Base UI Mods verification issues

mcshame

Question

As per the guide, I started with the Base UI installation, skipping the core fixes.

The game starts, pop-up came up about mods, no issues, small head icon on the bottom left, no issue, font looks changed.  Picked a sex and name, took the alternate dream start and was in a room.

So, sounds good.  But when I click Tab and get the Pipboy, it's there but goes bright white like it's overexposed.  And when I move the mouse cursor around, it leave arrows all over the screen.

The only part I was confused was the DarnUI_Support_for_FWE area.  I had installed the DarNified UI zip a11 at the start then DarnUI_Support_for_FWE prior to Advanced Recon Trap Detection (which I believe was a mistake) and then at the end prior to the UIO.

Believing this was an error, I deactivated the  DarnUI_Support_for_FWE (first one in error) and then reinstalled the later one as the guide implied I would need to if I deactivated a mod.  I still get the really bright pipboy and the esc screen to save/exit is also very bright white.

EDIT: ....and then start a clean save.....issue resolved.  Lessen learned, wait 10 more minutes before posting, and don't mod past midnight. 

To bed, more tomorrow

Edited by mcshame

I played with INIs, started the game without Mod Organizer, still had the issue! This made no sense, had to be something with display...hmmm, why am I not getting that ENB Series , Boris pop-up when I start the game like I do in Skyrim....and then I remembered. I closed the MSI gaming app that shows FPS, temperatures, etc.  Low and behold, there is the ENB series popup and the pipboy is working perfectly! I'm so glad I figured this out, now I can finally play the game.

So the MSI gaming app was the problem?

Perhaps there should be a note in the guide about the problems with these apps. The AMD Gaming Evolved, for example, makes it impossible to play Bethesda games if you have two monitors, as well as creating other problems.

Yes, the MSI Gaming application.  I believe this has caused me some problems with Skyrim modded as well. I basically use it to select OverClock settings and FPS display, but it's not needed, just need to set the bios.  When installed, it defaults to come on at startup, just had to remove that.

Edited by mcshame