Changes to Members and the Rep System.

TechAngel85

Yes, Pack Author group can edit their posts.

@Kesta, can you edit your posts?

@Paul, just be sure you are previewing your posts before posting. Re-reading posts is something that the staff does and is just a good habit that catches 90% of all mistakes. Members are elevated upon request when there is a real need for it. Fixing spelling is not considered an honest need for the feature.

We might have a better middle-ground solution for the editing feature. Just waiting for S4N. More to come...

I don't miss the edit feature, like you said just read it through before you post, I am able to correct my mistakes well-enough by slowing down that way. Changing the up/down vote system to just up is a good idea, for various reasons. Maybe add an explanation in the STEP citizenship document that it can/should be used for marking relevant or helpful advice, the "reputation" system would then be a rough estimate of how often someone posts something of that nature.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't miss the edit feature, like you said just read it through before you post, I am able to correct my mistakes well-enough by slowing down that way. Changing the up/down vote system to just up is a good idea, for various reasons. Maybe add an explanation in the STEP citizenship document that it can/should be used for marking relevant or helpful advice, the "reputation" system would then be a rough estimate of how often someone posts something of that nature.

Yes, the Citizenship Guide is in need of some updates and clarifications.

OP updated

We've provided a new solution for users to have a time limit to edit their posts. Currently this is set to 15 minutes from the post timestamp. Only the "Members" group is affected. All other groups can edit as normal.

EDIT:

Darth_mathias and DarkladyLexy have been moved into the "Pack Authors" group.

Kesta has been moved into the "Mod Authors" group.

OP updated

We've provided a new solution for users to have a time limit to edit their posts. Currently this is set to 15 minutes from the post timestamp. Only the "Members" group is affected. All other groups can edit as normal.

Very nice! I can fully support this system. :-)

Good job in finding a solution that will work for all.

OP updated

EDIT:

Darth_mathias and DarkladyLexy have been moved into the "Pack Authors" group.

Kesta has been moved into the "Mod Authors" group.

I think a time limit on Editing posts is a much better solution than an all out no you can't edit even to correct your typos. This should satisfy most people's needs for the edit function.

Also, thanks for the shiny new "Pack Author" badge Tech I wasn't expecting that.

What if Mod Author has mod pages which link to other download sites for the files, but need to edit OP descriptions or Guide topic descriptions .. Are those permanently editable still ?

I just had a quick look at Kill The Orchestra page and the OP there looks like its still editable .. will try a small change

Edit : Yep that seems to be working for me anyway

Archived