Total NooB

Yep, you just want the main ESM and one ESP installed. Which ESP you pick will depend on which other things you have installed. Mine looks like this:

Posted Image

And obviously the ESM and ESP appear in your plugin list as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat as Spike.  I played about 15 hours of vanilla Skyrim, tried to move into a STEP-ped world, and wasn't confident I did it right.  I'm currently re-building my rig [re-installing the OS/moving Skyrim to a separate SSD from the OS] and will re-visit the mod.

From the short time I played...Skyrim is the best RPG I've been involved with.  If you take the open-world aspect of TES and really run with it...magnificent!

Got the issue with Lanterns fixed, it was as Ellis suggested. I'm in the middle of the main quest. Pretty awesome graphics. I am having an issue with my Nvidia Surround. I can't for the life of me get it to work. I only have the game on the center display. I have the fix from WideScreen Gaming, https://www.wsgf.org/dr/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/en; but it just doesn't fly with me. Are there any other wide screeners here successfully playing in surround?

@5StringThing, your right, it is the best RPG I've seen.

Spike

I used to play in surround with the fix but I kept getting really bad shadow flicker (bad bad...) so I decided to simply run 1920x1080 on the center display for this game. Other than the flicker it looks amazing in surround though. I think the flicker started ~ patch 1.4ish so thinking it's a Bethesda optimization that screwed it.

@5StringThing' date=' your right, it is the best RPG I've seen.[/quote']

If you guys don't mind the dated graphics (and/or are willing to dig through a ton of mods yourselves) I highly recommend Obvlivion, especially with Shivering Isles and all the DLC.  IMO the main quests were a lot more involved and unique (The Dark Brotherhood chain was awesome!) and the misc./side quests often weren't just "go here, kill this dude".  There are really good deals for the GotY edition on Steam every once and a while, so add it to your wishlist if you're interested.

@5StringThing' date=' your right' date=' it is the best RPG I've seen.[/quote'']

If you guys don't mind the dated graphics (and/or are willing to dig through a ton of mods yourselves) I highly recommend Obvlivion, especially with Shivering Isles and all the DLC.  IMO the main quests were a lot more involved and unique (The Dark Brotherhood chain was awesome!) and the misc./side quests often weren't just "go here, kill this dude".  There are really good deals for the GotY edition on Steam every once and a while, so add it to your wishlist if you're interested.

I just bought the Fallout 3/Oblivion bundle for $20.  I'm going to put my time in on Skyrim [budgeting between 100 and 120 play hours] and then fire up Oblivion.

I just bought the Fallout 3/Oblivion bundle for $20.  I'm going to put my time in on Skyrim [budgeting between 100 and 120 play hours] and then fire up Oblivion.

Sweet, Fallout 3 was another really good one (much better than New Vegas IMO).  Before you play them however, make sure to check out the Top 100 on Nexus to get all the unofficial patches (pretty much required for Oblivion >.>), the big texture packs, and the other popular stuff.