Whenever I try to use the SUM patcher, I get a missing masters error even though the master is active in MO.

marieruth

Question

I use the legendary unofficial patches with NPCs Protected Redux. When I run the patcher it always stops at the NPCs Protected Redux plugin and I get a missing masters error for that plugin. 

I know that there was some issues with SUM and the unofficial patches a while ago because they were too hefty or something. Will I need to use TES5Edit and alter the legendary patch plugin or is this a different kind of situation?

Both USLEEP and NPCs Protected Redux are up to date, and the game runs fine with no 'missing masters' related crashes, so I'm assuming something else is the problem. Any help is appreciated.

6 answers to this question

I seem to remember having a similar issue when I forgot to uncheck "Run Loot" in the SUM options pane - I remember thinking at the time that the error should more accurately state "X.esp requires master Y to be loaded before it" like xEdit, rather than complain the master is 'missing'. That may have been updated since. 

This probably isn't your issue, but it is something easily checked, so I though I would mention it. For what its worth, I am running USLEEP + NPCs Protected Redux on my SoT-based profile I am building, plus running ASIS through SUM for the enchant fix (No DSR on this one tho), and don't have an issue. 

I seem to remember having a similar issue when I forgot to uncheck "Run Loot" in the SUM options pane - I remember thinking at the time that the error should more accurately state "X.esp requires master Y to be loaded before it" like xEdit, rather than complain the master is 'missing'. That may have been updated since. 

This probably isn't your issue, but it is something easily checked, so I though I would mention it. For what its worth, I am running USLEEP + NPCs Protected Redux on my SoT-based profile I am building, plus running ASIS through SUM for the enchant fix (No DSR on this one tho), and don't have an issue. 

I unchecked the LOOT stuff before I used the tool, as well as disabling the merged patches option. I unticked all the plugins that were added from the NPCs Protected Redux installer, and the tool ran through each plugin with no error messages at all after making that change. I suppose that's my solution for now.

The only reason why I'm using SUM is for Arcane Cleanser, which focuses on enchantments.

Thanks for the response :)

I have been able to replicate the issue with a minimal install order. With Arcane Cleanser, USLEEP, SUM and NPCs Protected Redux installed (and nothing else), SUM fails with the same error. It appears to work if you put Arcane Cleanser before NPC Protected Redux in your load order, however. 

Since the generated patch doesnt appear to touch the NPC records however, I don't see any problem leaving NPCs Protected Redux disabled while you build it rather than playing with your load order - I get the same 6KB patch either way. 

I tried that - you have to use Boss. It asks you to select the executable, and gives an error and closes without patching if you say No. The error messages says something like "If you wish to run this patcher without using BOSS, please download and use SUM" -- or words to that effect.