Wiki pages are very slow

JUNKdeLUXE

Question

I've been doing the Clear and Present Danger install during the last 2 weeks, and they (and wiki pages it link to) have been progressively had more and more load time.

The forums on the other hand still seem fine. 

Not sure what the problem is.

• Answers 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Current caching is good. I can't test during the day, but during lower peak usage, the wiki is loading fast for me. The larger culprit is being driven by a spike in in-bound connections that starts just after 9AM server time. This directly impacts server load. Increasing the number of processes to handle more connections will also directly impact server load, potentially more negatively than the current state.

You also have to take Pingdom with a grain of salt to a certain extent. It is connecting as if it is a first time user, which means there is no benefit of client side caching of all of the resources such as CSS, JS, images, and initial page view. There are a lot more resources being loaded for the Wiki compared to the Forum. A test via Pingdom in the past 10 minutes reported a little over 10 second load time, but a refresh in my browser was under 3 seconds.

There are some things I can look at implementing to help reduce the stress further, but will take some time to setup and test.

Good afternoon.. 

Not sure if this thread is still active, but I wanted to pass along that the pass day or so I've been getting a 504 Gateway Time-out whenever I try to access the main wiki page.

As others in this thread have stated, the forums are working just fine.

[ghost]

Testing is in the works to get a solution in place to help with the slowness. Likely won't be able to fully implement till the weekend assuming my testing pans out OK. Either way, there will be a last minute maintenance to implement when I'm ready, since I don't know when I'll be fully ready and I want to get this setup ASAP.

Slowness pertains only to the wiki and has to do with recent spike in wiki-page requests. As s4n stated, a fix is under development for implementation this weekend, which should resolve the wiki issue until we ramp up a new server later this year.