marker as it needs to create a new one.

Look at the Quest errors after the REF ones...which mod conflict with USLEEP and not filling the alias? This needs investigation...

Hey sorry to necro an old thread, but I've been building/playing my own sort of improvised large modlist based on SRLE: LOTD, STEP and Dreadflopps Packs with bits of Explorers Guide... not on the scale of what Dunc was attempting here, but a pretty large list nonetheless.  

I just checked my own LO for errors as I've been experiencing some weird crashes on saving and load screens (doors, basically and not in a specific location).  Wound up with somewhat similar results.  Just a ton of errors in Skyrim.esm, a navmesh error in USLEEP, lots of tint layer errors in NPC's on various mods, a couple VMAD errors... etc.

When I pull up the record mentioned in the USLEEP error (000FC127), I find that its overwritten by first ICAIO + then 3DNPC.  However, oddly in that same cell is another navmesh that is also edited by USLEEP, ICAIO + 3DNPC (00FC11C) and it is not mentioned?

Sacrosanct pulls quest stage errors in Vanilla quests... checking the records, it just looks like Sacrosanct is editing vanilla quests... Not sure what to make of this?

I do realize the navmesh stuff with 3DNPC + ICAIO could be an issue?  I just have absolutely no idea how to resolve it, so that's one thing i've just decided that 3DNPC is likely more important to win that conflict so I load it last.

My load order, though it contains a number of merges so is likely not all that useful.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
Campfire.esm
EFFCore.esm
Falskaar.esm
ImCh.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
notice board.esp
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
UnlimitedBookshelves.esp
WM Flora Fixes.esp
FISS.esp
UIExtensions.esp
Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
Dead Body Collision.esp
InvisEyeFixes.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
EasyWheel.esp
Extended UI.esp
RaceMenu.esp
SkyUI.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
GoOnAhead.esp
iHUD.esp
LessIntrusiveHUD.esp
Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
AHZmoreHUD.esp
Atlas Legendary.esp
Atlas Compass Tweaks.esp
DynDOLOD Tweaks Merged.esp
SMIM-Merged-All.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Alternate Start -- New Beginnings.esp
ESFCompanions.esp
BetterQuestObjectives.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
hearthfireextended.esp
NotSoFast-MainQuest.esp
NotSoFast-MageGuild.esp
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
TheChoiceIsYours.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
TimingIsEverything.esp
ADS.esp
AOS.esp
IHSS.esp
BFT Ships and Carriages.esp
Blowing in the Wind.esp
Brave New World Merged.esp
Bring Out Your Dead - Legendary Edition.esp
Farmhouse Chimneys Merged.esp
RiverwoodHuntingCabinSE.esp
UniqueBorderGates-All.esp
Weathered Road Signs.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
BentPines_for_SFO2.0.esp
Moss Rocks.esp
Natural Improvements Merged.esp
NSUTR Merged.esp
Realistic Boat Bobbing.esp
SRG Enhanced Trees Activator.esp
Enhanced Landscapes Oaks Standalone.esp
Enhanced Landscapes Standalone Marsh Pines.esp
Spice of Life Merged.esp
ORM-Arvak.esp
dD-No Spinning Death Animation Merged.esp
FNIS.esp
XPMSE.esp
Fearful Symmetry Merged.esp
WSCO Merged.esp
Dual Sheath Redux.esp
VioLens.esp
Little Bits Merged.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
Book Covers Skyrim - Lost Library.esp
SkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.esp
LootandDegradation.esp
TradeBarter.esp
TradeRoutes.esp
Toil and Trouble Merged.esp
Mothers&Daughters.esp
SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp
DIVERSE SKYRIM.esp
Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
Immersive Horses.esp
Immersive Patrols II.esp
DIVERSE SKYRIM - Immersive Patrols Patch.esp
NPCWaterAIScripted.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
Craftable Horse Barding.esp
Daedric Glowing Horse Barding.esp
Faction Crossbows.esp
DawnguardArsenal.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
Lore Weapon Expansion.esp
WarmongerArmory_Vanilla.esp
WarmongerArmory_DLC.esp
WarmongerArmory_LeveledList.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
GuardAnimationsGDO.esp
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp
EFFDialogue.esp
TMBVanillaArmorandClothes.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
Saeri_AetherialCrown.esp
ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp
imp_helm_legend.esp
StormcloakArmorRevival_GuardFix.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
PrinceandPauper.esp
MLU.esp
aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp
CampfireKExt.esp
Frostfall.esp
Higher Difficulty.esp
Hunterborn.esp
iNeed.esp
iNeed - Dangerous Diseases.esp
iNeedCampCraftWaterskin.esp
SOT-Sleeping.esp
Tentapalooza.esp
Vigor - Combat and Injuries.esp
Vigor - Movement Tweaks.esp
You Hunger.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - Patch.esp
High Level Enemies - SIC.esp
High Level Enemies - SIC Falskaar.esp
HLE_SIC_CCOR_lvl list.esp
OBIS.esp
OBISDB.esp
AAE Ultimate Edition.esp
Animal Tweaks.esp
ASIS-Dependency.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
DiverseDragonsCollection3.esp
DDC3-DD patch.esp
NARC Merged.esp
No Dragon LODs v2 full.esp
Disparity.esp
Dragon Soul Relinquishment.esp
Brevi_MoonlightTalesEssentials.esp
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
Thief skills rebalance for Ordinator.esp
Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
Wintermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp
Wintermyst - LootandDegradation.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
Vigor MT - Apocalypse Longstride Patch.esp
Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul.esp
Sacrosanct - Vampires of Skyrim.esp
3DNPC.esp
Dwemertech - Magic of the Dwarves.esp
Unofficial Falskaar Patch.esp
Falskaar Wildlife.esp
ForgottenCity.esp
Helgen Reborn.esp
Magic of the Magna-Ge.esp
Falskaar - Notice Board.esp
Spectraverse - Only After Dragon Rising.esp
WheelsOfLull.esp
Vivid Weathers.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
mintylightningmod.esp
RelightingSkyrim-FULL.esp
WondersofWeather.esp
HFE-CRF-Patch.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.esp
RBB - Realistic Water Two.esp
PWwaterfall.esp
Blacksmith Forge Water Fix.esp
Skysan_ENBHorseTrough.esp
3DNPC Patches Merged.esp
AAE Patches Merged.esp
Blowing in the Wind Patches Merged.esp
CACO Patches Merged.esp
Even Better Quest Objectives Patches Merged.esp
Hunterborn Patches Merged.esp
Law and Order Merged.esp
MLU Patches Merged.esp
RDO Patches Merged.esp
TradeRoutes-HelgenReborn-Patch.esp
Vivid Weathers Patches Merged.esp
ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp
Scarcity - Less Loot Mod.esp
Scarcity - 2x Merchant Item Rarity.esp
Scarcity - 8x Loot Rarity.esp
Eternal Skyrim.esp
Eternal Skyrim Bashed.esp
TME.esp

*oh and I've already checked, I am using the latest version of xEdit (3.2) ;)
Edited by baronaatista