FNIS With MO problem

Frightnen

Question

I've verified skyrims integrity, cleared the overwrite file (although it was empty to begin with), and tried having MO installed outside of the skyrim folder. I'm using MO 2.0.4 and have made a github problem page here:https://github.com/TanninOne/modorganizer/issues/635#issuecomment-201965106

I have not pirated it, and I dont get the warning or error 5 if i use it outside of mod organizer.

Here's my FNIS Log

>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from a Skyrim installation directory.<<
FNIS Behavior V6.2   3/27/2016 11:31:51 AM
Skyrim: ??.?? - J:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)
Generator: J:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\Mods\FNIS\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations" 
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

Reading FNISBase V6.2 ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...
No GENDER directory male
No GENDER directory female

ERROR(5): The operation completed successfully

10 answers to this question

I see you are attempting to use the "GENDER Specific Animations" patch, and the error appears to relate to not having an "Animations/male" and "Animations/female" folder in your virtual MO file-system. What mod are using to provide the gender specific animations? 

Doing that leads to the error:

---------------------------
Error
archive.dll not loaded: "Cannot load library dlls\archive.dll: The device is not ready."
OK   

Someone recommended using MO2 as a fix for that, which worked, but led to this fnis problem.
Edited by Frightnen

I think I've seen a couple of others report that same error with Mod Organizer 1.3.11, but I don't think anyone has figured out what causes it or how to solve it. Have you reported this to Tannin in the github bug tracker?

@Frighten

You may have noticed in the GitHub report that the user @DerpKat had issues due to his system trying to access files over differing networks. I notice in your OP that you have these tools installed onto a J: drive.

Is this a NAS device? Or perhaps some other drive controlled by software other than Windows own system?

I see you've ensured that Skyrim has been run at least once from outside MO, so that's one point checked.

No need to apologise, we're all over the globe with differing timezones, so no issue.

Okay let's get into the nuts and bolts.

Clear the logs folder of anything currently in it and select a suitable profile that contains all the animation mods you need.

Run FNIS and afterwards post here the contents of the logs folder and also the zipped contents of the current profile. In additiona a copy of your MO INI so we can see the paths to all the programmes you are using.

Ayyyy!!! It worked! I cleared my current mods and reverified skyrim and heres the log result

>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from a Skyrim installation directory.<<
FNIS Behavior V6.2   3/27/2016 8:46:10 PM
Skyrim: ??.?? - J:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)
Generator: J:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\FNIS\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)

Reading FNISBase V6.2 ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...
0_master usage: 1.1 %   ( 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 alternate animations)
Alternate Animation mods: 0 sets: 0 total groups: 0 added file slots: 0 alternate files: 0

Creature Pack not installed

47 animations for 1 mods successfully included (character)
 1 Warning(s).

That was without any mods, so one of my steam workshop mods is incompatible with FNIS?

That was without any mods, so one of my steam workshop mods is incompatible with FNIS?

You can't use MO with ANY mods installed directly into the Data folder, ie. Steam installed. They will not be correctly handled and will cause conflicts with overwrites not being detected until in game.

Grab a copy of the Steam mod by directly downloading it and move the archive into the MO downloads folder and install it that way. Be sure to unsubscribe to any mods so they aren't re-acquired again.