Just posting this here is case it might help someone.
I was having this problem but with a different file and it took me a while to finally clue into what was happening. The way my system is setup is MO2 and all the tools are installed on C: but all my MO2 game profiles, mods, and stuff are installed on E: I had all the AV exclusions for MO2 and tools (located on C:) in place but none for the MO2 folder on E: where everything is written. Once I put that exclusion in place everything worked fine.
It was a bit of a mind **** because if I disabled all the mods everything worked fine (before the fix). The error only happened when certain mods were installed so for the longest time I thought is was a mod.